Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi really ought to advertise the Evo.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi really ought to advertise the Evo.

Contrary to some opinions in previous posts, I do believe that Mitsubishi is making a mistake by not capitalizing more on the incredible car that is the Evo. They had a catchy commercial for the Eclipse that made Dirty Vegas famous. They should hire a clever and innovative marketing/advertising consultant to shamelessly exploit the raw appeal of the Evo. Cutting edge music coupled with awesome video would, I think, bring the Evo within the mainstream of the car culture. I'm sure that there are lots of people out there who would own one if they knew more about it. I know that some of you are proprietary about your car, and you want it to be as little known as possible, but I think it would boost Mitsubishi's reputation as a cutting edge car company if they would publicize their most awesome creation a little more. And I don't think that it needs to remain on the periphery of the auto world in order to retain its mystique. I mean, how many of you are frustrated because people think your car is a riced-out lancer, and have no idea what they're looking at?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

i would make a commercial for them

but back when it first came out i do remember a lot of advertisment for the evo in magazines... it was cool
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

I like tha fact that its not advertised. It makes it more of a rare car this way. I like how people are always asking, " What kind of car is that".
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

If you're frustrated because people think it's a riced out lancer, you'll only be more pissed when everyone and their Grandma is driving one with window dice and 100 spokes.

If they didn't know what the EVO was before they saw the commercial, they may not be ready to handle it.

A lot of people already knew what it was, and it still wasn't for them. I can only imagine what would happen if it was blatantly advertised. Most companies don't advertise their "flagship" car. Take for example, the STi, NSX, Cobra, etc etc.

It's not that I'm against more sales, and having more EVOs out there on the road. It's that I'm against EVOs in the wrong hands. Most people interested in the EVO are car enthusiasts, and know what it is. If they want to know more, it's all in front of them because they're the people that are already reading Car and Driver, Road and Track, and all the other magazines that the EVO makes the cover for.

Last edited by SilverEvo8owner; Apr 25, 2005 at 03:44 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah and then they would turn into mustangs :\

But I see where you're coming from.. at the very least it would educate some people that think we drive ricers :\
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

rareness is the BEST!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

there are ads for the STI, but i agree with not doing it for the evo.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

i think that the car is very dangerous in the wrong hands. (like mine)
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
If you're frustrated because people think it's a riced out lancer, you'll only be more pissed when everyone and their Grandma is driving one with window dice and 100 spokes.

If they didn't know what the EVO was before they saw the commercial, they may not be ready to handle it.

A lot of people already knew what it was, and it still wasn't for them. I can only imagine what would happen if it was blatantly advertised. Most companies don't advertise their "flagship" car. Take for example, the STi, NSX, Cobra, etc etc.

It's not that I'm against more sales, and having more EVOs out there on the road. It's that I'm against EVOs in the wrong hands. Most people interested in the EVO are car enthusiasts, and know what it is. If they want to know more, it's all in front of them because they're the people that are already reading Car and Driver, Road and Track, and all the other magazines that the EVO makes the cover for.
You make a good point. If anything, it would be cool if more people who saw an Evo would say, "Hey Marge, there's one of those Evo things that we saw on the TV last night. They're fast as f***!"
Old Apr 25, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

MMNA did hire a new advertising company to puff up its strong models like the upcomming ralliart gallant and montero and the Evo....
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

I like my cars like I like my steaks, rare with a little bit of rice on the side (j/k)
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

^lmao...thats a good one
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I allready did, last year.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...ZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

old but i still like it...BTw, they dont need any commercial - I bet %90 of people who buy evos they know something about this car. People that say its RICE? they dont even know what rice stands for.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=SilverEvo8owner]If you're frustrated because people think it's a riced out lancer, you'll only be more pissed when everyone and their Grandma is driving one with window dice and 100 spokes.
hey leave the dice out of this..
Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi really ought to advertise the Evo.-dscf0355small.jpg  
Old Apr 25, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
hey leave the dice out of this..
Haha only if you promise to leave the golden 100 spoke rims at home.