Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is the Evo the best?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't that amazing how you can pick up the same Lotus albeit better cuz it's minus the US restrictions and only pay like $32,000 for it. Ahhh just saying "I drive a Lotus" is like instant gratification. Well maybe if I'm looking for another driver besides my Evo when I get it =D Getting harder and harder to decide between silver and black. I've decided to let fate decide. If my dealership can't get a silver next week for me then I'll take my black. Otherwise it will be silver.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:01 AM

how do the new infinities match up to the evo VIII's? I dunno much about them except the fact that they look very good
Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

The G35C is a nice car but it's slower than a 350Z which is slower than an Evo. How exactly do you mean matches up? In terms of sheer performance the Evo will crush it in every area. As far as looks and styling well that's a personal taste but the G35coupe is very nice and plush inside. It is after all built off a luxury sedan. It's trunk isn't very big and the back seat will hardly fit anyone that's tall. But it is a very nice car all around. If you want looks, cumfort, and good performance I'd recommend it. If you want outright blistering performance that will bring a tear to your eye I say Evo all the way.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 12:20 AM

Yes they are nice little cars, but i'm goin for performance over everything...i think i'm goin to wait until the EVO rage cools down some and the sti comes out (which is going to be incredible). both of these cars will be wonderful but at my age with my paychecks either would be a very significant purchase
Old Mar 7, 2003, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

If you want a list of NEW and coming cars I would consider getting myself:

1. Lancer EVO
2. Subaru WRX STi
3. Subaru WRX
4. Volvo S60R (over 35k)
5. Nissan 350Z/G35 Coupe
6. Dodge SRT-4
7. Audi RS6 (fat chance of getting one at any price)
8. Audi A4 1.8T Quattro (big potential for mods)
9. Corvette Z06

Supposedly, Nissan will bring the real Skyline GT-R over as a 2005 Infiniti model. But that's purely in the rumormill.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest, there's really no direct competition against the Evo and the Sti in the states yet, and the only competition I really see from the future is Ford's Cosworth Focus, turbo charged AWD.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by erikgj

no
R32 vs. STi and/or Evo? Stock... not really. Modded... hell yeah!

IIRC, there's a German tuner that has already slapped a twin-turbo setup on an otherwise stock R32. The result? ~600hp!! It was posted somewhere on Vortex...

There's also another site that lists Nurburgring track times. The R32 held its own against some decent competition. I hafta check at home for the site...
Old Mar 7, 2003, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

I just saw a red SRT-4 on the back of a car carrier and I have to say it looked nice...dual exhaust, nice color, plus I know what's under the hood...I'm just not feelin the Neon influence there....but damn those are going to be fast....so F'in light....probably will have ****ty handling though...
Old Mar 7, 2003, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JohnMemorialHS
To be honest, there's really no direct competition against the Evo and the Sti in the states yet, and the only competition I really see from the future is Ford's Cosworth Focus, turbo charged AWD.
The AWD Focus will likely not happen. Sad really.

Erik
Old Mar 7, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Max Rebo

R32 vs. STi and/or Evo? Stock... not really. Modded... hell yeah!

IIRC, there's a German tuner that has already slapped a twin-turbo setup on an otherwise stock R32. The result? ~600hp!! It was posted somewhere on Vortex...

There's also another site that lists Nurburgring track times. The R32 held its own against some decent competition. I hafta check at home for the site...
Old Simon Norris got 771 hp out of the Evo. Except for his mods it was totally stock. But So what. Stock and Mod for Mod still Evo wins here.

Erik
Old Mar 7, 2003, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

JoCCe is up around 700hp at the crank as well with his modded TME. Evo's rule. Keep in mind though that he's got about $150k invested including the cost of the car.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:32 AM

What makes the Evo so incredibly fast? I know the turbocharger set at 19 psi or whatever plays a significant part, but is that it? i know that the OZ rally's aren't very quick factory but i don't see how a turbo by itself could make it that much faster
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by celicancer
What makes the Evo so incredibly fast?
pixie dust.

-K
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

although the turbo isn't all there is to the EVO .. turbo charging DOES make a big difference. esp. if your talking about the O.Z
Old Mar 8, 2003, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by celicancer
What makes the Evo so incredibly fast? I know the turbocharger set at 19 psi or whatever plays a significant part, but is that it? i know that the OZ rally's aren't very quick factory but i don't see how a turbo by itself could make it that much faster
Go fast in a straight is not that difficult for a lot of cars. What makes the EVO special is the ability to be fast at corners. It takes suspension, firm chassis, a good AWD system to achieve that....

Quick Reply: Is the Evo the best?