Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

p0243 DTC, but bcs is fine...?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
p0243 DTC, but bcs is fine...?

Hey guys. I randomly got a p0243 DTC on monday that I can clear, and it will go away for a while but randomly comes back. And my car hasn't been able to boost past wastegate pressure since monday. No changes were made at all. I checked the GM BCS according to this video:
It was fine. I checked the voltage across the wastegate at idle (evoscan said 100% WGDC) and it was about 1.2V.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I spliced the connector in with a 8.2ohm resistor myself (I'm not new to soldering).

Also not sure if its related but today my car redeveloped the electrical gremlins problem. Which was incredible because I already cleaned out all the connectors in January in that junction box and used crap loads of dielectric grease, AND siliconed the outer grommet in the left fender. The water actually pushed the grease out! I'll refix that but I don't think the wastegate circuit runs through that junction box. Although it did rain before that DTC for the wastegate solenoid came on.

Anything useful would be very appreciated!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Don't answer all at once now!

Problem solved. The resistor I was using burnt up. It even melted the heat shrink:

I don't know if it was the heat or the amps that killed it. But I relocated my BCS and joined the ranks of many evom'ers that run a GM BCS without a resistor. I thought the boost tables would be unaffected because frequency modulation (I thought) but its actually very affected and I'm overboosting. So a remap of the boost tables is in order.