Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Nose Mask / Bra for EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2003, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can shrink the photo. Try halving the size in whatever photo program you've got. Look for an option like resampling or something.
-N
Old Jun 3, 2003, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the picture from meeyatch1. I made it smaller and increased the contrast so we can see the details of the bra. I'm not sure I improve dthe photo but the contrast is better.

Thanks meeyatch1
Attached Thumbnails Nose Mask / Bra for EVO-evobra.jpg  
Old Jun 3, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

It fits quite well, and looks better than I thought
Old Jun 3, 2003, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I like it.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 02:33 PM

Clear Bra

I have the clear bra on my Evo 8 and it's excellent. I had it installed as soon as I brought it home and not one chip yet. It's a 3M product and you can't even seee it unless you go up close. I got the full Kit which was custom designed for my evo. Mine was the first done so now they have a blueprint for any evo. I had the sides done behind the wheel wells and the door jams and the rear quarter panel behind the rear door because the flare sticks out and rocks fly from the front wheels to the rear. No pictures but it covers the whole front bumper and side quarter just a little. Also the hood up to the airflow vent. Here is the link if you want pictures and contact information.
http://www.xpel.com/
Old Jun 3, 2003, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the comments about my mask...the thing the pictures do not show is that the mask actually has a kind of carbon fiber pattern to it, so it looks cool up close.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have a factory bra on my GSX and the fit is great so I am familiar but I thought I'd ask....

How hard is it to take on and off? I assume it is the typical hooks on the ends of elastic bands and the felt covered metal hooks??

Does it flap at all??

The GSX bar does not flap at all and is fairly easy o take on and off but there are a few potential scratch points when removing it.

How are you doing with scratches so far caused or prevented by the bra?
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:38 PM

Where did you buy it?

Was wondering where you bought your Black bra. I have been hounding my dealer since day one and they don't have a clue. They just keep saying that it's not available yet. Also how much was it? Anywone post what your sources are.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

try

mitsubishiparts.com or

mitsubishiparts.net
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the mask at a local dealer that had it in stock as part of a $6,000 'Sport Package' markup on a blue Evo in their showroom. I offered to buy the mask, cargo net, and the brake ducts from them and they sold them to me.

The mask fits really well, but the one problem I have noticed is that two of the plastic tabs that hook the bumper part to the edge of the bumper and the wheel well are exposed and scratching my bumper. I may have to place some tape over these to stop that from going any further.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks meeyatch1 for the details.

I was and am still worried about the scratching at the attach points and I'm not crazy about the expense of the clear bra. The battle is always that no matter what you put on the connection tabs you still get dirt in between the car and attachment point. My rule is always to pull off the bra when or before it gets wet and only add it to a clean car with clean attach points on the bra. The trouble is when you drive dirt can get in between as you drive even with tape, especially in the wheel wells.

I still want one but I still debate it.

On a semi-related note what do the brake ducts look like and are they even visible from the outside?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 10:58 AM

whats the rate on a clear one then.? anyone?

M
Old Jun 4, 2003, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

The price depends on what pieces you buy. They have pieces for different parts of the car and kits that include various pieces. There is a link above by blue-evo8 that lists one manufacturer and their prices...and there are others listed in this and other posts if you search.

It was a few hundred dollars if I remember correctly to cover the front and a few other small areas.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:35 AM

hi there,

Can anyone please tell me where can I order this from??

thanks

Originally Posted by wmcorcor
Here is the picture from meeyatch1. I made it smaller and increased the contrast so we can see the details of the bra. I'm not sure I improve dthe photo but the contrast is better.

Thanks meeyatch1