Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Magnus Engine Build

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnus Engine Build

I'm looking into building a 2.1L 4G64 motor and found that Magnus makes everything needed to build one. The Crank (which they have a race crank that is sweet!!!), Alum. Rods, and any compression that I want to run.

Anyone out there running a Magnus build???? More specifically, the Magnus Race Rotating Assembly??? Any problems??? They did build the woulds highest HP 4G63!!! Over 1400 WHP!!!

Last edited by dambikeracer; Feb 10, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dambikeracer
I'm looking into building a 2.1L 4G64 motor and found that Magnus makes everything needed to build one. The Crank (which they have a race crank that is sweet!!!), Alum. Rods, and any compression that I want to run.

Anyone out there running a Magnus build???? More specifically, the Magnus Race Rotating Assembly??? Any problems??? They did build the woulds highest HP 4G63!!! Over 1400 WHP!!!
Magnus builds great engines.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by dambikeracer

There one of the best around....Defiantly the best in Canada. There products are top notch, if i was closer to them i would have them build my engine...
Old Feb 11, 2010, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Magnus builds great engines.
What type of engines did you buy from them? Can you give more detail?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't bought any engine components from them. But my next engine will definately come from them.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by crcain
What type of engines did you buy from them? Can you give more detail?
We do not buy engines from them however Marco Passante is one of the most knowledgable engine builders around for the 4g63 as evidenced by his track record with Brent Rau as well as have seen some of his engines in action at the local dragstrip.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We do not buy engines from them however Marco Passante is one of the most knowledgable engine builders around for the 4g63 as evidenced by his track record with Brent Rau as well as have seen some of his engines in action at the local dragstrip.
So you say someone builds great engines but you've never had one? Mmmm OK. You might want to re-think that.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by crcain
So you say someone builds great engines but you've never had one? Mmmm OK. You might want to re-think that.
IllegalEvo here in Orlando who made about 800whp on Buschur's dyno was using a Magnus Motor. Brent Rau runs about 86psi of boost at 11,000rpms and 53psi on the 2 step using a Magnus engine. Why would I have to run one in my own car to share that he builds great engines?

Our TTP built engines share some of the same components, after all.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

Any company that builds a turbocharged 4 cylinder 4G63 and can go 6.94 @ 198.47 builds amazing engines and can tune.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Did some of you just get into the 4G or Mitsu world yesterday?!?

Marco is one of if not THE most knowledgeable person in this industry on the 4G engines PERIOD. This is very well known and has been for YEARS!!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone who has commented in this thread actually had an engine from Magnus? If not, I don't think your comments are very valuable to the OP.

And just because someone can build an engine that makes a strong 1/4 mile pass does not make someone a good engine builder to recommend. First of all, it says nothing about how "straight up and honest" the builder is... which is probably the most important quality of an engine builder. Also, the tolerances, materials used, etc will be way different for Rau than your average evo owner.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Im sorry if you are doubting or trying to hate on Marco im going to have to As this is hilarious!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Im sorry if you are doubting or trying to hate on Marco im going to have to As this is hilarious!
I run a Magnus 2.4 long rod crate motor for 3 years now. I think you might want to continue , but at yourself instead. Fanboy of a shop you've never used.... good stuff buddy. What a laugh.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Colt4g63
Did some of you just get into the 4G or Mitsu world yesterday?!?

Marco is one of if not THE most knowledgeable person in this industry on the 4G engines PERIOD. This is very well known and has been for YEARS!!
^^
What this guy said - Marco has been around since the beginning days of DSM's just like Buschur, and many others, but if any two names should stick out it's those guys. The quality they have produced over the years has proven their names. Call them up and have a conversation with him, I doubt he is going to give you anything but facts - no sales pitch.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone out there running the Magnus Race Rotating Assembly???

Quick Reply: Magnus Engine Build