Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauges for the EVO VIII

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauges for the EVO VIII

Does anyone know if someone is producing quality gauges to use other than the factory sports meter kit?? Im looking for a set to match the red glow of the factory tachometer. I would like to set up the gauges in the top portion of my windshield, that way I can use the spare area set aside for the sports meter for possibly another mod. Any ideas guys, dont mind spending the money, just want quality proffesional stuff. This beast is the ****!!!
Old Mar 7, 2003, 06:19 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Defi Gauges

That's what I'll be using

Mark
Old Mar 7, 2003, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

I might be using apex again for the Evo

or

HKS

Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:20 AM

What exactly is the "sports meter kit" accessory for the EVO 8?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

My dealer gave me an accessories list of things they will have available for the Evo. One being the turbo guage. Actually it is a cluster of 3 guages, Turbo, Fuel Pres., and not sure what the last one is.

But then again, I'm going with something differetnt.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

The dealer gauges suck though...they put them way too low...in the bottom DIN slot....who looks down there?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:59 AM

I definitely recommend Defi guages as well although they do not match the orange glow of the stock Evo guages. They are very high quality guages and are a bit expensive but worth every penny.

Here they are in my friend's Evo VII

For Defi, you can daisy chain up to seven guages in the car. Like what was done above.

If you are going to get Defi be sure to get the multipurpose monitor which provides information on speed, oil temperature, water temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and exhaust temperature in digital format. And the information scrolls out on the screen like a news ticker whenever the car is stopped (i.e. in traffic), so looks very good with an abundance of info provided to the driver at all times.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

That set up is nice. I would definitely like it to match if I could. What do you guys think about those Blitz gauges that were advertised???
Old Mar 7, 2003, 04:42 PM

http://dakotadigital.com/products.cfm?Category=94 if these were red I'd be all over them.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Nahhh! I dont really like the digital. I like to see the dial move
Old Mar 7, 2003, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by lancealott
That set up is nice. I would definitely like it to match if I could. What do you guys think about those Blitz gauges that were advertised???
I love those Blitz gauges. I figure with white/blueish stereo installed and red stock gauges, the Blitz gauges with both white/blue and red needles would pull it all together. Or just change from stock when something becomes available and get rid of the orange/red altogether.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, I just saw those Blitz guages and they ARE nice! I also was checking out some of their new products and this caught my eye.
http://www.blitz-na.com/Blitz_Products.htm

Check out the Power Meter i-D and new DSBC. I wonder how accurate that thing measures HP? I'm assuming it's to the wheels as well. That's a tight little unit I wouldn't mind having. I loved my DSBC I had on my Supra so I may go that route again. Any one know anything about the Power Meter?
Old Mar 8, 2003, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info on that site. Im not to sure about info about the Power Meter. Anyone??
Old Mar 8, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, newbie question here..

I'm wondering, cause our USDM Evo only has 1 DIN, how are we to fit dash gauges as well as a head unit? The dealer gauge clusters are mounted waaaay at the bottom, where it's completely useless. Is there a way to rearrange the dash on the car?

Or do we have to find some other place to mount the gauges, like instead of in the dash on TOP of the dash? Though I think that makes it look rather cluttered..
Old Mar 8, 2003, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I am currently looking for a middle dash modification. If there isnt something like that available then probably have to scatter them (slightly like the pic above) with gauges up the left side of the windshield. Sometimes, a design on the left side of the windshield can look pretty tough. Hopefully we will have a company that is going to be generous and build us a kit

Quick Reply: Gauges for the EVO VIII