Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Test drive?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, compared to my truck (12.8 @106mph, 1.79 60') it felt a bit slow, but thats definitely a relative thing. it was a smooth in power delivery as the Cobra, and felt like a sports car. No problem squeaking the tires on 2nd and 3rd gear shifts. It felt fairly fast, and tight enough not to be boring. It also looks damn cool. if I go Z it will be a Redline Enthusiast model, so I can use 17" Kumhos for autocrossing, and 245/45 Azenis for street.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

No test drive on an M5 is BS. I have test drove an M3 and M5 on the same day and didn't buy either of them. Most european dealers encourage people to test drive their cars so people know how they drive and spread the word. It's funny how the upscale dealers don't care, they don't pressure you or tell feed you a bunch of BS and if you want to test drive, they're more than willing, then you get some 2-bit Mitsubishi dealer that's all paranoid about a 30k car and marking it up to the sky. I have even gone on test drives in 911 Turbos. These Mitsu dealers think they're selling something so rare or something, it's not, there's gonna be plenty of EVOs on the lots soon. All the dealers are just waiting to cash in on the 2 Fast 2 Furious craze, that's all, once the movie blows over, we'll see.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Tiak
--Out of curiosity, what makes it more difficult to drive than a variety of other cars (Z06, SVT cobra, 350z, galant vr-4, S4, Integra type-R, neon srt-4, s2000, rx-7, M5, M3, s60-R, 3000GT vr-4)? I understand that some of these are no longer in production but the point is a lot of these cars have/had similar characteristics that would make me question the 'difficult to drive' statement.

-Tiak
I've driven a lot of these myself, and let me tell you, driving the Evo is a different experience. Not sure how to put it into words, but trust me.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by snuffyrsx

Really? I was reading everywhere that it wasnt limited, and will make as many as they can sell.
It's always been a limited production car. That has never changed.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:36 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by drmosh
It's funny how the upscale dealers don't care, they don't pressure you or tell feed you a bunch of BS and if you want to test drive, they're more than willing, then you get some 2-bit Mitsubishi dealer that's all paranoid about a 30k car and marking it up to the sky.
1. The problem is, most are sold. Meaning that's someguys car whom put a deposit on it. I dont' think they want their cars test driven.
2. Someone already crashed one during test drive the first day it was released. I'm sure that didnt' help.
3. Most ppl interested are young. Perhaps Teens whom want to joy ride and have no intention to buy.
4. IF you are really interesed i'm sure they'll let you test drive. Some dealers may be alright.

I'd bet the 2bit dealer was the one whom had their test vehicle smashed in CA.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball

I've driven a lot of these myself, and let me tell you, driving the Evo is a different experience. Not sure how to put it into words, but trust me.
but isn't it fair to say that *most* of those cars are different driving experiences from each other as well? i would think so. an FD vs. a neon srt-4 vs. an s2000 vs. an M5. if those four aren't quite different from each other (and again, from the evo), i don't know what are.

i didn't test drive my integra. i test drove a gs-r, though. good thing i liked mine as well after purchase.

-K

P.S. The first thing they mentioned at the mitsu dealer i went to today was that they weren't offering TDs on their two (still for sale) yellow models, but they ushered me to the meeting room to watch the video.

Last edited by K:()!!y; Mar 11, 2003 at 10:23 PM.