Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

anyone have the Buschur double magnaflow tbe exhaust setup with a review or sound cli

Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have the Buschur double magnaflow tbe exhaust setup with a review or sound cli

So I have an AMS turboback on my evo with my HTA86 and its way way too loud. I was interested in Buschurs dual muffler magnaflow setup, but don't know how it sounds or performs. Who has this, and has a review or sound clips?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I can Tell you that it will much better that what you have now. i don't have one but Daves car is not loud at all
Old Oct 17, 2013, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My buddy has an HKS carbon exhaust he wants to get rid of and make his car loud. He is local maybe you guys could trade. My HKS with a resonated test pipe sounds great.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 17579EVO9MR
So I have an AMS turboback on my evo with my HTA86 and its way way too loud. I was interested in Buschurs dual muffler magnaflow setup, but don't know how it sounds or performs. Who has this, and has a review or sound clips?
My car has one, I'll put a clip up tomorrow evening

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Oct 18, 2013, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

K sounds good, can't wait to hear it
Old Oct 19, 2013, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Here you go.......think it is a little bit louder than the audio sounds like but it is pretty quiet for a TBE if you ask me.
I modified the exhaust a bit to get the tip where I wanted and also so it wouldn't hit the front sway bar.

Old Oct 20, 2013, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

So this is the exhaust with the magnaflow piece that goes in place of the test pip, correct? I have a full buschur tbe now, but I am looking to quiet it up some as well.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, It has 2 magnaflow bullet style mufflers and v-band clamps everywhere so you could remove the first one and install a test pipe for racing days.

Forgot to mention my car has a Buschur 2.3 w/10.1:1 comp and a Buschur stage 3 head and GSC R2 cams
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Putting the magnaflow in place of the cat really does decrease the sound huh?
I have a hfc and 2 magnaflow mufflers and it's pretty loud at idle. My cams really increases the sound from the lope pulsing
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't tell you how it sounds compared to anything else. It definitely isn't quiet but for a full 3" TBE I expected it to be louder. It sounds pretty quiet in that video, it is definitely a little misleading.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Thats not quiet at all. And magnaflow mufflers dont come in "bullet" style, at least Buschur's bullet style is not magnaflow.

This was much quieter, not stock but as quiet as you can get catless straight flow through 3" tbe.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-exhaust.html

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
*******************************************EDIT*** *****************************
Video Clips added.

We used my friends cell phone.

I also played some music for you so you can compare it to my stereo. At first I raised the volume to 23 then slowly turned it down to 14 just so you get an idea of how quiet the exhaust is. Notice how loud the music sounded compared to the exhaust.

Idle, rev to 2-2.5k and drive off.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01355.flv
Normal driving and comparing to sound system.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01357.flv
WOT 1-2-3
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01358.flv
More normal driving a bit of traffic.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01359.flv

************************************************** *************************************
Ok, I think I might be done with the exhaust games. If any of you dont know already, I tried to create or mix and match exhausts to get the most quietest 3" no cat, straight flow through system.

My first attempt was in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...3-exhaust.html

Project hush was very quiet but I am extremely sensitve to exhaust noises. There was only one evo owner that sat in my car when he was tuning it for me and was impressed with how quiet it was. My friends thought it was too quiet but for some reason it felt like it was 1 decible shy of what I wanted. But dont get me wrong that was cop friendly during normal driving and laughs at the RRE stealth catless exhaust. But most evo owners like to "sound fast" or probably like attention so it might have still been too quiet for the majority of you.

I used to think that oval mufflers are more supreme than round mufflers. But Mr. Bushur pointed something out that made think a little. He mentioned that although wide body mufflers have more packing in the sides, the upper and lower sections lack. So thats why I decided to give his round magnaflow muffler a try.

I decided to go with the slip fit Buschur 3" catback with magnaflow muffler because slip fit is easier to align for me as a novice in fabricating things and cheaper. Buschur uses a 7" round body magnaflow muffler at the rear. After measuring I decided to go with a 6" round body magnaflow in the center because I didnt feal comfortable on if a 7" would clear. But remember I removed the heat shield that was over the cat area on the under body. As for downpipe you can use any 3" that you wish as long as its designed in a way that can bolt on to the stock catalytic converter. The reason I say that is because I know that the AMS downpipe is designed to fit their exhaust systems only with **** length and 3 bolt flange. So if you use theirs or non universal style downpipe you might need to do it slightly differently or more fab work to make it work.

