Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Remote start for evo viii

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i leave the car in neutral....always
Old Nov 19, 2013, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have auto page remote start. but since i've started driving i've always leave it in neutral and engage the parking brake. super risky. My son runs circles in my car locks the steering wheel, turns on all the lights, messes with the HVAC controls AND will leave the car in gear. twice my car started remotely, and its jumped because my son was messing around in my car. he is 3 years old. luckily it was an empty parking lot and an open field. Also what i dont like about mine is its simply a push, rather than hold and push to start my car. now i always check to see if its in neutral. even in the morning i'll run to my car make sure its in neutral, and run back in. I'd want to get rid of it, but i like the abilitly to lock my car and unlock my car remotely.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 09:38 AM

I have a Viper alarm/remote start system installed on my manual car. It is not impossible, but there are a lot of fail safes that have to be put in place. This is both expensive as far as the install (over 4 hours labour) and mildly bothersome to operate (but worth it for safety). On my car when you park you must put in neutral, release clutch, press brake, pull hand brake, release brake, then engage the "turbo timer" so the ignition stays on once you leave the car. Then you can lock the car and the car turns off. Now the next morning (or whenever) you can press the remote start and it will turn on because it knows that it is safe to do so because it was left running unattended before. Also, there is a pin under the hood the prevents remote starting while the hood is open.