Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much you guys paying for ur EVO8?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How much you guys paying for ur EVO8?

Almost everywhere here in San Francisco and around we have at least a 10k markup!
And in SF it's 20k markup!
Looks like i'll be getting mine either end of this yr or next yr when the hype is gone.
Just curious what is everyone paying for their new EVO?
Pls list price and location and dealer also.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 01:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude I've been dealing with the Gillman dealerships here in Texas and the average price was $28 thou and some change, this morning I was completely discouraged, but then called a few dealerships in San Antonio and found the exact one I wanted, Apex Silver, no sunroof, high spoiler for $32,062 , $2,000 over what I understand to be MSRP for that one, called around to a few other dealerships and they told me straight up that there is no way that they could compete with that and that I should just jump all over it, I found that amusing along with the fact that all three of the dealerships are owned by the same people, a week ago I was pissed that I would be paying over MSRP, but now, after calling all around and almost having to face the fact that I wasn't going to be able to afford the car that I've been holding back for for 2 years I feel good, may be getting ripped off, but it looks like it could have been much worse

cheers and good luck to all
Old Mar 11, 2003, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought mine in San Diego for $2500 over MSRP. BUT I got a good deal on extended warranty, lojack, and stuff on top of it. Don't buy in SF. Fly into San Diego for $100 and drive home a new Evo. Not to mention you'd be really close to break in after that.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 02:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Evilution, you got all of that stuff included with the $2500 over msrp? If so, please do give me some pointers on how to go about negotiating this.

Many thanks
Mitsuorder
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

We have 2 more in my town.. I paid MSRP..

A Red and Silver..

-Zach
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

There are plenty of dealerships with available allocations at MSRP. Buy your car out of state.

A $150 plane ticket + drive back, or $500 - $1000 in shipping is a lot better than the markups you are talking about.

Just as one example, here is what is available from my local dealer:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=15836

And they can handle shipping cars... I just referred over a buyer from CA who is having the car shipped to him. No hastle and he's saving thousands compared to the ridiculous gouging...
Old Mar 11, 2003, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Takashi, there's a dealer in Salinas selling at MSRP last time I checked. Not too far from you. Look them up in yahoo. I forgot their address.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Few things. I was going to buy from AZ at MSRP but there is a lot more to it then just driving it over and registering it here. At least from what I've been told and read. It can be a major hassle to buy an out of state car. It has to be your state certified to bring it over for one. Otherwise it's not registerable. Some other garbage about having to register in that state first then bring it over. I dunno there was a lot of garbage that I was being fed and haven't heard from anyone otherwise. I assume this car is good for any state but I'm not positive. Just something to look out for.

Ok, as for my purchase, no I didn't get the extras included with my markup. But I did get the extended warranty for half the regular price. Over $100 off of LowJack. And over $100 off of the paint protector crap. The extended warranty is bumper to bumper full coverage including towing. All in all not a bad deal. It only made like a $30/month difference or something. Maybe less don't remember.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Also, In CA, I believe, you have to pay the taxes on the car when you bring it in. So you may have to register it in the state which you bought it (paying those state taxes) then when you bring it into CA you would need to pay taxes on it again. This is how I understand it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Nick
Old Mar 11, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Actually yes and no. You pay the taxes in the state you purchased it and pay the difference in your state when you bring it there. So if tax in AZ was like 6.5% and tax here is 8.25% I would only pay an additional 1.75% in taxes. A friend of mine bought a new Supra from Oregon and brought it down to CA and had to do this.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 02:38 PM

Man... Some of you guys are too hardcore to be willing to pay several thou over MSRP. As much as I love the Evo, I think I love my $ more. When the hype is over, we may be able to get one for invoice +2%.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 03:51 PM

My friend bought his EVO from Browning Mitsubishi in Cerritos, CA. He got it for MSRP with nothing added on. His car has only the wing and the sticker was $30,062 before tax and license. They apparently sold their first 7 EVOs at sticker - which were all the ones that they had advanced deposits for.

Their new deal is $2985 over sticker - but you get an alarm, some other security package and paint & fabric protection for that added price if that makes you feel any better. It's basically 3 things for $995 each. I don't know hether you can deal on that stuff at all or not, but it's better to get something for your extra money than nothing in my opinion.

Last I heard, they have a black car available. They may have received some others as well or have more on the way as they are a large dealer. You'll want to speak to Daryll Ford in Sales - he took very good care of my friend. You can reach him at 562/924-1414. If you can't reach him ask for Juan Santoro - he's the sales manager that helped out. Both were great to deal with and will do their best to take care of you I'm sure. Cerritos is a 30min cab ride from LAX airport so even if you're far away you should still consider calling them if you are faced with a huge markup in your area.

BTW: You can tell them that I sent you - they'll remember me as the guy with the camera.

>8^)
ER
Old Mar 11, 2003, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

i have been dealing with the guys from Illman here in austin and have seen the car at MSRP. they add vin sketching and som epaint protection package, a 6 disc changer, a pit pass warranty and wheel locks. they try to sell it to you for 38K with all that. i say just wait. the STI comes out soon. then Mitsu will be working alot harder to sell these puppies
Old Mar 11, 2003, 11:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

funny thing is that today gillman of austin called me practically begging for my business, offered me the car i wanted plus a sunroof, which i specifically didn't want, for the same price that i was now being offered by metro mitsu in san antonio, told them no thanks. but get this ****, then the sales manager started diggin', he said "well what if we could put you into an evo until yours came in" i said no way that wouldn't be right to whoever got it after me, Barry Watson is the salesman i had dealt with for a while now pertaining to the Evo and i think he is one of the most stand up guys i've ever met in the business, but i guess gillman of austin is now seeing that not everyone is going to go for their $38 g evo's equipped with wheel locks, disc changer, and pit pass. Hell I got my severe pit pass for $622, hope that was a good deal, and a 1 year premium membership to The Wash Tub car wash. Oh and by the way i love the car, feels like i'm driving some prototype vehicle from NASA's JPL
Old Mar 11, 2003, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mitsuorder
funny thing is that today gillman of austin called me practically begging for my business, offered me the car i wanted plus a sunroof, which i specifically didn't want, for the same price that i was now being offered by metro mitsu in san antonio, told them no thanks. but get this ****, then the sales manager started diggin', he said "well what if we could put you into an evo until yours came in" i said no way that wouldn't be right to whoever got it after me, Barry Watson is the salesman i had dealt with for a while now pertaining to the Evo and i think he is one of the most stand up guys i've ever met in the business, but i guess gillman of austin is now seeing that not everyone is going to go for their $38 g evo's equipped with wheel locks, disc changer, and pit pass. Hell I got my severe pit pass for $622, hope that was a good deal, and a 1 year premium membership to The Wash Tub car wash. Oh and by the way i love the car, feels like i'm driving some prototype vehicle from NASA's JPL
Can you please check your PM for a pricing question? Thx.