Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio

Hey celica2evo, your car is done

We have a handful of cars here in the lot all waiting on some small change to the build before they can leave back to the their owners. This was the first of them that we could finish. All of them are 500+ whp pump gas cars.

On to the details.

Car belongs to Brian (celica2evo here on EVOm).

Details of the build:

Buschur Racing (BR) 2 liter
BR Stage 3 head
BF 272 cams
BR COP
BR double pumper-STOCK fuel lines, STOCK fuel rail, STOCK regulator
BR Race FMIC
BR upper i/c pipe with Tial BOV
BR lower i/c pipe
AEM EMS
BR dual stage boost controller
SMC alky kit
Exedy Triple Cerametalic clutch
BR lightweight battery kit
BR front center member
BR 3" Vband EVO9 JDM exhaust
BR HTA35r header turbo kit

That should be about it.

Car was tuned on 93 octane only first and made 539 whp and 376 ft lbs of torque at 29 psi peak boost.

The SMC alky kit was then turned on and the only changes made were to just trim the fuel curve to keep the car from being too rich, it them made 559 whp/376 ft lbs of torque.

This car, like all the others, will be capable of mid 10's at 135 mph on straight pump gas, 93 octane fuel.

It's going to be a handful, enjoy it but respect it's power Brian!

I will post the dyno sheets in this thread as soon as I can get Nick to host them for me.

Last edited by David Buschur; Jul 3, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Good pump gas numbers. The car didn't make anymore torque with the alky injection? I guess you didn't up the boost.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another great build from the best in the business!!!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Really good numbers. Geez.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

damn, i want a 500whp DD.... muhahahahahahahhahaha
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Nice job David and the whole BR crew!

Just keeping making them for people in northern Ohio....I don't want any competition down here!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thats all the tq it would muster, even with the meth on? Why bother...

Another good build none-the-less.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO!

Awesome Dave! Im freaking Pumped! I cant wait to see what this thing does when we put the next little addition onto it!

I want to say right here....Thank You so much to everyone for their help and support! A HUGE THANKS to Dave for putting up with me and questions! Dan for building another beast up there! Jarrod and Nick for not killing me when I changed my mind on parts a few times and kept adding to my order! Trent, VWJeff and SloRice for some suggestions and support and for helping me stay positive when I didnt have my car by watching what you guys were doing!

I cant wait to come up there next week and finally get to here it fire up and start to get used to the power so I can eventually be at the track and running with Dave, Jeff and everyone else! Also to my Dad for letting me do this and supporting me even though my Mom wanted to kill both of us! And to my GF for not killing me because I talked about it non-stop the entire time that it was gone becuase all I could think about was getting it back!

And Dave, I am deffinately going to be taking it easy! Ive made way to many good friends with all of you guys to do something stupid and kill myself or total the car and not get to enjoy it!

Once Again! Thank You to EVERYONE! And I cant wait till next Wednesday!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Did some of you miss the part about the alky kit being turned on and what was done? Obviously...........I said that the alky kit was turned on and all that was done was the fuel was trimmed.

The car was tuned at 29 psi on 93 octane and 29 psi on alky. The ignition timing was NOT changed for the alky tune, just pulled out enough fuel to put the AFR's back where they were on straight 93 octane. I was NOT attempting to make more power on alky, only adding a margin of safety because the kit was on the car. Personally, on a car like this, I don't even care to have the alky kit on it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

celica2evo, you are VERY-VERY welcome. Thank YOU for having us build it. I know it wasn't something you planned on doing but I think the circumstances have left you with a bad *** EVO. I'm not concerned with what happens to the car, we've grown fond of you and I just don't want to see something happen to you.

For that matter, the more of these 500+ pump gas EVO's we build the more concerned I keep getting with someone becoming seroiusly injured driving them.

Just a year or so ago to make this much power you had to run race gas in the car with a lot of boost, most guys only did that in the safe environment of the race track. Now you can own a 500+ true daily driver that can reach 100+ mph from a dead stop in 7 seconds, it doesn't take long to get into a lot of trouble in a car like that. Having that much power every single day makes it "a deadly weapon".

This isn't directed right at you Brian, just something for everyone to think about when owning a car this potent. It has to be treated with respect.

Sorry, getting off topic.

I can't wait to hear what you have to say after driving it the first time. What did you tell me, a 13 second car is the fastest thing you have driven so far? Oh boy, you might want to bring a change of underwear! haha

BTW, time to update your signature
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Hey David,

When is your off peak time of the year ?

Thanks
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Do you guys plan on turning the kit on and seeing what it does or is that out of the question as of now? Another amazing build :jealous:.

:EDIT: SORRY, meant utilizing it to make more POWER with the injection kit on.

Last edited by inco9nito99; Jul 3, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

thatmr2guy,

Generally spring through fall is our peak season but if you need a car built or work done just about anytime is fine. Shoot me a PM or give us a call if you have something in mind.

incognito, the kit is on.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Well the best time I had ran at the track was a 13.9, but the car was running like crap. And that was the only time I was there. The car was close to a low 12s car, but few things went wrong before I could get back again.

Either way its a far different beast now! Its a true honor to be able to represent you guys because you are the ONLY shop that is as loyal to their customers as you are! Other shops I have been to and talked to, all you are is a number and money! You guys treat everyone as friends and family and that means the world! There is not another shop I would ever recommend over you!

Thank You so much! And also, Tell Tom to have a safe trip back home! He is a great man and I cant wait to see him again! Hopefully at the shootout!

Last edited by Celica2EVO; Jul 4, 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:43 AM

good numbers!!! awesome car!!

Quick Reply: Another pump gas beast hits the streets of Ohio