Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Finally got mine!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got mine!

I drove down to Illinois yesterday to an "oasis" on the side (or above rather) the toll road leading out of Chicago (think it was I-90 or 94 or something...I forget). It was about 40 minutes west of Chicago, and we left from Lansing, MI. The drive down was pretty ****ty. My friend Ryan was super nice and came down with me to pick it up.

The trip lasted about 5 hours on the way down. It rained almost the whole way. We got to the oasis about 45 minutes before Ryan (raced_EvoVIII), the person from whom I bought the car, got there...mainly because I had completely forgotten about the time difference so we were about an hour apart on schedules. When I finally saw those bluish purple lights pulling off into the lot my heart started racing. It was so beautiful

Everything went well - the car was exactly how Ryan had described it. The car was in great shape, and you could tell it had been taken care of like a newborn baby. So, after lunch and finishing the deal, we both left, and started back home.

The car amazed me from the moment I opened the door. The interior was nice and clean...shiny, and well-kept. The seats looked new, the dash looked new, the rear seats still had plastic down on the carpet, the airbag sticker still was attached. Everything looked like it had just been driven off the lot.

The exterior was great too...a few minor rock chips in the paint, some curb damage on one of the rims, and a slight rock chip in the windshield didn't even phase me. The rest of the car was gorgeous and maticulously cared for. I didn't see one scratch, or one dent. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, and still can't. It just looks mean...that's the best way I can describe it.

The sound of the full 3" turbo back exhaust was exhilerating. It had a menacing growl that hit you hard in the chest when standing behind the car, and roared when you pushed the throttle. I was suprised how calm it sounded on the inside...sounds much more subdued than you would expect from hearing it on the outside. It's nice to have both a loud and a quiet exhaust at the same time

Driving away in my new car, the rain still poured and the wind still gusted, but I couldn't take the smile off of my face. Everything seemed perfect. The exhaust sounded perfect, the seats felt perfect, the car gripped and handled like a dream, and certainly better than 99% of the other 4-door sedans out there. The car burst out when the boost hit and took my breath away shifting into 2nd...3rd...the car pulled unlike anything else I'd ever owned, and quite suprisingly so considering how few mods it really had. Ryan definitely did a great job picking the right mods to make this car a beast. The Turbo XS BOV sounded amazing. It had a fluttering sound at lower boost, and a true Blitz style sound at high boost. It's a great sound

The trip back was pretty good, too. It kind of sucked around Chicago again, and it took us 2 and a half hours to just get through the traffic to the other side of that city. Stop and go traffic made my left foot really tired, but still...I couldn't stop smiling..even in the pouring rain and slow moving traffic I felt like a king.

Finally we got back...13 hours of driving, and every one worth it. I can't wait to start modding this car to make it even better. The cams are already on the way, and the date is set to have them installed. I wanted to go with a milder setup until I decided to get an upgraded turbo, at which point I'll probably upgrade to the HKS 280s, or whatever is best at the time. I've ordered an APR splitter that should be here soon, along with Defi amber BF boost and EGT gauges, to go in the A-pillar pod I just got in the mail. I'm going to be sending my headlights out to EvoDave (as soon as I get my tools back home) and have them painted black. I'm going to also be running the stock sized Falken Ziex 512s this summer and possibly in the winter, too. Anyway, I have some serious plans for this car, and the thought that it'll only get better from here is amazing to me since it already feels like it's perfect.

Anyway, I guess it's a long story for something like this, but I really am happy to finally be an Evo owner.

Special thanks to:
Ryan, my friend who took the day off to drive all over the midwest in ****ty weather and ****ty traffic, only so that I could get the car of my dreams. you truly are a good friend, Ryan!

Ryan, raced_EvoVIII, the previous owner of the car. He not only had sold me the best car I've owned and will own for a long time, but he also worked with me the whole way through the process, and also drove 5 hrs to meet me. Thank you for making such a great car, for caring for it so well, for holding out for me until I could get everything in order, and for giving me the opportunity to own such an amazing machine.

Justin, my friend who got me all psyched up about the Evo. I knew I wanted something different a while ago, but riding in his car and talking to him really solidified it in my head. Thanks bud

Everyone on here who has helped me with my n00bish questions (Corey and EvoDave, to name two). Your information has been very helpful along the way!

and lastly, my Mom...for not killing me when I told her. Thanks mom

Pics as soon as the weather clears up and I get a good day to take them!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 01:23 PM

Wow man congrats! I can't wait for the day i get my Evo. Sounds like you had a good time, enjoy that beast
Old Apr 23, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What a great story! Congratulations man and welcome!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 01:44 PM

lol sounds like a Grammy speech or something at the end, but congrats!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 01:47 PM
Account Disabled

congrats on the new car and welcome

Old Apr 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats, i pick mine up in one week!!! cant wait to get the feelin you got! haha
Old Apr 23, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

good story and congrats on the new evo!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to read the book....congrats!!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

nice story
Old Apr 23, 2005, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Wow. The hair on the back of my neck stood up while reading that. That was an awesome story.

Yay for Ryan! Congratulations AutoEuphoria! I envy you. :]
Old Apr 23, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

congrats
Old Apr 23, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

I am so jealous......You have an evo and I don't...But I graduate on may 13th and then I will get one w/ my new job!!!!

So congrats man!!!!!
Old Apr 23, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

nice story and congrats. how many miles on the car?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Kinda reminds me of my own story. A buddy of mine and I flew from Kansas to Mississippi, Buloxi to be exact(right on the gulf coast) and picked it up. Two day drive all the way back. Totally worth it though. Scenery was amazing, I was able to get a "feel" for the car, and I was able to get out of Kansas for a few days. Funny thing about your story and mine though is that as soon as I picked the car up it started to pour for the next 10 hours. It was still a blast though. I know how you feel and congratulations.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on finally getting the car. Just don't make it look like mine.