Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

MR won't shift into 6th gear?!

Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Same thing mine did, its burred and will eventually leave you with no 6th.
So what parts did you end up having to replace?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this just happened to me this morning. completely locked out of 6th. cml
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

Dont know if the forum rules allow it but if its a no no just nix it.

I have a perfectly fine 6spd sitting in my garage as I just went to a 5spd when I did a new higher hp built engine. Has about 10,000 miles since I had it reubilt when I first bought the car and I have documentation to prove that. Shifts like butter and I was a fan of MT-90 with it. Bad news is when it was in the garage it got tipped over and one of the bell housing mount holes got chipped off. If any of you guys want to swap the internals or whatever to fix your 6th gear issues I am willing to sell it cheap. PM me and we can try and work a deal. I hate that it sits unused and I will never need it
Old Apr 21, 2014, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by norcalbmxxx
Dont know if the forum rules allow it but if its a no no just nix it.

I have a perfectly fine 6spd sitting in my garage as I just went to a 5spd when I did a new higher hp built engine. Has about 10,000 miles since I had it reubilt when I first bought the car and I have documentation to prove that. Shifts like butter and I was a fan of MT-90 with it. Bad news is when it was in the garage it got tipped over and one of the bell housing mount holes got chipped off. If any of you guys want to swap the internals or whatever to fix your 6th gear issues I am willing to sell it cheap. PM me and we can try and work a deal. I hate that it sits unused and I will never need it
Just ordered my transmission fluid. My transmission fluid was low. it took 1.5quarts and now can get it into 6th gear but its a little struggle. for now i put fluid that i had laying around the garage. (not driving it until i change it out) hope this works.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 02:56 PM

So over the last couple months of driving I have made sure to use 6th gear as much as I could despite the difficulty to go in and out of 6th. What seemed to have happened with that is that it has evidently worked off the burred bit on the hub. It is now working again almost like normal, requiring just very slightly more than normal effort.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:35 PM

Gonna pull my trans out soon once I get the parts ordered. What parts shall I order when I visit the dealership? Obviously that clip that JohnBradley posted, but what does that clip go into? Do I need that piece too? Any seals/bearings that are an absolute-must to replace?

I currently experience no grinds whatsoever, except once at a high rpm, I had a grind downshifting into 5th gear. I haven't really ran it to redline since then but daily driving it in a civil matter, I'm unable to duplicate the grind.

So I guess my second question is, should I replace anything with 5th gear while I have it all out?

IX with 30k miles. Should I also order by vin? Or is there a better designed part number out of the options? Because the same 6th gear part shows different part numbers depending on production date.
Attached Thumbnails MR won't shift into 6th gear?!-trans-2.png   MR won't shift into 6th gear?!-trans.png