Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Duel fuel rail setup

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duel fuel rail setup

I have a Magnus V5 (see pic) and have dual rails on it. I need to get them hooked up now and was wondering that is the best way to do this.

I do have larger feed & return lines all the way from the tank to the engine bay and I need to go from the one line to two lines for both feed & return.

I know Buschur has a kit but I don't want to pay the $250 bucks for it. If you have pictures of this that would be a huge help.
Attached Thumbnails Duel fuel rail setup-downsized_1029090940.jpg  
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
The best way would be not to, just run the ID2000 injectors on the stock ecu and be done with it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Why do you need two fuel rails?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so you went out and spent money on a dual rail kit but do not want to spend the money ''250.00'' to have it work right??? OR you could have saved your self so much time and headache if you just did a single rail with ID2000 injectors.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRF-MP-6208/
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

They have different sizes depending on your line size. If you have enough power for 2 rails i would run -10 to 2 -8 outlets or i think you can run -8 to 2 -6
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by APM Racing
Originally Posted by APM Racing
They have different sizes depending on your line size. If you have enough power for 2 rails i would run -10 to 2 -8 outlets or i think you can run -8 to 2 -6
Cool thanks, that helped out big time.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
so you went out and spent money on a dual rail kit but do not want to spend the money ''250.00'' to have it work right??? OR you could have saved your self so much time and headache if you just did a single rail with ID2000 injectors.
I think its one of those look at me i have dual rails situations.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Just curious but how much power is this car making?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Actually it's because the part that David sells the Y are made out of plastic and I don't feel comforatable using them. Go on his site and look at them.

The part that APM racing suggested will work fine and is made out of metal and since I am running e85 all the time I don't want anything to happen to them. There was a thread in here of a guy that had a DP from Buschur and when he romeved it from his tank it was brown from sitting in E85. Since the DP is made out of plastic also I don't want there to be any issues since I don't drive my car in the winter so it's sits there all year long without moving or being started. I don't want the integrity of the plastic to break over time.

I have thrown enough money into this car to save a few bucks here and there.

Also since none of you have ever tuned in Colorado where the air is thinner you suck more fuel. I already maxxed out at 110 latencey some 1600cc Precsion injectors.

Same thing happened with a different tuner on my old 35R setup. I ran out of fuel, so since I want to push this car hard like 45 psi I don't want to run into the problem again of running out of fuel. I wquld rather have more fuel than less and have to do things over again.

Besides I got these parts for a steal and didn't turn it down.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by red03evo
Just curious but how much power is this car making?
I will post dyno sheets once this is all done. So if you can help with this install with instructions it will go much faster. Please PM if you can contribute.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I agree there is no point in running dual rails if you run one fuel like E-85. Its smarter to run FIC2150 in one rail and keep it simple.

Now if you want the ultimate setup. Run two rails with different fuels in each.
primary can be 560 evo injectors = low octane fuel available everywhere. perfect drivability maintained.
secondary rail comes live under boost. secondary fuel can be e99, vp import, or any other fancy fuel that is only being used during boost. This setup offers too many advantages to list.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

But as I stated in another thread and it's on FIC's website you can't run race gas on the 2150
So why put myself in that postition? Why put myself in the postition to run of gas again only to remove everything again and send it off to get customized after the fact.

Even if I don't need the second rail I got these parts for such a good deal I can deal with the few dollars I spent on them. Please look at my signature to why I got good deals on some of the parts.

Now since the last time I touched this car my financial situation has changed drastically. So rather than have you guys cut me down why don't you all help me with this by inputting valuable information and then I can get some solid numbers.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

ID2000 is like 2200cc injectors and u can use E85. imo its much more realistic,simple, less bs to go wrong and i highly dought you will max them out.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
But as I stated in another thread and it's on FIC's website you can't run race gas on the 2150
So why put myself in that postition? Why put myself in the postition to run of gas again only to remove everything again and send it off to get customized after the fact.

Even if I don't need the second rail I got these parts for such a good deal I can deal with the few dollars I spent on them. Please look at my signature to why I got good deals on some of the parts.

Now since the last time I touched this car my financial situation has changed drastically. So rather than have you guys cut me down why don't you all help me with this by inputting valuable information and then I can get some solid numbers.
we are ''well i am not'' putting you down. u want something simple and effective. you spent money on a dual rail setup ''extra money over a single rail'' you spent money on another set of injectors'' extra money'' you spent money to get it all to work correctly ''extra money'' when you could have saved so much time, money, hassle by going with a single rail and ID2000 injectors.

Quick Reply: Duel fuel rail setup