Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New FP White turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New FP White turbo

I callled Forced Performance today about getting a green turbo and they were telling me that they have a new turbo coming out called the White turbo. It's the VIII turbo and spools quicker. If I'm not mistaken he said instead of the 44 flow rate it will be 47.something. It suppose to be on the market for about 1200. The info should be hitting their website this week and I think available next week. I'm not 100% sure.

Has anyone else heard about this version of the VIII turbo?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhhh white rabbit???? something doesn't sound right since they devoted a copious amount of time towards the HTAgreen. It wouldn't make sense for them to develop another stock type turbo using the viii compressors...
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does sound like it is gonna be as big of a hit as the green. I still want to see the red.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

I heard it directly from their mouth yesterday. Who knows what is going to come about this.

They have another version of the green coming out? If they are I would like to know because I planned on ordering the green next week.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 03:41 AM
Evolved Member

Is the white, as in, white rabbit, being resurrected as a budget green you think?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:28 AM
Former Sponsor

from what i heard from fp the new evo green project is cancelled so now we stay with the regular fp green only no improved fp green
Old Jun 27, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^thats what I thought I had heard too. They couldn't really improve on it...
Old Jun 27, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Yea so same ol powerful green and the white is cheaper for those who can't get the green, i guess. Stock VIII turbo with better flow and spool.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Is the white, as in, white rabbit, being resurrected as a budget green you think?

FP couldnt improve on the Green with their HTA Green atempt - so the Green goes back into production unchanged...

The R&D gained from buillding the HTA - I think they have decided to use to build a new EVO 8 Based FP White Turbo which will be a lot cheaper than the FP Green and good alternative, weather its an improvement over the Stock EVO IX Turbo remains to be seen...

Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:41 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
This was already mentioned in the end of the HTA evo green thread, but ya, should be a great turbo for the $$!

Prolly the HTA green wheel (or similar) with the stock turbine wheel. Should be a good performer!

Last edited by scheides; Jun 27, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TKEVO
Yea so same ol powerful green and the white is cheaper for those who can't get the green, i guess. Stock VIII turbo with better flow and spool.

I dont see why people cant just wait a little longer, save up more money, and get what they want lol....When I do my t3 upgrade, I will save until I have enough for the hta35r
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:49 AM

I loved my FP white rabbit! Awesome Spool...amazing torque. Nice that they are available to the public again.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

White model dyno on 22psi falling to 21psi

This is getting a little messy! Seems like we can't develop anything without the internet spy network trumping our debuts! HAHAHA!

Anyway, here is a teaser to check out. It isnt the highest power dyno graph in the world, but it was done on 22psi dropping to about 20-21psi by 7krpm in 3rd gear, not a 4th gear run which would show it spooling even faster.

It is a pretty good example of how well this turbo can hold the power out in the upper RPM on low boost. This thing is above 350whp from before 6k to well past 8krpm. I know you guys have seen your share of 400whp stock turbo dyno runs on meth, crack, heroin and whatnot with the boost cranked to the moon, and I know everyone can make big torque numbers on the stock turbo with a 35psi boost spike, but this is a honest 22psi with no spike and a gentle fade down to 20psi or so by 8500rpm. No stock turbo can sustain 350+whp out beyond 8krpm on 20psi.

I love driving the car this way, my motec log shows me doing 3.1 second 0-60 and 11.4 second 0-120mph on the way home from the dyno with the car detuned to 22psi. Plus this turbo is less costly to build than the Green due to less machine work and retaining the stock turbine wheel. I like the stock turbine wheel in low boost apps since you dont build a terrible level of turbine pressure with the TD05H when keeping boost under 25psi, PLUS you get stock EVO9 turbo spool. The spool up curves of the stock turbo and this one lie pretty much directly on top of one another.

This is the 68HTA wheel that didnt outperform (outpower to be more specific) the 69-5 when tested with the larger turbine wheel. For the sake of being thorough, we ran it in the TD05H configuration and got surprised. Drastic improvement in compressor eff when mass flow got beyond 40lb/min and much more mass flow when driven out to it's max shaft speed of 165k compared to the stock EVO9 16g6 compressor.

Anyway, I know I typed too many words and nobody will read it anyway, so here is a pretty picture.

Boost ON!

Robert Young
Attached Thumbnails New FP White turbo-white.jpg  
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

oh, also notice that it was 95F when we did this run, not a uncorrected 40F "perfect air" day by any means.

Also, this turbo was using our HP actuator, not the stock actuator.

Rock On! Boost on! and BOOST OUT!

Robert Young
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Also, not EVO8 based. It is EVO9 based and therefore fits and appears exactly as a EVO9 turbo, not the smaller diameter EVO8 stuff.

BOOSTON!
Robert

Quick Reply: New FP White turbo