Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad your wife is OK. After seeing those pics, my stomach is getting a little queezy
Old Mar 12, 2003, 02:22 PM

Damm thats messed up.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 03:10 PM

You may have a buyer for the project car. PM with more information if you are going to sell it or your insurance wants someone to pick it up.

Regards,
Nate
Old Mar 12, 2003, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Drop me a line too if you decide to buy it from the insurance company and sell it id def be interested in it.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by HobieKopek
It covers the difference between your loan and the actual cash value of the car. I'm honestly suprised you've never heard of it. Have neither of you ever bought a new car? The dealership tried to get me to buy into all sorts of things when I got my car including lo-jack, factory alarms, extended warranty, and....gap insurance. Anything to make a quick buck, but it can really pay off considering your car depreciates once you step on the gas.

EDIT: Simply put...Let's just say the actual value of the car after having driven it for 2 days is $25,000 after depreciation for miles, 1 owner etc. The actualy cost of the car is $30,000 (nice round number). The gap is $5,000. Instead of insurance paying $25,000, with gap insurance they would pay the full $30,000. Dig?
Actually, if you have good insurance, they also have something called replacement cost. (which I have) If your car is totalled, regardless of how old it is (one day or 5 years), they will pay you the full amount required to replace your vehicle at that point in time, including any modifications.

Glad your wife is ok, but I'm not overly impressed with how poorly the roof held up in the back for only having rolled over twice. Any passengers back there would have been seriously injured or worse!
Old Mar 12, 2003, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dtech

Actually, if you have good insurance, they also have something called replacement cost. (which I have) If your car is totalled, regardless of how old it is (one day or 5 years), they will pay you the full amount required to replace your vehicle at that point in time, including any modifications.

I believe his car is new enough that he will still get a "replacement cost" payout from his insurance company if the car ends up being totalled.

SC~
Old Mar 12, 2003, 03:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I don't even have gap insurance. I just remember them offering it to me...that and my father's an insurance broker. Makes a lot more sense on a car that depreciates quickly than on a car that's a economy sedan.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear about your accident, but thankfully everyone is ok. Good luck.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Alright... I'll post.

Glad the wife's okay, obviously. Sorry about the Evo - I'm sure things'll work out in the end.

And does anyone else think it's rather disturbing the number of people who comment that you should never let your wife/girlfriend drive your Evo? Maybe I'm not supposed to be offended by it, but I'd say all of you who've said something along these lines deserve a heavy beating. It's a sad story and all, but that's no reason to turn it into an excuse to take your insecurities out on others, especially when I'm sure there are many others here who can recognize that your opinions are baseless.
-N
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

looks like the perfect candidate for the first EVO convertable...
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by neilscully
Alright... I'll post.

Glad the wife's okay, obviously. Sorry about the Evo - I'm sure things'll work out in the end.

And does anyone else think it's rather disturbing the number of people who comment that you should never let your wife/girlfriend drive your Evo? Maybe I'm not supposed to be offended by it, but I'd say all of you who've said something along these lines deserve a heavy beating. It's a sad story and all, but that's no reason to turn it into an excuse to take your insecurities out on others, especially when I'm sure there are many others here who can recognize that your opinions are baseless.
-N
I'm not tryin to call anyone out. Our opinios is what makes the website stay alive. Yeah it's a sad story, but it could ahve been avoided. The dealers make you watch a video before buying this car for a reason. To let you know that this isn't your wifes Camry or Honda. It's a highly tuned machine capable of intense accelerationa and extreme handling. Please, and they stress, please be careful when driving it. If anyone driving the car fish tails and tried to countersteer without knowing how the car operates, they will in fact oversteer. Due to the fact of the Evo's quick steering response. A quarter turn on the Evo wheel is equal to like a half turn or more on your run-of-the-mill econobox. Hence the oversteer and spinout.

And as far a giving a beating to everyone who mentioned it, if you notice, they are all Evo owners and they know the information I already covered. That is why they mentioned it.

Don't get me wrong. I am very glad she got out in one peice. Damn anyone who wishes this on any person ! !

Also, are you a Phsych major?

Last edited by stvbreal; Mar 12, 2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:26 PM

Sorry about your loss and glad to know that your wife is ok. May God Bless you.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by stvbreal

I'm not tryin to call anyone out. Our opinios is what makes the website stay alive. Yeah it's a sad story, but it could ahve been avoided. The dealers make you watch a video before buying this car for a reason. To let you know that this isn't your wifes Camry or Honda. It's a highly tuned machine capable of intense accelerationa and extreme handling. Please, and they stress, please be careful when driving it. If anyone driving the car fish tails and tried to countersteer without knowing how the car operates, they will in fact oversteer. Due to the fact of the Evo's quick steering response. A quarter turn on the Evo wheel is equal to like a half turn or more on your run-of-the-mill econobox. Hence the oversteer and spinout.
That's all well and good, but unless this video is only viewable by men or something, then you're only continuing exactly what I was talking about with your comparison to "your wifes Camry or Honda." There are ways to distinguish between people who can drive and people who can't and gender isn't one of them.

Also, there's nothing to say that a man driving at this particular moment wouldn't have yielded the same results. No one here driving an Evo knows their car yet. You've got to have at least 10K miles on your car before you start to know its limits if you ask me. From my perspective, you don't really know a car til you've had it several years.
-N
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by neilscully

That's all well and good, but unless this video is only viewable by men or something, then you're only continuing exactly what I was talking about with your comparison to "your wifes Camry or Honda." There are ways to distinguish between people who can drive and people who can't and gender isn't one of them.

Also, there's nothing to say that a man driving at this particular moment wouldn't have yielded the same results. No one here driving an Evo knows their car yet. You've got to have at least 10K miles on your car before you start to know its limits if you ask me. From my perspective, you don't really know a car til you've had it several years.
-N
You can take the Gender issue up with Mitsu. Eveidently they seem to think more men will be buying this car than women.

I never said that a man would never get in that particular situation. It can and will happen. And it has. Only because the man, like the woman, was not educated. Like the the guy who wrecked the car on the test drive. He thought he was super rally Jackson Jackass and it bit him in the ***. Why, because he didn't know.

Stemming from this issue is the fact that parents are buying these cars for their kids thinking it is a safe car, AWD, great in the winter. And again, they don't know. So when I look in the USAToday and see kids wrapping themsleves around telephone poles, all I can say to myself is "aint ignorance bliss".

Last edited by stvbreal; Mar 12, 2003 at 04:44 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

nice to know the wife is ok so i can now comment on the car. You could have the very first convertible evo Who needs a roof anyways? j/k hope all is well.

Quick Reply: My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)