Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by giangi
Really interesting results, can't wait to see the graph for looking at spool differences, but these numbers with only 30/32 psi are great.....
Remember these numbers are from a drag honda car. I think their heads flow better than evo's?

Hey geoff did you try the 83 with the 75mm blade (the one with good aero) from the 88/75?

How soon will BW offer more housings for the s300p?
Old May 4, 2010, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giangi
Really interesting results, can't wait to see the graph for looking at spool differences, but these numbers with only 30/32 psi are great.....
didnt make it over there yet today, too much going on for me. the spool differences were considerable, the 1.10 a/r 67mm spooled really well, about 500rpm faster than the 1.25 a/r 67mm if i recall correctly, will try really hard to get over there before the day is out
Originally Posted by [I.R.A.]_FBi
what engine and c/r in that honda
1.9L LS/VTEC motor, skunk2 pro1 cams, full race twinscroll kit, 4" downpipe (vented out the hood)

Originally Posted by omniprobe
Remember these numbers are from a drag honda car. I think their heads flow better than evo's? Hey geoff did you try the 83 with the 75mm blade (the one with good aero) from the 88/75? How soon will BW offer more housings for the s300p?
i did not have an opportunity to test the 83mm compressor with the high flow 75mm turbine. i am honestly so happy with this s300P i just dont feel like changing anything, i finally found the turbo that does what i wanted all along. Once i start turning the boost up i may change my mind, but right now ive got some other more pertinent projects im working on and do not have time for my car
Old May 4, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Impressive results from the S400SX 67mm. Definitely the turbo to use for a 67mm class.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:28 PM
Account Disabled

here are the S400SX 67mm plots from the drag honda w/ stock port head. (note the dyno runs were performed within 40 minutes - cant get anymore back to back than that)

here are the boost plots which really tell a good story:

^^^ looking at this, it is apparent the 1.10 a/r is absolutely the housing to run. on a larger displacement twinscroll app ie: 2.3L evo it should produce an insane powerband. The 71mm obviously will make more power, but spool later
Old May 4, 2010, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Just received our 71mm. very happy with the turbo by looks and R&D. aero on this sucker is insane. Cant wait to see how it performs
Old May 5, 2010, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Just received our 71mm. very happy with the turbo by looks and R&D. aero on this sucker is insane. Cant wait to see how it performs
I might of missed it but what's the rest of the car's setup?
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The 1.1AR housing works really well with the 83mm turbine wheel and even with a 76mm comp wheel doesn't hit 1:1 backpressure until over 40psi on my car.

Kevin
Old Jun 6, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Geoff, I went down to Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa and checked out the shop. Aaron/Erin gave me a tour of the place.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
For us DSM'ers, I wonder what is the smallest BW turbo that can make 500whp on 91-octane @ 30PSI. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
probably would suggest the S200SX 75/70 in 1.15 a/r or the S300P in 0.80 a/r. of course this is assuming you have a divided manifold. Im not sure if you saw this link above, some good 75-70 feedback from an evo: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=313924
When Geoff told me about the 75/70 about a year and a half ago, we both thought it was a little funky that Airwerks was only offering it in the small (approx 6" OD) non-recirculated compressor cover. The compressor map for this non-recirc turbo shows the surge line quite far to the right, not ideal for taking advantage of the early spool offered by the hot side.

Well, last week I checked in with Kurt Henderson at BW for an update. He told me that the recirculated cover for this turbo is now available. The recirc cover is larger (~7" OD) (about E size). No picture though. There are part numbers for the complete turbos with the recirc covers (but not in the catalog).

Kurt says the compressor map shown on page 16 of the 2010 catalog is for this 56mm turbo with the recirc cover. The non-recirc map is not shown in the catalog but I have a copy of it, from Geoff, reconfirmed by Kurt.

Surge line on the non-recirc crosses PR 3.0 at about 34 lbs per minute. Surge line on the recirc crosses PR 3.0 at about 25 lbs per minute. That should be much better for keeping your spool monster on the right side of the surge line and working efficiently when you go WOT in the lower part of your rev band. And that, to me, is one of the reasons why you would buy a smaller turbo like this in the first place.

Also, 7" is still a reasonably small cover, compared to the covers on the bigger turbos. This is handy when you are looking for someplace to put your cooling fans or whatever you might have that wants to occupy the same space.

