Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HIT and RUN, possible suspension damage?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIT and RUN, possible suspension damage?

So, I ran into a little incident with my Evo and another driver. I was on a freeway onramp the other night and this other car is tailgating me like there's no tomorrow. The onramp is a long, sweeping curve and it was drizzling a little bit, so the road was slightly wet. So I slow down a bit during the turn and the car behind me rear ends me, just slightly. Not a serious bump, in fact it left no visible damage to the rear bumper, but it was enough to send my car sliding into the curb. At which point, the other car decides not to take any responsibility for causing this accident and just leaves the scene. And to make things absolutely clear, I was not street racing, what the other driver's intentions were I have no idea.

Anyway, the main point of this topic is after the collision with the curb is it possible that I sustained any damage to the suspension. From the looks of it my driver side rims are bent and very scratched. Also, when I brake there's a real notchy feeling and a whining sound coming from somewhere. On top of that it seems that the rear wheel is now sitting with some positive camber. These are the only damages that I can see or feel as of right now. Is there anything else that I should be worried about? Thanks in advance.

Eric
Old Apr 22, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that. get the alignment checked. they can work out the kinks on bent stuff, i've definitely hit my share of curbs. the wheels can be corrected if bent, you have to send them somewhere though. if the tires haven't lost pressure that's a good sign, but they may in the winter.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 06:20 PM

call your insurance co'get it fixed right,replace all the link's bar's and bearing's!!!
take it from a body man.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it the front and rear?

i know tie rod assembly's and control arms bend very easly and when bent even like 3mm or less it will make a difference and u will feel it.. in my old car i had it "fixed" not a new part and no matter what they did it never felt good again i would suggest an alignment shop or somewhere like that and they can 90% of the time tell u what is bent due to the way that the toe or camber alignment is off

good luck

evoisdream
Old Apr 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

in a high speed tab i doubt there will be any damge to your car during imapct since both cars are going fast but if you hit something after you slide then .....