Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anotha evo with a BIG F'in DENT!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2003, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anotha evo with a BIG F'in DENT!

Originally posted by evo1
While waiting for a parking spot this afternoon, a 65+ year old lady decided to back up out of her spot -- WITHOUT FRICKIN LOOKING! I had a car directly in front of me, and I quickly glanced in my rear view while LAYING ON THE HORN, and there was a car right behind me as well (no room to the right either). For at least 5 seconds, while realizing I was sandwiched, I layed on the horn but to no avail ... she CRUNCHED my drivers side door! Luckily she had the sense to stop after she felt the impact.

So she gets out the car and says to me ... oh sonny I just didn't see you .... and I'm like WTF! Then she gets in her car and attempts to leave thinking that nothing happened to my car! So of course, after parking my car real quick ... I put on the jets and run her *** down while pounding on her window. Once again .... she's like .... ohhh I'm sorry son I thought you said I could go-that there is no damage. Eh ya f'in BLIND!

Sooooooooooo making the story short ... I called a cop to fill out a report, he wrote her a citation, and now she's been calling me (every hour it seems) to beg me to settle this without bringing her insurance co (State Farm) in the picture. Apparantly, this is the second time she's done this in the last few months and she's afraid she'll get dropped .... lose her license, etc. She's willing to write me a check on my terms -- up front ... after I show her the estimate from a place i choose. The entire outside driver's door will need to be replaced. And of course there was no damage to her '99 4-door Grand Prix. I feel a little sorry for the old bizzzzatch but man should these people even be on the road? What do you guys think I should do ..... let her insurance co. State Farm handle it, or should I help her out by letting her pay for repairs on my terms?
Sorry to hear that!!!!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 08:05 AM

Didn't read the many replies but some insurance companies offer OEM part replacement value instead of the body shop estimates (and whenever possible those guys will bondo dents to save money and make a bigger profit). Some guy hit my civic and killed the front fender and a little of the bumper (no frame damage) and I got a check for $1800 to cover brand-new parts and labor. It actually cost me less than half to fix myself (and have it painted at a shop).

Also, what if her check bounces? Never trust anyone... Don't make life harder for yourself if it's someone else's fault. If the body shop guys change their "estimate", which can happen, then you're out of luck.

-Lee

Last edited by makku; Jul 11, 2003 at 08:17 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by makku
[B]Didn't read the many replies but some insurance companies offer OEM part replacement value instead of the body shop estimates (and whenever possible those guys will bondo dents to save money and make a bigger profit). Some guy hit my civic and killed the front fender and a little of the bumper (no frame damage) and I got a check for $1800 to cover brand-new parts and labor. It actually cost me less than half to fix myself (and have it painted at a shop).

Also, what if her check bounces?

Check will be certified ... and no body shop involved here -- I'm taking it to the dealer and they have already given a very over-inflated estimate just in case there are surprises. But there won't be any surprises because the damage is only the outter door panel ... and my buddy is the manager in the Repair shop at so I told him that if it's anymore than he quoted me ... then he can lick my ***!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:11 PM
In Timeout

Now you can get the JDM bodykit you always wanted. Send her a thank you note.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by L E N A R C
Now you can get the JDM bodykit you always wanted. Send her a thank you note.
Hell yes LENARC!!! That has been on my short list for upcomming mods. Any idea where to start looking on the net? I have a buddy who is Japenese and he told me that he has connections on price .............. just need pics!pics!pics!
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

GO THROUGH INSURANCE!!

It's only a short time before it happens again, perhaps to another automotive enthusiast and maybe next time someone is seriously hurt.

She needs to be removed from the road.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff, I hope everything is workin out for you, but! I still wouldn't do it that way... What's happening with it anyways?? This is the first time I could get on since the new arrival!! (No mods for a while- sniff sniff) But my little girl is doing great!!