Gary

Last edited by Talonboost; Jun 7, 2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

good news!! We FINALLY have the 67mm S400SX 1.10 a/r in stock for anyone looking to make absurd power with an efficient 88-89lb/min flow rating. This turbo is a drop in replacement for a s400sx3, aka s372r, the same phsyical size as a 42R but with the advanced BW aero. The turbine wheels/housings are the same as well. Definitely a hot turbo for the drag crowd that still wants responsiveness on a twinscroll 42R / S400SX footprint and needs 800+whp

Originally Posted by Talonboost
When Geoff told me about the 75/70 about a year and a half ago, we both thought it was a little funky that Airwerks was only offering it in the small (approx 6" OD) non-recirculated compressor cover... the recirculated cover for this turbo is now available. The recirc cover is larger (~7" OD)
^^^what you posted above is the best thing about BW. They *listen* to their customers, and take the initiative to develop and ship innovative and reliable turbochargers with outstanding value. As you mentioned there are 2 new notable turbos coming out worth mentioning, ill mention them next. Also, we have a new site going up shortly and there will be a massive BW update going along with it

S200P --This is basically an S200SX on steroids. It uses a vband ported shroud compressor housing, 4" inlet, OD is identical to the S300P i ran a few months back. the vband compressor housing is a huge feature, and they way they machine precise countersunk steps, its impossible to leak.

^^i would consider this turbo to be a potential twinscroll 30R killer

S300SX 84/75 -- This uses the ultra high flow turbine wheel from the 88-75, with a 72lb/min compressor. It will spool a bit quicker than the 88-75 but make more power than the 83/75 - a great middle point between the two. Truthfully, if this turbo was available 2 months ago, I would have used it on my time attack R14 for the Modified Tuner shootout

thanks for posting up gary!

Originally Posted by Talonboost
Surge line on the non-recirc crosses PR 3.0 at about 34 lbs per minute. Surge line on the recirc crosses PR 3.0 at about 25 lbs per minute. That should be much better for keeping your spool monster on the right side of the surge line and working efficiently when you go WOT in the lower part of your rev band. And that, to me, is one of the reasons why you would buy a smaller turbo like this in the first place.
Totally agree gary! IMHO every turbo should have a ported shroud compressor housing - there is no downside, except a slightly larger size compressor, which looks cool anyway

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Geoff, I went down to Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa and checked out the shop. Aaron/Erin gave me a tour of the place.
when did you stop by? Im sorry i missed you, if you are still in the area let me know! i give a better tour than the other guys here

Originally Posted by kiggly
The 1.1AR housing works really well with the 83mm turbine wheel and even with a 76mm comp wheel doesn't hit 1:1 backpressure until over 40psi on my car.
Thanks alot for posting up your experience. You are absolutely correct that the 1.10 ar works great on the 83mm turbine wheel. In my experience ive seen that very high boost cars will gain top end power with the 1.25 a/r at high boost on engines that flow a lot in the cyl head. did you have a chance to test the 1.25 out also?

Last edited by Geoff Raicer; Jun 8, 2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Full Race are amazing!!! Love them to bits =)

Should have held out for the Borg damn it!!! LOL...

Last edited by joyce1bro; Jun 9, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Geoff how does the S200P compare to the HTA3076R in terms of spool, response and power?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 07:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EvolutionBoy67
Geoff how does the S200P compare to the HTA3076R in terms of spool, response and power?
i have no idea!! I am hoping to know that answer soon. we have 2 projects we need to wrap up before we can start on that
Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was in Phoenix over memorial day weekend for about a week. We had to do some high ambient temperature testing between 2-6k feet.

We *might* be coming back to do some more testing, who knows. I'll be sure and let you know sooner next time (they only gave me enough time to pack my bags lol)
Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Full-Race Geoff
S200P --This is basically an S200SX on steroids. It uses a vband ported shroud compressor housing, 4" inlet, OD is identical to the S300P i ran a few months back. the vband compressor housing is a huge feature, and they way they machine precise countersunk steps, its impossible to leak.
I imagine that v-band would be like from heaven when you are trying to clock the cover into the perfect position!
Geoff, is this S200P cover about 7" OD, or is it bigger?

Gary

Quick Reply: 2010 Borg Warner Airwerks Turbo catalog