Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Car Isnt Boosting past 4lbs...Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Car Isnt Boosting past 4lbs...Help!

Hey guys a few days back a friend of mine and I installed a few items on the car. Before that, the car was boosting just fine. Here are the modifications we installed:

Ported Intake Mani
Ported Exhaust Mani
Ported Throttle Body
3.5 inch FMIC
UICP(Still using stock 9 bov)
LICP
AEM intake
Megan 02 Housing
255 Walbro

before the car had:

just turbo back
and another intake
AEM TRU BOOST.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM:

The idle is perfect with an appropriate AF readings. However, when we try to go into boost, it won't go past 2-3 psi and it makes a flutter noise and AF would go all the way lean. What we tried to do is connect the wastegate and boost lines together to see if it would at least boost wastegate pressure but the car still had the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 20, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you guys do a boost leak test? That is alot of parts to slap on at once and not do a boost leak test afterwards. Try to do one at the intake mani to address those problems that might be right there, then do the turbo to address the second half. Someone posted they did this and I think it's a pretty good idea actually Think about how easy it would be if you could best each connection independently.... You probably have a pretty huge obvious boost leak somewhere.
Old May 20, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I would re check all the connections on the pipes make sure the TB is proporly installed. And make sure you have all the connectors plugged in first. I had a connector unpluged and i couldn't boost past 11
Old May 20, 2009, 07:49 AM

i would check all your lines and do a boost leak test. if none of that is working then check the shaft play in the turbo it may be going bad :/
Old May 23, 2009, 12:59 AM

Check to see if your wastegate is open, the wastegate might not be closed all the way, i had same problem on my FP red, couldn't boost over 5 psi. Just take the pin out, and if you can move your waste gate arm faurther then that little piece the cotter pin goes through to keep the arm attached, your waste gate is staying open and it needs to be tightened.