Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The effects of street racing...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, wtf is up with a 60 yr old man standing in the middle of the street??? It's usually gramps telling all the kids not to play in the street...
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by DBallz
Look everyone is in the wrong ok. If you know of a street race happening and you stay to watch you are just as at fault. I'm not excusing the drivers at all but everyone had a choice to make. That is why in NY it is illegal just to be in the area of a street race.

But I don't care what anyone here says everyone and I mean EVERYONE has raced on the street weather it was you vs. your friend or some clown who challenged you on the highway on the way home from work. Nobody here is that much of an angel. I look back at all the street racing I did and I can say I'm not proud of it but I did do it and made it to a point in my life where i realized it was just plan ol dumb
Yes, but at the end of the day...

* The drivers of the cars racing are guilty of street racing.
* The spectators of the race are guilty of spectating a street race.
* The driver of the car not involved in the street race is guilty of manslaughter. Not anyone else. It was because of his own negligence that he hit people who were just standing around (albeit on the road)... they didn't just jump on the street out of nowhere, they weren't wearing camoflage, they weren't laying on the road wearing black. The reports even said it was a smooth, straight road, so it's not like the guy was coming out of a corner at regular highway speeds and only saw people at the very last second.

We all know that street racing is illegal, but let's not lose focus of who has the blood of spectators on their hands.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This is retarded...here's where I'm confused.

"Police said the white sedan was not involved in the street race but accidentally drove into the crowd of about 50 people that had spilled onto the highway to watch two racing cars speed off."

1. WHy are they standing in the middle of a highway? Who does that????...it was more than 5-6 people standing there...very weird. Was the road supposed to be closed? Why was a 60 year old doing watching the race

2. How freaking fast was that caprice going for it to kill 8 people?

Street racers are not at fault. The victims(sorry for the loss) lacked sense and judgment... If the car didn't have it's lights on then that adds to the situation.

overall assessment = Weird.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this article this morning when I got to work. I know it wasn't the street racers fault but if there are people standing on the highway to watch their bound to get hit. Street racing is just stupid, I stopped doing it years ago. Some people just have to learn the hard way its not smart to do.

Last edited by EVOSE06; Feb 16, 2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
should never have happened. why would you be dumb enough to stand on the highway anyway?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/16/dra....ap/index.html

Witnesses said they had just watched two cars in the illegal street race speed past when a car without any lights on came up behind them and veered into a crowd of about 50.
The white sedan hit people standing on the side of Route 210 around 3:40 a.m., Prince George's County Police Cpl. Clinton Copeland said.
The driver of the caprice is knee-deep in negligence unless that part of the country gets daylight at 20 minutes to 4 in the morning. The fact that the corpses were watching a street race is irrelevant.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe the driver has Terminator vision:

There is seriously no way that this guy is going to get out of vehicular manslaughter despite the fact that it was after a street race. I really do hope that the media doesn't sway focus to the street race rather than on some genius who drives before sunrise without headlights on.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tkuoha
yeah, wtf is up with a 60 yr old man standing in the middle of the street??? It's usually gramps telling all the kids not to play in the street...
What up bud!!! I was kinda wondering that too, at first I thought he was driving the car, but then they said they interviewed the driver, who wasn't seriously injured. Either way, seriously a bummer.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

3:40 am and headlights off

and the racers are stupid?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:08 PM

I don't advocate street racing ... I think it is stupid, and it has ruined the car scene due to generalized all Evo owners as a bunch of irresponsible idiots.

However I will say this ... show me a track (closed course, safe) where you can race someone from a roll ... without having to shred your clutch and possibly F up your transmission from a stop.

All the times at the strip I have scene cars break down it has always been immediately following a launch.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

^ Why would you ever race someone from a roll on a track?

There's no rule that says you must do a clutch-drop launch during every run at a drag strip. If you don't want to launch, then don't launch. Just roll out, then punch it.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 02:29 PM

i saw it this morning at work on the news , what a shame the driver shall now live with knowing that he killed 8 people ={
Old Feb 16, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

the driver that smashed into the crowd was a fcking idiot as well since he didn't have his lights on (if this is true)

i mean, early morning where it is still dark and you dont have your fcking lights on? WTF? fcking retard.

street racing is retarded pure and simple, too bad there were a lot of fatalities because of this dumb little gathering.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

wow, street race= bad for your health
i better stop now...j/k i dont do it. maybe. NO j/k
Old Feb 16, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
Here you go people... This is why you should keep it at the track!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/..._racing_deaths
wow, holy ****! i just posted but i also JUST found out this is in MN! thats where I live and about 20 miles from where it happened. i never knew until i saw the news from a local new station's web page. it's too fuc ken early and cold to street race anyways. damned people

every friday and saturday night there are always people out racing or (for the muscles, parked and chillin) in the summer, but damn, wayyyy to early to even be doing that kind of ****. oh well, i hope they learn.

Quick Reply: The effects of street racing...