Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ralliart chip ?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2003, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hashash
I Would say this dealer is full of BS , lots of our freinds on the MLR have installed Ralliart ecus ( on evo 4's,5's,'s and 7's ) and lots had dyno sessions and claimed only 10-15 hp from this upgrade , no ecu by itself can give a 65 hp power increase ! the Ralliart ecu only makes the car run less rich (it runs pig rich anyways) , it has a different duty cycle for the boost solenoid , so you notice a slight increase in boost pressure ( 0.1 bar) and has no fuel cut limit built in , so you can increase the boost pressure with no cuts ! this is why its used for , permits you to raise your boost pressure up to 1.5 bar i think (22psi) , it has enough fueling for such high pressures .

Ralliart ecu by itself 10 -15 hp

Ralliart ecu + boost controller 45-60 hp

P.S and it costs less than 3000 USD , i will be ordering mine next week for my seven , its 100,000 JYP in japan +shipping , which equals around 850 USD +shipping

cheers
Sherif

Hi hashash, he is right and here in the UK we mostly use 98 ron, even so we have been informed that the new Rart ecu should have better figs but I would not hold my breath on this.....ETA is SEP/OCT 03 and will cost around the £1000, GBP mark for that price it better have mid 300 figs if not I am pleased to say a little spoilt for choice here.... Also hear Rart could be offering perform pack like sti, zorst, induc, resrictor and ecu mod ...all hear say at the moment

Nice 1

MOE
Old May 24, 2003, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Some people would spend 3,000 just as long as warranty is still good that's crazy. I would wait 3,000 is not fast cash for most people.
Old May 24, 2003, 02:26 PM

yeah but an engine rebuild is gonna a be hell of a lot more if you get it wrong
Old May 24, 2003, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by lil'evil_evo
Some people would spend 3,000 just as long as warranty is still good that's crazy. I would wait 3,000 is not fast cash for most people.
I'd definitely spend $3000 for a dealer-installed 64 horsepower upgrade which doesn't affect my warranty.

Think of it this way. Two cars to choose from:

Car A - Evo with 271 flywheel hp, $30000

Car B - Evo with 335 flywheel hp, $33000

Give me car B.
Old May 24, 2003, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

64hp is way, WAY optimistic...
Old May 24, 2003, 03:03 PM

JB so would I gonna wait to see what comes out in Sep, until then I will load up the my FQ8 with arp conrod bolts and up the boost via restrictor to 1.4 bar.

In the UK we have a company called Xtreame which some of you may of heard of they do:

330 ft lbs !!!
320 bhp

The mods are as follows:

Full dcat zosrt from turbo back
HKS yellow race induc
ARP boltsboost via restrictor to 1.4 bar.

Not bad, so I will be doing the same until the ralliart ecu comes out....will check afr also to be sure.
Old May 25, 2003, 02:53 PM
Leo

One of my best friends is the assnt. manager of the parts dept. of a Mitsu / Subaru dealership here in town .
He told me as soon as he gets any Rallyart literature on this product & the (kit's) ...
he will call me & get me a copy of everything.
If there is someone here in Houston that has a GOOD computer I will let ya scan it & post it if ya want ......
My friend told me that the chip is supposed to do what that car salesman told me it was supposed to do .... bump power output to around 335HP.
He also said that Rallyart will offer staged kits.
These kits have to be dealer installed to have the warranty carried over .
As soon as I get my hands on that stuff I'll let you'll know.
Old May 25, 2003, 03:09 PM

Leo would be pleased to see it
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Any news from the RalliArt 335BHP ECU?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with diesel; one little chip, and they want 335 hp?!?!?! Plus, for 3,000 , you can get way more peices and more power I think. Screw the warranty.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

The first salesman I talked to about the EVO, at Max Madsen, Aurora, IL said there was a restrictor plate that could be removed easily that would add horsepower. He claimed its removal would add about 50HP.

He even went as far as getting on the floor of the showroom and pointing to "something" and saying something like "it's right in there".

Of course while he was doing that I was doing the biggest eye rolls in the world and trying not to laugh. But both me and my wife were entertained for a while at least.

At a later service apointment at this store (I bought the car at their Downers Grove store, not any better for accuarcy btw) this same salesdork did admit that he later found out that this plate was a myth. They apparantly had a customer that wanted his plate removed at the dealership. Six hours of work later they found no plate. But they did find their collective feet in their mouths.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Diesel
64hp is way, WAY optimistic...
you guys are so lame!

64hp is optimistic, yet i see horsepower claims on here everyday for 400+ wheel horsepower with the std turbo!

if you actually cared about evo's, you would know that in the uk, the "fq" models are sold with ecu, exhaust, ic pipes and this is all under warranty.

these rumors about a ralliart ecu from your dumbass mitsu dealer are almost certainly rumors of something like this, but for the states. it's not like they are going to put a remapped ecu in the car without full exhaust and better induction.

these warrantied mods should make as much as 330 hp. which is totally reasonable for an exhaust and remap with touched up boost.

of course, based on your guys ridiculous dyno claims, you'd probably be thinking you got 350whp from it.

and finally to shiv's comment about not much "slop" in the facory ecu. would people in areas of the states with higher octane gas benefit more from a remap than from people with less octane gas?
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Did anyone even notice that this thread is almost a year old? Remember, when these posts were made, the first Evo allotments had only hit the shores of the US weeks before. We knew very little about the Evo at that time....which is why there is so much misinformation contained in this...

It was long ago decided that the 'ralliart ecu' was not on the immediate horizon for US Evo's.

rico, please take your anti US Evo sentiment elsewhere. We do not set the Dyno's that we test on. We only arrive, pay our money and get our dyno sheet. So if the numbers seem optimistic compared to the numbers you get wherever in the world you are, thats too bad....but get over it man.

Thread closed

SC~