Ok as for sound, this exhaust after warming up when idling it can barely be heard from in cabin pov, slightly over stock and slightly quieter than my previous setup. But this slight difference satisfies me. I guess because inside the cabin sound its more mellower. Also cruising up to or less than 80 on the high way is very nice. I'd say road trip worthy. The previous exhaust after 60-65 became a little over for my liking. In the city cruising (35-45) is very quiet, normal/light acceleration is quiet, can be heard slightly but very mellow and passive for the ears. I enjoy my music on the stock radio at volume level of 20-23 depending on the music. As for WOT it does open up but nothing obnoxiously loud and still quieter than all the other exhuasts. I think if you did some spirited driving you wont have to worry about grabbing attention miles away, but its not like stock quiet.

If any one has ever ran stock catback with 3" downpipe and test pipe this exhaust is slightly louder than that setup. I dont have any sound/video clips yet. I wanted to use my phone but the sound quality is really crappy. I'll see if I can video tape it with a cam-corder and see how it sounds. Usually exhaust systems loudness and tones are hard to capture and accurately portray with regular home camcorders but I'll see what I can do.

Well that includes my story, reasoning and logic of how, and why I did this. Oh, and just so you know this is like my 6th exhuast system for the car. So trust me I tried most of those quiet exhausts out there. And I wasted a lot of money buying and reselling process in which I'm not in that economic statis to be doing. So I hope this could be of a great help to those in similar situations as me.

Parts
-Buschur slip fit cat-back with Magnaflow muffler
-3" inlet Magnaflow muffler 6" diameter, 14" case length, 20" overall length
-Vibrant stainless steel 3" flange
-Any 3" downpipe with 2 bolt flange (I'm using Turbo XS downpipe)

The fabrication of this system is quite simple because the downpipe and catback are well fabricated to fit. All you have to do is get someone to weld the 2 bolt vibrant flange to one side of the 6" wide magnaflow muffler.

I removed the catalytic converter underbody heat sheild a while ago, so I dont know if the magnaflow will clear it if you still have it on. Just go a head and install the downpipe and the catback section. Then you can just bolt the magnaflow muffler to the downpipe with the two flanges, and the catback side would just slip fit on to Buschur's catback. Its pretty much that simple.

The magnaflow muffler's pipe ends are sligthly larger than 3" so the would slip snug over buschurs exhaust pipe. And the clamps Buschur provides work perfectly in creating a great positive seal.

Also if you guys are wondering. With my previous setup I think the Vibrant widebody worked pretty well. I'm not sure which is better compared to the magnaflow muffler though, but I strongly believe the bullet muffler does not muffle that well. I think its because it might be constructed of stainless wool material only in which it doesnt muffle as much. But thats just my hypothesis.

Pictures:
The flash of the camera captures some of the road dust on the muffler but what ever..

6" Magnaflow muffler. You can see that one side is 2 bolt flange and the other slip fit.

Both mufflers from the rear view:

So far I have not wrapped the downpipe yet because I was in a hurry to complete this, but I will soon and see if that changes anything. Also just maybe I might add a resonator just to see if it will do anything. But thats a big maybe way down the road.

After helping a friend put a boost gauge in his 2001.5 Audi S4 wagon, I was amazed at how much sound deadening material/carpet that car had. Even on the firewall in which our car lacks for sure. I think I might get some of those sound materials and add it in to see if I can block some of the engine bay noises and any extra noises of the exhaust.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by michaelrc51
Yes, It has 2 magnaflow bullet style mufflers and v-band clamps everywhere so you could remove the first one and install a test pipe for racing days.

Forgot to mention my car has a Buschur 2.3 w/10.1:1 comp and a Buschur stage 3 head and GSC R2 cams
nice set-up, what power are you putting down?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

UOTE=BluEVOIX;10994673]Thats not quiet at all. And magnaflow mufflers dont come in "bullet" style, at least Buschur's bullet style is not magnaflow.

This was much quieter, not stock but as quiet as you can get catless straight flow through 3" tbe.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-exhaust.html[/QUOTE]

They are definitely a Magnaflow muffler, and they are smaller in diameter than the ones you have in your thread.
This is the muffler on this system, and they both have a raised "Magnaflow" logo on the mufflers.
https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...cec39c9ea5ee3a

I was expecting it to be louder, that is before I got the car.

Last edited by michaelrc51; Oct 21, 2013 at 04:55 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbenosa
nice set-up, what power are you putting down?

Still tuning and fixing issues, hoping to put down 475 or so on 93.
It is running a FP DBB green with a lot of other supporting mods

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have the Buschur double magnaflow tbe exhaust setup with a review or sound cli