Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This sucks!!!

This sucks, now the EVO VII is supposed to come out in mid 2003 according to automobile magazine. And aslo according to them, we are getting the VII. But I am just upset because what if they bring the VII here, and we get it, but then in a few months the VIII comes, and it is way better. That would be really upsetting to me and I think alot of other people. But also, what if we get the VII? then we will not know what we are getting. should I keep my deposite down or not? What if it turns out to be how the rx 8 is to the 7? grrrr. too many decisions in the car world! oh well, im just getting scared I guess. I liked RaX's opinion on us getting the 8 and it being the flagship car for mitsu all around.
any input????
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

id rather have the 7...never seen the 8 but if its a 2 door i dont want it
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:26 AM

theres a pic of what it is supposed to look like in automobile magazine. it looks like the 7 but with different bumber, lights, and probably a better interior i thinnk. it is a 4 door
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

It's coming in January. The EVO VIII may be a little better, but that could happen with the following model year of any car you buy. The SupraTT was 6 speed in 93-95 then in 96 they took away the 6 speed and you could only get auto until they brought the 6 speed back in 97.

Its a crap shoot. If you like what the VII is buy it, dont worry about next years model. Chances are they will improve or change something on each model year . But look at it this way, if they change to the EVO VIII in 2004 that will make the EVO VII that much more rare.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

i think the magazine also said there might be a six speed tranny also.
:headbng2:
i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: This sucks!!!

Originally posted by silverEVO
This sucks, now the EVO VII is supposed to come out in mid 2003 according to automobile magazine. And aslo according to them, we are getting the VII. But I am just upset because what if they bring the VII here, and we get it, but then in a few months the VIII comes, and it is way better. That would be really upsetting to me and I think alot of other people. But also, what if we get the VII? then we will not know what we are getting. should I keep my deposite down or not? What if it turns out to be how the rx 8 is to the 7? grrrr. too many decisions in the car world! oh well, im just getting scared I guess. I liked RaX's opinion on us getting the 8 and it being the flagship car for mitsu all around.
any input????
THEN LEASE!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon man, cars change. Look, I don't think Evo 5 owners are cryin over the VII and VIII. They are happy sons a bits. So get your car and be happy.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: This sucks!!!

Originally posted by s4awd

THEN LEASE!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon man, cars change. Look, I don't think Evo 5 owners are cryin over the VII and VIII. They are happy sons a bits. So get your car and be happy.
I hear that...I mean come on. The second you buy a car, most likely there's already something better looking and faster out there. It's like complaining that your shoes get dirty because you wear them.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 04:17 AM
In Timeout

or complaining that your 18 year old mail order bride isn't 18 on your first anniversary. Ya can't have your cake and eat it out too.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 08:01 AM

Good points guys .
I wonder it they'll change the interior on the VIII though. or even on the VII. I hope so. I mean, im sure there is going to be alot of people who dont really crave the all out performence and go to the subie cause of interior. they could change that so easily.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by silverEVO
Good points guys .
I wonder it they'll change the interior on the VIII though. or even on the VII. I hope so. I mean, im sure there is going to be alot of people who dont really crave the all out performence and go to the subie cause of interior. they could change that so easily.
Seriously....if you go to the Scooby because of the interior, you've got some issues....who buys a high-performance car for the interior?

I actually like the Evo's interior....it feels a lot less cluttered compared to the Scooby's

Hooby
Old Apr 4, 2002, 09:41 AM

ya thats true. but it would still add a nice touch to it. and there are alot of people out there who would base the decision on interior. everyone i talk to always tries to put me down when i interupts claiming how superior the evo is . I'm sure that will all change when it gets here though. people were probably like "a subaru?!" before it got here.
anyway, thanks for the input guys

to and be
Old Apr 4, 2002, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Its going to be interesting to see how it all pans out in the end. There will be a whole slew of luxury performance sedans/coupes at the 30k mark by the time the mitsu and the STi hit.
Old Apr 4, 2002, 11:08 PM

Cool Build it and they will come !!

The Evolution for the U.S. market will arrive late 2002 as a 2003 model. And by the time it gets here it might be the Evo 8 version anyway. That's the latest I've heard. ( I have an inside scoop, but can't tell you where from)

Don't know yet if it will be a 2.0 or 2.4, but it will be de-tuned to about 260 hp inter-cooled turbo, still AWD, 4-wheel disc brakes, and all of the other goodies. The price I've heard will be closer to $30k, but might have different versions/options.

I rode in a pre-production car a few weeks ago. It was yellow with Recaro seats....blazing fast !!!

So don't give up on it yet. Wait and see for more news later in the summer.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 01:26 PM

Reply for The rEVOlution !!

Do you think it will be released in November/December of this year as a 2003?

It might be, they are always eager to get a new car out real early. I think right now it's planned to be released Dec/Jan.

I also heard the HP might vary from 270-350 (350 sounds too good to be true)

I seriously doubt it will be any more than 260. You have to remember this is Mitsubishi in America, and they are very cautious at releasing too much HP. They might bump it up the next year as they usually do with other models, but it will be 260 at best. Still has to pass smog for 50 states, incl. CA...which can be hard. But I do know aftermarkets will have a few 'tweeks' that you can do to it.

are the Recaro seats stock?

I think that's a good possibility. The one I rode in even had the map lights near the inside rear view mirror, which the '02 Lancer does not have. And believe it had the metal/aluminum pedal pads.

Also will the HIDs be stock or optional? What options do you think Mitsu will include with the release of the Lancer Evo VIII?

Don't know yet, but should have the usual stuff, plus the racecar additions. Their focus right now is releasing the new 2003 Outlander this summer...

http://www.2003outlander.com

More info as it comes in...!!

Last edited by Evo7Rocks; Apr 5, 2002 at 01:28 PM.

Quick Reply: This sucks!!!