Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ever Since I got Rear Ended...

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever Since I got Rear Ended...

I got rear ended about 2 and a half months ago in my rear bumper area by the exhaust. The accident itself wasn't that bad, just that my bumper was kinda cracked and exhaust was bent, and my back still ache's a little til this day 8- ( I got a brand new exhaust and everything fixed since the accident. Now whenever I try to punch the car now, it doesn't seem as fast as it used to be. When I drive normally and shift gears, the car doesn't shift like before either, the car kinda jerks itself like its trying to get into place and jerks a bit. When I floor it, the car goes good from 1st to 2nd, but when it hits 3rd it seems as if the car doesn't pull as hard. After I got my body fixed and new exhaust put on after my accident, the car was stuttering, I found out that something was wrong with my fuel pump, and got that fixed. The car drove again, but now I needed stronger clamps to hold the upper IC coupling in place so it wont blow off. I also got that taken care of and put 2 t bolt clamps on it. Could I still be leaking air somewhere else now, maybe near the turbo inlet housing or exhaust leak? I haven't had much time to look at it yet, hopefully I get it fixed. Or maybe nothing is wrong with the car, just that it feels diff since I got a new exhaust, dyno flash, fuel pump, etc etc, after my accident. I wonder could if also be my clutch? I dont know how a bad clutch feels, but it doesn't slip or rev by itself, as what I hear about bad clutches.
Old May 9, 2005, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

could ur frame be bent causeing ur driveline to have a kink? When u said u got a new exaust, did that mean just a cat back? The rear truck crumples like tin foil, maybe something was bend thats no so easy to see.

From past experiences, i've learned that a car is never the same after an accident. It always feels different.
Old May 9, 2005, 01:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old May 9, 2005, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

check the rear diff.. you may have jarred it.. and need a new one.. take it to a dealer if you dont have any warrenty voiding mods.. or just take it there and let them tell you whats wrong then you decide what to do and where
Old May 9, 2005, 03:34 AM
Former Vendor

im willing to bet your imaging things.. just like the sgueek only i can hear.. if you only craked the bumper you didnt do any frame damage..
Old May 9, 2005, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

BODY FRAME shouldn't cost the car to jerk at low speed since he said he was driving normal i assume under 45 mph?
i would assume it would be just you "think" the car is not going right cuz its been hit, thats how i felt with my vr4 when someone t bone me.
if you really think the car is not acting right then take it to a body shop have them check everthign and frame damage like the other guy said
Old May 9, 2005, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

If you had to replace the exhuast there could be more busted in the exhuast flow. From say the turbo back. If the you had to replace the cat back then theres more that was messed up have the dealer go thru the entire exhuast system to check for proper flow.
Old May 9, 2005, 04:30 AM
Former Vendor

all he has to do is jack the car up and look at the exhaust... youll clearly notice damage... if something else was cracked he'd here the exhaust leak..
Old May 9, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I've jacked up the car a few times already, checked the exhaust from downpipe and back, and also checked the fuel pump again to see if the guy reinstalled the new one correctly. All my friend's think the car is normal, just that I am imagining things, I donno 8- ( Anyway, the car idles a little worse now too, I might try to run the bov recirculating and install the aftermarket turbo inlet pipe which I never did yet when I changed my ic piping a long time ago. As for the frame, they checked everything and did a realignment at the body shop when they were repainting the back and putting the new bumper on and etc. They said nothing was wrong with the frame or quarter panels, but they went ahead and changed like one of the panels anyway I think. So I'm not sure if the body is causing the car to go slow. I might have to drive somebody else's evo to get the feel back, and see if my car is in fact pulling hard or not. That might be my best choice to see if my car is actually running fine or not heh.
Old May 9, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

let us know
Old May 9, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

hmm, guys, I think it could be something with the drive train. Maybe the clutch, whenever I punch it, the clutch doesn't engage quick as before, it kinda slips a little and then it engages, and then I smell the nasty clutch smell for a little and it goes away. Hopefully it is not the clutch 8- (, I know that the evo clutches are ****ty from stock, but I don't have much money to replace it now if it is in fact the clutch. Or maybe, my shifting skills have rusted a bit since I didnt have my car to drive like in 2 months heh. But yea, whenever I punch it now, the clutch doesn't seem to pop back up as quick as before 8- (!!!!!
Old May 9, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

slippie + stinky = clutchie
Old May 9, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

I feel the same way about my car, dont feel it has what it used to. Do yourself a favor, get the car on a dyno for a peace of mind, thats what im doing this saterday.
Old May 9, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
im willing to bet your imaging things.. just like the sgueek only i can hear.. if you only craked the bumper you didnt do any frame damage..
Yeah, and the TC whining noises I've placed into my head (I realized they were in my head when driving my dad's s2000 I heard the same exact noises only slightly quieter [as the car is **** loud] and decided that would be extremly weird so the noise must be in my head) that no one else hears
Old May 9, 2005, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

yea I would have already taken it to a dyno if we had an awd dyno close to my area, instead of driving 3 hours 8- (

Quick Reply: Ever Since I got Rear Ended...