Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Forge Motorsport VTA BOV--- V.S.---- Forge Motorsport Recirculating Bov

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forge Motorsport VTA BOV--- V.S.---- Forge Motorsport Recirculating Bov

Im getting a dyno flash in the next 2-4 weeks and im going to get some parts before i get a flash. im getting Hallman MBC, Fuel pump and a new bov. i just cant decide on which one. i dont want the stock plastic one to leak so im going to get a replacement one. its either going to be the Forge Motorsport VTA BOV or the Forge Motorsport Recirculating Bov. I dont want to run rich but i think it be alot nicer to have a VTA instead of a recirulating. I read the article that the featured evo has about them and i cant make up my mind. right now im leaning towards the recirulating.

Also should i get a Forge Adjustable Wastegate to? im a noob and need some help on what i should get before i get a tune.
thks

my mods are in my sig

Last edited by Kevin Knight; Jul 26, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

I love VTA...honestly I do. I always have. BUT, I believe in fuction over form, and the recirculating is the way to go imo. I just installed a Forge Diverter on my car about 2 hours ago & i LOVE it.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

im thinking Recirculating is the way to go. byt now should i get a forge wastegate to?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please search for why you shouldn't run VTA. You have no need for the WGA right now.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

warrtalon, is a fuel pump, forge bov and a hallman mbc all i need before i get a flash, or am i missing something. thks
Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

To be honest. If its your first turbo car then get the VTA. People will always tell you its bad to VTA balhbalhba but you'll just have to learn from experience. I used to love VTA and thought it was badass then it become the most annoying thing while you drive.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BBS
To be honest. If its your first turbo car then get the VTA. People will always tell you its bad to VTA balhbalhba but you'll just have to learn from experience. I used to love VTA and thought it was badass then it become the most annoying thing while you drive.
Im going to get the rec. i just hate driving around and my friend who has a 12 sec SRT-4 and his greddy rs bov screams compared to my pos plastic one.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

I have two points of view on VTA. My first is that I ran VTA on my stock turbo with a TiAL and loved it. Never leaked, sounded great and had no idle issues. BUT, when I started messing with "breathing" end of mods (cams, intake, etc.) I started to get some hesitation at part throttle and choppy idle.

Having gone through about 5 different valves I'd recommend the OEM Metal DV or a Forge RS recirc valve if you plan to run more than 24 psi of boost in the future. If you really want the sound and functionality of a VTA then I suggest you look into a Blow-through MAF setup such as the one sold on MachEvo. Only issue with that is going with a custom upper IC pipe, and then finding someone who knows how to tune the MAF converter to work with your stock ECU.

Also for a tune, if you don't already have a TBE or even a cat-back (and plan to get one) I'd hold off until then unless you can find someone who will update your tune for a really cheap price as you add mods. As far as what you have listed, the car will run just fine without a tune.

Edit: I just now read your sig and see you have a TBE. Time for a boost controller and a tune.

Last edited by Cirrusly Evolvd; Jul 26, 2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

i just hate driving around and my friend who has a 12 sec SRT-4 and his greddy rs bov screams compared to my pos plastic one.
Then perhaps you should either buy a neon or buy a standalone ecu and convert to a MAP sensor. The cost is probably about the same

It's not like the volume of a venting valve is dictating ***** size.

How's your friend going to feel when you've got a few more mods and you're passing him on a course like he was a little kid in his mom's Hyundai?

"Well he may have passed me like I was in reverse, but at least I still got my PSHH."
Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by saev
"Well he may have passed me like I was in reverse, but at least I still got my PSHH."
LOL...that's awesome dude thanks. I'm adding that to my sig!
Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by saev
Then perhaps you should either buy a neon or buy a standalone ecu and convert to a MAP sensor. The cost is probably about the same

It's not like the volume of a venting valve is dictating ***** size.

How's your friend going to feel when you've got a few more mods and you're passing him on a course like he was a little kid in his mom's Hyundai?

tell me about it i make fun of his dodge all the time. but i have no room to talk because he kills me everytime i mess around with him when driving.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

That's the bad thing about having a stock Evo 8. From a roll the SRT-4 is just as fast. From a dig however you'd have the upper hand. Time for a good tune and a boost controller.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
warrtalon, is a fuel pump, forge bov and a hallman mbc all i need before i get a flash, or am i missing something. thks
I read this quickly and thought you were trying to insult him, lol.

Warrtalon is a fuel pump --- I'm not even sure what that would mean

Warrtalon - I mean no harm just thought it sounded funny.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dudical26
I read this quickly and thought you were trying to insult him, lol.

Warrtalon is a fuel pump --- I'm not even sure what that would mean

Warrtalon - I mean no harm just thought it sounded funny.
lol ,no not really
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

why would you get a BOV for the sound?...the reason why i got mines is because of the plastic one leaking boost