evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Used CarsGarageVendor Directory TSB & Recalls
Search

Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
Sponsored by: World Racing

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Jan 25, 2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (1)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: IX FQ360

Fuel - Double pumper Vs Single inline

What are the advantages of the Double pumper over the single inline Bosch 044 fuel pump combined with a Walbro in-tank, or vise versa?

Old Jan 25, 2009, 02:42 PM   #2
EvoM Super Moderator
Personal Sales Rating: (149)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2004 Toyota 4Runner

the advantages are whether you need an additional fuel pump or not

if the walbro inline is enough then why go bigger

with e85 and race applications the need for a larger fuel system requires upgrading

Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

needed to support gt35r.

Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:25 PM   #4
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (10)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2004 mitsubishi evolution RS

depends on what injectors and with what gas your running and the power you are going for... im running 1600s with e85 so i would not need it, but im going to just in case, with 1600s and pump you need it for sure!!! if you are just running 1000s or 1200s you pry wont need it...
WTH? Serious? At age 15, i had problems handling my penor. I wouldn't have ever been able to handle the raw power of an Evo. I would always try to be hiding it when walking around: putting books in front, walking sideways, trying to draw attention away from my crotch. And when they do see it, they look at me and say, "What the hell, Tin?" and I would respond, "I don't know man! It has a mind of its own.".

Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

1000cc injectors.

I want to max out the 35r on pump fuel.

Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:38 PM   #6
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (36)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: the Blazin' Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoWWrs View Post
depends on what injectors and with what gas your running and the power you are going for... im running 1600s with e85 so i would not need it, but im going to just in case, with 1600s and pump you need it for sure!!! if you are just running 1000s or 1200s you pry wont need it...
With e85 you will ABSOLUTELY need more fuel pump. I was easily maxing out a Walbro 255 and 1000cc injectors with e85 on my old gt35r setup. With e85 you need 30% more volume of fuel, which the 255 will have a very hard time delivering under high load/high boost applications.

As for the OP, you should be able to run pump gas to the limit of what pump gas will allow you with 1 Walbro.

ER2.2L/HTA86 - 790whp / 605wtq - 35psi

Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:00 PM   #7
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (153)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 05 Evo VIII, 90 TSi AWD, 91 GSX, 91 GVR4, 02 Dodge Stratus, 73 VW Karmann Ghia, 89 Acura Integra LS, 08 WRX (wife and she loves it!) 06 Buell XB12R

Twin Walbro's in an in-tank setup will increase your volume but will not be able to increase your pressure more than a single Walbro can. A single Walbro followed by another high pressure pump such as the Bosch 044 can be used to increase the pressure well beyond what the stock pump or Walbro's can. The 044 is a great high pressure pump however it will not prime itself and to maintain max pressure you want it further up the line, closer to the fuel rail. This is why you would use a single Walbro in tank, to prime the 044 and since the load has been removed from the Walbro it can easily keep up with the volume demand of the 044. As stated earlier however, unless you are looking at alternative fuels you should be fine on the single Walbro for now.

Josh

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American G. I. One died for your soul; the other for your freedom." author unknown

Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Why would it be needed further up the line, closer to the fuel rail?

Would it not be better closer to the walbro, less stress for the walbro?

Would this setup offer more fuel than a double pump?

Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:20 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
044, benefit, bosch, double, dual, evo, fuel, inline, pump, pumper, single, specops, twin, vs, walbro