Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

INSTALLED: EBAY Civic Half Size Radiator!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ broken image links
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

I just bought one and its showing the inlet outlet to be 1.25" for the civic. The evo is 1.5" right. How does that work out. Also what holds the bottom of the radiator in?

Last edited by daisaw1219; Nov 4, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Macaroni
Interesting. I have been logging raw coolant temp and tonight doing some tuning pulls logged up to 222.8. However I have a small coolant leak on the back of the head and will be fixing that tomorrow and then reburping the system and do some more logs.

Could you explain why your logging scaled instead of raw?
Coolant temp scaled is the correct formula for 98+ vehicles, pre 98 use the other formula
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NARossi
Coolant temp scaled is the correct formula for 98+ vehicles, pre 98 use the other formula
Got ya. Well in that case temps haven't gotten above 190 with back to back to back to back 3-4 gear pulls on the logs.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

the stock evo lower hose seems kinda loose on the radiator. also the straight hose seem to tight to fit over the water pump? what do?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by daisaw1219
the stock evo lower hose seems kinda loose on the radiator. also the straight hose seem to tight to fit over the water pump? what do?
I know what you mean about the lower hose, but does it leak is the question. Mine didn't. I used a hose that is the right size for the T-Stat housing. I'm assuming you meant T-Stat housing. The water pump is by the t-belt.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 10isace
I know what you mean about the lower hose, but does it leak is the question. Mine didn't. I used a hose that is the right size for the T-Stat housing. I'm assuming you meant T-Stat housing. The water pump is by the t-belt.
yea i meant the thermo housing. I bought the hose that was recommended part from gates. It was on page 4. With all the rubbing on the lower mount, I am worried it might leak.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mine rubs a bit but there is not much movement there. Mine doesn't leak..no issues here.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

If you look at this pic, it is of an eclipse. The lower hose looks like it might be the most suitable option. If you close closely, it looks like it takes a 90* angle which would work a bit better for this setup. If it would still rub the lower trans mount, I am not sure

Name:  eclipsehose.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  64.3 KB
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent work. Just a remark though. I was thinking of installing a half radiator from Buschur Racing as well, just to keep my engine bay as neat and empty as possible. I was advised by them NOT to install the radiator if I was planning to daily drive the car. Now I understand that the weather difference between the USA and Qatar is not even worth mentioning due to the massive difference; however, I've been told that our weather is very similar to the weather in Texas.
I have no idea if their advice is based on certain weather conditions or what exactly, but I decided to stick with their advice because of their professional history.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by STLEVOIX
If you look at this pic, it is of an eclipse. The lower hose looks like it might be the most suitable option. If you close closely, it looks like it takes a 90* angle which would work a bit better for this setup. If it would still rub the lower trans mount, I am not sure

Its actually even a bit longer, I cut both the oem hoses to fit better. You guys shouldn't have a problem with the 3g hoses, but as stated above, they're a bit bigger than the radiator inlet/outlets. I just clamped the **** out of them
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Faisalm
Excellent work. Just a remark though. I was thinking of installing a half radiator from Buschur Racing as well, just to keep my engine bay as neat and empty as possible. I was advised by them NOT to install the radiator if I was planning to daily drive the car. Now I understand that the weather difference between the USA and Qatar is not even worth mentioning due to the massive difference; however, I've been told that our weather is very similar to the weather in Texas.
I have no idea if their advice is based on certain weather conditions or what exactly, but I decided to stick with their advice because of their professional history.
They may be trying to save face in case something did happen, maybe because they don't know how it will perform under intense heat.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NARossi
Its actually even a bit longer, I cut both the oem hoses to fit better. You guys shouldn't have a problem with the 3g hoses, but as stated above, they're a bit bigger than the radiator inlet/outlets. I just clamped the **** out of them
Got a pic of your lower hose setup? I myself just used stock evo lower hose and just clamped the crap out of it as well. Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:12 PM

I'm not sure if the g4js and the 4g63 head have the same exact thermostat housings, but I can say for sure that you have enough hose to reach either.

Name:  2012-11-21150925.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  93.9 KB

There's still more slack I could cut out if need be.

Quick Reply: INSTALLED: EBAY Civic Half Size Radiator!