Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Rant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:45 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rant

Ok, so I must have missed tightening one lug nut when switching back to my stock wheels after driving to Cal Slam last weekend. It came to my attention with a rattling sound half way to school. So I thought "No problem, I've got a lug wrench in my spare tire kit in the trunk". Well, I pulled it out and tried to use the wrench, only to find out it was the wrong size. This thing was huge compared to the lugs on the car, like it was meant for a truck or something. So I hand tightened it until I could get home to my dad's trusty socket set. Anyway, I suggest you all check your lug wrenches and make sure you didn't get the wrong one before you get stuck with a flat tire or something.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's way gay. I'm gonna check that ish out.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i got my new rims and my dad kept asking me to check it my lugs fit, i still havent checked the wrench. OH well, at least i got roadside assistance for the first year. lol
Old Jan 30, 2003, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

i carry a nice big cross bar and a pipe in the trunk. that puny *** lug wrench that comes with the car isnt' gonna do **** when u got a flat tire...
Old Jan 30, 2003, 02:12 AM
Account Disabled

I just checked mine and DAMN!!! I have the same problem

Lazy @$$ mitsubishi gave me the wrong sized lug wrench!!! Urban... did u tell mitsu about it? (If u did) What did they say?

Imma go talk to my dealer tomorrow... have a nice lil chat with them and maybe even beat em down with the huge @$$ lug wrench...
Old Jan 30, 2003, 02:16 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

I'm gonna drop by the dealership tomorrow or Fri and see if they can switch it for the right one. If they won't, anybody have any suggestions? That's whack, good thing we caught it before someone got stranded.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

Tell that that other people on your forum have the same problem and they better change it if not your alerting the media lol
Old Jan 30, 2003, 03:36 AM
Account Disabled

hmm...im gonna go check mine tomorrow...ive already gotten a flat tire in this car, but i have lifetime roadside assistance so, its no problem. i was ridin around on the spare for like a week looking for the right tire but all is well now. WATCH OUT FOR ROOFERS NAILS!!
Old Jan 30, 2003, 02:44 PM

If they dont replace that wrench thats jank...thatd be nice to be able to sneak into the back of there trunk and replace there wrench with a huge one, then set a nail right under their tire so when they pull over to change it, they are screwed...im gonna check mine...
Old Jan 30, 2003, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by pinoyesv6
i carry a nice big cross bar and a pipe in the trunk. that puny *** lug wrench that comes with the car isnt' gonna do **** when u got a flat tire...
I couldn't agree more, I have the 4 way lug wrench as well. That puny *** factory wrench just winds up frustrating and pissing me off. Plus I always strip or break a lug with that SOB.

Last edited by reddog; Jan 30, 2003 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

I was ale to change my tires just fine with the factory lug wrench, but maybe it was fluke
Old Jan 30, 2003, 09:45 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Update, I called my local service department and he said to bring it in and see if they have the correct size to swap it out. I'll probably get to do that tomorrow or Monday, then I'll let you know how it works out.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

I stopped by my mitsu dealer... and before even talking to anyone I pull the lug wrench out. The salespeople look at me with this look . Then I walk over with the wrench to one of their Montero Sports, and bend down. I stick that wrench onto one of the lugs and waddaya know? It fits like a glove! 2 of the sales people along with the manager come over and ask why I am trying to steal a tire from the Montero Sport. I start and explain to them my situation. It turns out they have ALL the lug wrenches mixed up!!!! All the Lancers have the Montero's wrench and their Montero's have the Lancer's wrench!!! They gracefully replaced my wrench and now they have to make a couple hundred phone calls to make sure everyone who bought from them has the right sized lug wrench. So it's all good
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

that' funny...just walk up to a car without em and do it yourself.....good thinkin
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Personally, I keep a 1/2 drive Rachet and the appropriate 21mm Socket... Makes things go lots faster... now if only they would provide a jack worth a damn.

Quick Reply: Rant