Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO8 low boost (11psi)

Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO8 low boost (11psi)

hello , i bought EVO8 from US , when i installed boost gauge , i figured that there is only 10-11psi of boost , where can i find problem?

i found on car HKS full exhaust , blitz bov , tuned manifold , injen intake , big alluminium radiator ...
Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Why did you make 2 threads?
Old Aug 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very typical. Did you search for the 1000 other threads asking this same question?

You're running on wastegate pressure, which means your boost controller is not hooked up, or the previous owner put the boost system back to stock and didn't use the OEM hoses. Get an MBC or get the OEM boost lines from Mitsu.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:00 PM

im sorry, one guy here told me to open it here , before that it was already opened in engine management , please delete which is not in right place ...
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

You don't open it again - you just ask mods to move it. It doesn't belong in any part of the forum, because it's been answered 1000 times. You have made 3 posts now without reading the rules nor searching, but I gave you the answer anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:05 PM

Warrtalon i'm very sorry , im not good in english , ill try to read all rules here tomorrow ...

by the way im new with evos and also with turbo charged cars , can u please tell little bit more about MBC , OEM boost lines ... i'll try to upload my engine pic here if it will help u to figure out something ...

Last edited by Gazika; Aug 10, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
under your intake check your vacuum lines for leaks. Im willing to bet there was a boost controller from the previous owner and he put in the vacuum lines wrong or something. With the setup you have i suggest you get a boost controller
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Your only running off of the acuator. If you look where the turbo is, there is only one vaccum line, and it runs from the acuator to the turbo. There is supposed to be 2 lines which either connect to a boost controller or to the stock boost solinoid.

BTW, I love the SARD. Even though it is supposed to be recirc for the Evos, I ran it on a rb25 240 and it sounded awesome.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

It probably still has 2 lines that tee near the turbo/wga, then one line to the BCS, but they aren't OEM lines with pills.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:49 PM

this car definitely was tuned in US , but seems like something was moved out ...
plz look again at this pic , i marked intake cable which splits and connects little bit right and lower than air filter ... is there vacuum lines that u're telling me to check ?

here is no electronical boost controllers , if it will help i can get manual controller tomorrow ...

whats SARD ?

Old Aug 10, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

We gave you the answer - please listen. Your boost system just isn't working. You need a boost controller or the stock Mitsu boost lines.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 03:12 PM

ok , tnx for helping
i'll check that and if need install mbc
Old Aug 10, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

hopefully the Russians won't kill your evo before you fix. Stay safe!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:14 AM

i've downloaded vacuum diagram and checked all lines , there a all black going from wastegate solenoid to actuator, intake and turbine , seems like its not stock... all tuning stores are closed here at this moment , cant get mbc
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
You don't open it again - you just ask mods to move it. It doesn't belong in any part of the forum, because it's been answered 1000 times. You have made 3 posts now without reading the rules nor searching, but I gave you the answer anyway.
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We gave you the answer - please listen. Your boost system just isn't working. You need a boost controller or the stock Mitsu boost lines.
You are just so nice "Warrtalon." It's not the end of the world if an Evom member makes a minor mistake. Cool down and take it easy on everybody, especially newbies like myself. Mistakes are a part of everyone's life and others should just build the patience to work around them. I know that you are a very knowledgeable person on numerous Evo topics, but some form of kindness would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and no hard feelings.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EVO8 low boost (11psi)