Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The truth about importation - EI and Evo VII's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOT A HOT TOPIC JUST REPEATED.
will be will be will be ...same thing 20 posts back ... just WAIT. some one send this thread to afganistan PLEASE...

yes i know some impatient nukkle heads shelled out 40k for thier car.. but guess what, if they "smart" enough to do that .. then i can't say i'm gonna fel sorry for them if they get $40.00 back after the DOT aution it.
honestly i'm just really pissed at EI.. because to me and maybe i'm freaking retard as F . but what right does Ei have to be slinging illegal evo's like that...

it's like me saying... hmmmmmmmm let my pettition for getting crack legalized and in the mean time let me tell every one that it's legal! bad comparision i know. but someone started the ridiculous comparision of imporing cars to drugs earlier so i though i'd bring this to a level yous can understand...
capisce?

Last edited by M3 STYLELAB; Mar 12, 2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks alot... now ill watch out... the US customs really sucks though not letting us have all those cool car
Old Mar 12, 2003, 08:15 PM

If I got an Evo VII, where would I service it? Assuming I won't be able to fix every problem I run into down the road. Would a Mitsu Dealership be able to work on it? Are many of the parts similar when compared to the VIII? I'm talking J-Spec VII to US-Spec VIII. I wouldn't want to have to order all of my parts from Japan to fix it. Let me know what you know.... thanks guys.

P.S. This is assuming they become fully approved of course, I have been paying attention to this thread, and understand that its a bad idea to get one now.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 08:31 PM

Well, EI does offer full warranties on the vii's, and even if you couldnt find someone to fix your problem (evo's being known for being bulletproof up to 550 hp), you could always replace a part instead of fixing it- which sounds a lot better to me.

about finding someone to fix a problem, I know that SP engineering has made a "whole new car" by dropping a twin turbo 6 of a supra into an RX-7!! If they can do that (an unbelievable chore), they can handle any kind of trick diff by . just my two cents
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:24 PM

I am working on the project. It will get done.

The time frame - I am not 100% on. Its up to the DOT and EPA....

We work on their schedule. Not much we can do about it... if you push it - it will take longer.
Old Mar 12, 2003, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

tyndago check your PM's
Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:08 AM

I never check PM.... send me an email.... tyndago@ix.netcom.com

I also have some issues with this forum... I can browse it with Netscape.... IE works OK - about 50% of the time.....

I cant post with Netscape.... this forum - UK GTR and Nissan Forums. Some other forums.... Netscape works fine...
Old Mar 13, 2003, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

M3 StyleLab
I think you misunderstood the reason I called it a hot topic. I called it a hot topic because people are currently looking at throwing down $35K for a JDM Evo. This topic is of interest to those people. They want to know the status of the legalization process before they make the purchase. I was in no way makeing reference to those who have already purchased an Evo.

In relation to your example. If I really wanted to buy crack and you told me that you were working on making it legal, then your progress in its legalization process would be a hot topic to me, since I would want to buy your crack as soon as it was legal, and not before...