Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

One for the turbo tech's which turbo's for compound please.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One for the turbo tech's which turbo's for compound please.

Hello everyone, I've just registered...well last night but waited for activation.

I have a vauxhall Astra mk2 gte with c20let conversion. Which I am re-mounting into the rear end thus being mid-engined, RWD once completed.

I've been looking into compound turbo set-ups, And as I know most standard replacement TD turbo's are cheap as chips.

My question is.....I want to know if anyone here knows which 2 turbo's would suite for the job. Alot of people have gone for the twin-scroll TD05 16g for the c20let set-ups, But as I want to go compound set up, Can anyone tell me which 2 turbo's would be suited well?

I've looked at the turbo specs on another thread on here, For example if nobody is sure what i mean how would these 2 turbos go together?

(Small turbo) TDO4-9B-6CM2 265 CFM
(Big Turbo) TDO6H-20G-14CM2 650 CFM

Anymore info would be most appreciated.

Joker
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

The only reason I know of for doing a compound setup is to achieve incredible pressure levels out of small turbos. For example, those two turbos you just listed would be capable of well over 50 lbs of boost. I know nothing of the motor you have in there, but you'll need a very strong bottom end, and a very good intercooler. How much power are you trying to make? Give me some more info on the engine.

Why did you post this in a mitsu forum?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 01:26 PM

well for starters, I am only trying to acheive a good stable bhp figure nothing over 400bhp. Compound turbo set ups are used to achieive big pressure yes, But that isn't what I'm after I want a strong wide power range with out lag, i.e small turbo boosts early then big turbo takes over. Both turbo's would run at mid-range but have more power with out the hard use of either resulting in reliablity and it will last, and be very smooth.

I am using a c20let, which is out of the calibra turbo's. I am posting on a mitsu forum because people use the td range of turbo's for the c20let engine as replacement turbos from the kkk16 which are getting rare, my question is which 2 turbos would be best suited from the td range.

I'm looking for a small turbo and a big one for maximum range of torque power (wider band of power, smoother, reducing lag)

I thought being a mitsu forum, someone with good knowledge of these turbo's could point me in the right direction as to which turbos would go well together.

Joker