Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

cam: gsc vs hks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cam: gsc vs hks

hey guy i gonna change it asap but still have not much information on this 2 company
which one u guy think is better: beside the name band
i dont care about the name thing just make power and reliable it will be great

thx you
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:34 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
GSC just started making the cam for the EVO sometime in the end of 2004 but I hear of no problem so far. I have HKS cams on my 03 evo since Jul 03 and no problem with good power.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

gsc ownz
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for HKS (I'm a little bias)
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

your gonna start an arguement with this thread!!! j/k

GSC all the way
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

I thought they both were pretty much the same profile.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 09:28 PM

it will be kind of wier if i ask which one is make more power , but
which one?!!!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GSC doesnt make the cams in house, they are made at another place and the place who makes them just lets whoever wants to title them as their own name. There is a local place in NY selling cams for evos also, they are called RVM cams. Some may of heard of RVM because they also made piping a while back. RVM doesnt make cams either but they got them from the same place GSC gets them from. IDK personally know the place and I dont want to. HKS has been making cams for as long as I can remember for the 4G63 before the evo was even over here. GSC cams are just exact replicas of HKS cams, so in theory they shouldnt make any more power in the same exact car. All cars are different though so different cars make different power. but if you were to use the same lift and duration of both cams in the same car, I imagine the car would make the same power.

Some say the GSC cams make more power because of the Lobe design, its smoother then HKS cams. Well Thats a bunch of BS. Hks cams are extremely smooth, if there is a difference between the 2 cams, its so minute it wouldnt make a difference. The cams are the same plain and simple. HKS has just been around for longer and is a way larger company. I'd stick with them...
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

HKS all the way.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
GSC doesnt make the cams in house, they are made at another place and the place who makes them just lets whoever wants to title them as their own name. There is a local place in NY selling cams for evos also, they are called RVM cams. Some may of heard of RVM because they also made piping a while back. RVM doesnt make cams either but they got them from the same place GSC gets them from. IDK personally know the place and I dont want to. HKS has been making cams for as long as I can remember for the 4G63 before the evo was even over here. GSC cams are just exact replicas of HKS cams, so in theory they shouldnt make any more power in the same exact car. All cars are different though so different cars make different power. but if you were to use the same lift and duration of both cams in the same car, I imagine the car would make the same power.

Some say the GSC cams make more power because of the Lobe design, its smoother then HKS cams. Well Thats a bunch of BS. Hks cams are extremely smooth, if there is a difference between the 2 cams, its so minute it wouldnt make a difference. The cams are the same plain and simple. HKS has just been around for longer and is a way larger company. I'd stick with them...
This must be the reason they came out with there new version that was polished (assuming done in house) so they could be "different" from all the same cams I am assuming since polishing it did nothing but make it look different?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Fuel to the fire: What about Buddy Club? Where do they fit in to the picture?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

it all depends on how much money you want to spend. all cams are great and every car needs them, haha. i have the GSC's and they ARE very nice, wherever they are made, they work, and work very well. my car pulls like a **** up top. i also have a great tuner so you couldnt even tell i have cams, thats the best!

ultimately it all depends on, like i said before, how much you want to spend. i got my 272's and headstuds shipped for an awesome deal, so i was sold right there. pm me if you have any questions.

Last edited by xiaoni420; Sep 7, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nutrulz
Fuel to the fire: What about Buddy Club? Where do they fit in to the picture?
The GSCs are identical to the Buddy Clubs. They do have the same lift and duration as the HKS, but sadly, news to NoLimit, is that there are a lot more aspects to a cam profile than those 2 variables.

The GSCs make more power than the HKS. They are significantly cheaper as well. They just don't look as pretty between the lobes. So what. Do you see the cams when they're installed? Not even a little tiny bit.

GSC.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

good answer

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
The GSCs are identical to the Buddy Clubs. They do have the same lift and duration as the HKS, but sadly, news to NoLimit, is that there are a lot more aspects to a cam profile than those 2 variables.

The GSCs make more power than the HKS. They are significantly cheaper as well. They just don't look as pretty between the lobes. So what. Do you see the cams when they're installed? Not even a little tiny bit.

GSC.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Evotexas,
I have to agree, the GSC are some damn good cams. The cars that run them make as good HP as the HKS.

Sean

Quick Reply: cam: gsc vs hks