Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Loud exhaust ticket ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a couple of those loud exhaust tickets, first time i paid it, second time i took pics of my mom's car exhaust and the judge believed me, and now i got a third one lol.....
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

This is my 6th year driving, (3 years with my evo/STi modified), and my first ticket. I think it was just really bad luck, as i usually dont get harrassed.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

I've got a couple of those loud exhaust tickets, first time i paid it, second time i took pics of my mom's car exhaust and the judge believed me, and now i got a third one lol.....

SO you just paid it and that was it?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

For the most point, no points on the licence no flag for the insurance.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I was woundering about Harley's as well. I hear them coming down the road from the next town over and I bet they don't get exhaust tickets. I got pulled over in Hinesville because of my tint and exhaust. Cop told me I had to get the tint " Reduced " yeah because that would happen, and had to fix the exhaust. Again yeah that would happen. Can you believe this was when I had my Civic. Yup import thing.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've gotten ticketed in MA for $150 - you should consider yourself lucky!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

EXHAUST TICKETS ARE MOVING VIOLATIONS IN MASSACHUSETTS! PLEASE DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

Search the NE forums and/or my name and read about the fight I had and how I won...many Massachusetts members have received this MOVING VIOLATION ticket and won.

Please do not "just pay the fine" as you will be smacked later with insurance surcharges.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
lol just pay it I wish mine was 50 bucks...it's not a moving violation

mine was 90 something and I lied to the judge and told that clownjob I fixed it haha NOT
Originally Posted by tsi2evo
Ya I would not worry about the moving violation.. It cant be, at least here it is not for sure
Originally Posted by dewood*
http://www.caryfamilylawyers.com/fam...tsdui-tickets/

i noticed that Manslaughter or negligent homicide is equivalent in points to Pre-arranged highway racing or lending car for such purpose
Originally Posted by sekula
Originally Posted by Nissaka
For the most point, no points on the licence no flag for the insurance.

This is all misinformation! In the (insane) State of Massachusetts, loud exhaust tickets ARE moving violations and will result in huge insurance surcharges.

Please consider appealing this violation and save yourself a lot more than $50 over the next 6 years!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by electricevo
haha, ohh man, yeah the hearing problem lie wont work too well!

So im cool paying it as long as its NOT a moving violation. believe it or not, my exhaust is VERY quiet the way i drive it...I just drove by a cop on boost when i was trying to merge. just a case of bad luck i guess

Bad luck?!?! Try sitting in traffic on an offramp and having an officer work his way through the sea of cars to "pull you over" when you're doing 0 MPH. All because "that LOOKS like an aftermarket exhaust, son."

Can anyone SEE the irony?

MA 90-16 concerns the illegal or offensive operation of a motor vehicle including an aftermarket or modified exhaust that has been made louder than stock.

Oh, and the max fine under 90-16 is $50. He smacked me for $100 just for fun and told me that if I didn't like it, I could "take it up with the F'ing judge."

All in all it was a fun night and a great day in court .
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

just pay it bro, it is not a moving violation, it will not go on your insurance, its like gettin a tint ticket..it means nothing
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sharkm87
just pay it bro, it is not a moving violation, it will not go on your insurance, its like gettin a tint ticket..it means nothing
It is a moving violation in this state.

AND

3 tint tickets causes you to lose your license in MA.

Please stop giving out false information, New Jersey's laws don't apply here, unfortunately.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

i dont see why you having a loud exhaust and driving normal is hurting anyone.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What Dave (avengerhead) said. Exhaust ticket is a moving violation in MA. I'd pay the 50 bucks too but the insurance surcharges would be a joke.

Better fight the ticket or you'll be sorry!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, it sucks that having a loud exhaust is not just the same as a faulty or improper equipment fine. I thought it was more equated to having a broken headlight or having neons or something like that... But a moving violation that raises your insurance rates for exhaust seems really drastic

If anything, the insurance companies should give you a break because your more likely to be noticed by others and therefore less likely to be hit by another car....

What if it wasn't an aftermarket exhaust but rather an old exhaust with a leak or a loose bolt? Is it the same?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R

What if it wasn't an aftermarket exhaust but rather an old exhaust with a leak or a loose bolt? Is it the same?
No, this violation speaks to an exhaust intentionally modified that is louder than stock. Faulty equipment falls under a different violation.

Quick Reply: Loud exhaust ticket ?