Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO and the all mighty V8.

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO and the all mighty V8.

I was curious to see how many of you came from powerful V8's. I know there are a lot of RWD 8 cyl's that I like, the 03-04 SVT Cobra, GTO, Charger R/T etc etc. Or how many people went from the EVO or an STi to the RWD 8's. Why do you like them, why don't you?. I was considering one due to the origin... I have always loved muscle cars of the late 60's and early early 70's. I used to think back at the generation that is ours now and those were the cars they drove, it almost seems like a tradition... there were no AWD turbo charged EVO like cars back then, it was plain and simple N/A big block HP... no boost to worry about, no guages to monitor, just simplicity... *****, they may be heavy but meh I dunno what do you guys think? V8 or EVO?
Old May 15, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

98% of the cars i have owned have been awd dsm's. i would choose evo over almost any v8. other than ones such as ferrari, etc.... for obvious reasons. but it all comes down to what one can afford.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Evo..

1. traction is no issue really compared to a high horesepowered V8

2. Gas mileage-no comparison

3. Evo is capable of taking out V8s and i point and laugh at V8 owners after i spank them and theyre in shock...jk but its a great feeling

4. The launch of an evo-such a great feeling better than a V8's

5. 4 doors which evo has and most v8 muscle cars are 2drs

6. not a fan of "big" engines.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you ronitlancer's long lost brother?
Old May 15, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
2. Gas mileage-no comparison
This one's not true...rest are fine with me.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
Same age at least...
Old May 15, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

7. Four cyl engines are cheaper and easier to work on and maintain.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I just fell in love with the new charger, not too crazy about the sedan thing but maybe it's a blessing in disquise... just something about the sound of an aftermarket exhaust and those HEMI's, the Rams always sound nasty I love it... the EVO is not threatened by these cars in all around performance but by all means these cars are not slouches. I just think if there is one car I'd get slightly used next spring over a used V/// it'd be a Charger R/T, I bet the ride is better, def not the handling... it's BIG, not a fan of big cars but what muscle cars are traditionally small, this would be a chance for me to own the muscle car of my own generation, I love both though... very much so the EVO, maybe this is a phase.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

i also disagree with the gas mileage... i average 17-18 mpg in my C6 with lots of "spirited" driving.
Old May 15, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's cool that you can squeez 600whp out of a 2L motor
Old May 15, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha
Old May 15, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

I think muscle cars are awesome. There is nothing like a big rumbling 440 six pack or hemi. I am a Mopar fan and go to the shows all the time. My dad had a '71 cuda convertible with a 383 but sold it before I could drive. Man that would have been an awesome first car. I can't complain. My first car was a '92 TSI Talon that will always keep. I am waiting on shipment of my Evo but I know I will love it because I love my Talon but a muscle car is a muscle car. I am sure an Evo could spank alot of them. That is just like putting a massive engine in a Chevette and saying I can smoke a Mclaren. So what. Yeah, its cool that it is fast but a Mclaren is a Mclaren. See what I mean? I appreciate all cars except trashed riced out Civics. Its the the thrill of the ride and I appreciate companies like Chrysler for bringing out the hemi's! I almost got a 300c instead of an Evo, heh there are nice! Its the sound of a good ole V8.
Old May 15, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

I have a great affinity for all fast cars. If I could one from each class (4, 6, 8) it would be evo, supra, 03+cobra. What a line up that would be!
Old May 15, 2005, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If GTO could handle better than Evo today, I would still not get it. Since it's so small.

Only other car that's out there besides the subaru's that I would get are the E55 AMG or VIPER GTS or the new Z06.

those are only v8's that I would get, if I had the money. So far, overall points winner is still the evo.

Unless I decide to get a used trans am ws6 and twin turbocharge that bad boy and put a LSD and detroit locker on it.

It'll kill almost most evo's out there for sure, for less money than new evo.

Then I'll skinned the interior out, get some racing steering wheel, roll cage, and drag slicks.

Then I'll n20 the hell out it, direct port with alky injector. Then I'll do the engine internal upgrade so I could push 40 psi.

Then I'll go race that AMS Evo. Then I'll blow it up with 500 shot of Nitrous at the drag track, while doing 5 second 1/4 at 200+mph.

Then I'll start all over again.

Last edited by plokivos; May 15, 2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old May 15, 2005, 11:34 PM

speaking of...i havent seen as many threads started from him recently

Quick Reply: EVO and the all mighty V8.