Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Nicks LR 2.4 FP Black Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, i havent done much of anything for the looks of the car. I may down the road, but for now,
"I just wunna go fast!"
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol i was mixxing it up some engine some exterior until i was ready to do this and now all focused on engine only but car is still gangster looking the way i have it now just really time for some 18" rims for now. i dont know im kind of just tapped out with spending money on the car but i know as soon as i stop ill probaly change modes and be off modding the car for along while. so hints why im trying to stay in interest. i think im just going to go get the rota gforce or dpts and call it either in gold or gunmetal. i really want to get my varis side splitters driveline offered me a deal on them thats hard to refuse.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ya i like the rotas. Like i said in your thread, gunmetal is my choice!

I hate when vendors make you deals you cant refuse! haha

But im def gunna be around town when i get my car. Its gunna look basically all stock, except for a few minor noticeable boltons.... and boy is it gunna surprise the sh*t out of people! haha.

Last edited by NickieBlaine; Jun 20, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
clipping wings huh lol. how goes new information on your car?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

i sent a pm friday, but havent gotten anything yet. It was late though, and now its the weekend.... So i probably wont hear anything until monday.

But im getting pretty excited. You know how it is.... except its been almost a year.

Im pretty sure ill have a hard on the whole time im driving my car! hahaha.

It seems like things have just been going against me, but it looks like things are finally turning for the better, and turning out right. Its nice to get a break every once in a while.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Ya i like the rotas. Like i said in your thread, gunmetal is my choice!

I hate when vendors make you deals you cant refuse! haha

But im def gunna be clipping some wings around town when i get my car. Its gunna look basically all stock, except for a few minor noticeable boltons.... and boy is it gunna surprise the sh*t out of people! haha.

You gonna clip my wings!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fathouse
You gonna clip my wings!

Maybe for the first second or two.....

Your car isnt really most cars though... lol
Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Holy crap Nickie. I have read this entire thread. Man I hate to hear that you have had this much bad luck with this car. Atleast it was just with the car and not the joblessness I have been in since before I sold this car.

Hopefully it will work out for you soon.

Last edited by newbieEVO8; Jun 29, 2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot! I did have quite a spell of bad luck, and had some encounters with horrible vendors, but things are moving in the right direction now.

Its looking like it all happened for the best. Should turn out really well.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.mkcperformance.com/mkc-me...ine-tear-down/

There ya go rock. No pics of new stuff yet, but at least its a start! haha

Last edited by NickieBlaine; Jul 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MKC is a great bunch of guys I know Chad Ryan and Scott. They did the previous work on my car and the only reason I decided to not go with them on my current build is because I wanted to do like I am now with a 2.3 and FP Red or even a Black.

But Ryan kept trying to get me to build a 2 liter with a PTE 6262, just felt like he wanted to build my car the way he wanted to not me.

Other then that though they are great guys and I recommend anyone in the area to go to them.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969
MKC is a great bunch of guys I know Chad Ryan and Scott. They did the previous work on my car and the only reason I decided to not go with them on my current build is because I wanted to do like I am now with a 2.3 and FP Red or even a Black.

But Ryan kept trying to get me to build a 2 liter with a PTE 6262, just felt like he wanted to build my car the way he wanted to not me.

Other then that though they are great guys and I recommend anyone in the area to go to them.
Yes they are great to work with. Even though i have changed a few things, and keep adding parts I havent had any problems with them. Everyone i know of thats local to them really likes the work they do.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NickieBlaine
Yes they are great to work with. Even though i have changed a few things, and keep adding parts I havent had any problems with them. Everyone i know of thats local to them really likes the work they do.
Yeah, I was stationed out at Leavenworth before and now in Riley which is a little further. But they are real chill, I used to hang out in the shop for hours back when I lived in Leavenworth.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wreckless969

Thanks for the kind words man, you will have a beast on your hands once you get that 2.3 back from BR.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

I thought I add all the content over here as well for Nick's build up.

This is the initial tear down and diagnosis of Nick's motor after we pulled it from the car. By the looks of the cam gear position with the Fidanza cam gears it's a wonder how this motor ran at all.

ER should be done with the motor very soon from talking with Nick yesterday, just waiting on the next batch of Rods/Pistons to show up to Aaron.

If you would like to check out the all the pictures on this build please click here

Quick Reply: Nicks LR 2.4 FP Black Build