Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tribal
congrats mike
Thanks man..
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
congrats mike.
Hopefully i can get the WG springs in mine and see what mine's got..
I've been so busy at work lately I haven't had time to do any work to it.
Wish I could have come up for the dyno day, but work has got me swamped and I just couldn't make it..
soon though, soon..
Old Nov 12, 2010, 07:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Ready when you are man. Hate you couldnt make it too but we understand how that goes. Hope to get ya back up here sometime Jamie.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tumtum411
That is some great powerCongrats, I would like to know what ecu did you use for this car and what other turbo would you compare the 5857 like between a 30r and 35r thanks and enjoy the car

MiTech
stock ECU and small 30r
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.

I know there are a lot of EVO 4G63 2.0L platform builds these days; and I really didn’t want to be another “run of the mill” setups. So when I finally decided to proceed with mine I paid special attention to every possible piece that was either developed or purchased. I did quite a bit of research (ummm internet), took more than enough recommendations from the builder (Force-Fed Performance) and friends; and made choices dependent on how they performed on the market and on other customer’s cars with similar characteristics. During the entire process I never wanted to have the highest horsepower or fastest ¼ mile, instead I was more interested in a car that could be a TRUE DD (all amenities intact) and perform at a high level on any TA track it comes in contact with. I should also add that I like my stuff to have function, but have good looks at the same time, so I either made, or plan to make, some improvements on the visual side as well.

I have owned her from the beginning. She had about 14 miles when I picked her up 6 years ago. She had approximately 38K miles when she went under the knife and never had an issue, accident, theft or another driver during the first part of her life. I personally believe we had a great car to start. During that first leg, I pretty much did as most did and bolted on every go-fast-part possible. I never had anything larger than a ported IX turbo though. At that time I didn’t see the need, but them days are long gone. Haha. The last dyno/tune we completed was approximately 340whp/325tqe. She was pretty peppy, but thought she had a little more in her. Come to find out, during disassembly, the exhaust cam was about 20-25 degrees retarded. It’s a long story, but basically, was installed by a moron back in Germany. Same moron that I asked to weld an O2 bung for my Wideband... he decided to do it while the sensor was attached to the bung.. yeah, that kind of moron. Anyway, didn’t mean to digress.

I made the decision to start this project about 18 months ago with my builder, tuner and great friends, Force-Fed Performance. I decided to go as far as my pocket book would take me, don't know if most of the people on here know who I am, or follow my threads so I will start with a little bit of background, then post a bunch of pics.

Last year around this time, the car was my daily driver, stock engine/head/stock ecu/maf, 9 turbo, GSC 272 cams, 3" Buschur exhaust (loud and love it), 93oct etc. It was a good base setup. Mid summer I made the choice with much conversation with Justin & Babi @ Force-Fed and decided while I was deployed I wanted the car completely redone.

I got multiple cases of "while your in there" and “good idea fairy” popping during that time, Buschur ported head (combustion chamber coated=TCC FTW), BF 272 Cams, DI intake, 75mm Boomba TB, ETS 4” IC and I bought a polished PTE5857 DBB water cooled from ETS (Mike@ETS is the shiznit, thanks big time) with equal length header and .82 hotside, turbo tuffs, and Ross coated pistons (TCC) and had everything else powder coated, and had them get to work.

I returned after 10 months and pretty much everything was waiting to be dropped in. After about 4 months and much verbal beatings.. hahaha.. We got it up and running. What a great sound that was.

After about 300 miles of break-in, couple oil changes, we were ready for its first tune. Babi did his magic which resulted in a decent base on 93oct., 447whp / 370ish tq @ 28psi. Those are approximates because I don’t have actual graphs on me right now, but I’ll be getting them soon.

The boost controller was the talk for a bit as well. I’m a big fan of Boost being controlled by the ECU, but after some persuasive conversations, I finally agreed to go with an in-cabin Hallman MBC. I originally thought of running a Grimmspeed 3port, but I was just getting to anxious and impatient and the Hallman has been proven over and over again.

The time came to tune with e85. Let me first say I was a bit hesitant. It was mainly due to the accessibility here in Fayetteville, NC. Ummm, none at all. Friggin town needs to hurry up, because I am a true fan of it now. Ethanol is the truth. It is awesome. It’s downright the shizzz. I mean we ran to 40psi and had zero issues with fuel. Anyway, after big smiles and pushing the girl hard.. we topped off 542whp / 466tq @ 40psi. Now those don’t sound like amazing numbers, but this thing feels so nice coming on and it doesn’t take long at all. The very next day we put it on the same dyno again and made 543whp / 494tq @ 40psi. I mean seriously?? It felt awesome.

The next day we felt why not take it to the track and see what it can do on some street tires and cool weather. The track was actually a little too chilly, but overall it was a good first day. Only two passes and did a best 11.99 @ 129.5mph. It was squirrely as hell through 3rd gear. 60ft was a 1.95 and the 1/8th was 96.9mph. We will try it again real soon before it gets too cold. Little prep time will occur next time instead of me trying to make a movie date and rushing out of there. Haha. Again, I was very pleased. Well that’s it. Please enjoy the pics and comment on whatever. I encourage the feedback and if you have any questions about the build please let me know.

Mods / Engine

Force-Fed built short block – Turbo Tuff rods/Ross Pistons (ceramic coated-TCC)
Driven Innovations Intake Mani (powder coated-TCC)
Boomba TB 75mm
ETS 3” UICP (powder coated)
ETS LICP (Polished)
ETS 4” IC
ETS full length exhaust mani (ceramic coated)
PTE 5857 DBB (polished compressor)
PTE 46mm WG
Tial 50mm BOV
FIC Bluemax 1450’s
Full Blown Double pumper with Force-Fed re-wire mod
Fuel Lab FPR
STM fuel rail
Spoolinup COP
Spoolinup SD harness
Buschur Stage 3 Head (ceramic coated combustion chambers/valves/exhaust ports-TCC)
Buschur 3” TBE/ test pipe
BF272 Cams
HKS Cam Gears
Shep T-Case
Carbonetic CCW twin clutch
Mishimoto Evo4-6 aluminum Rad
Mishimoto Coolant temp Rad cap
Battery relocation – Trunk (optima Red top)

Shoes / Brakes / Suspension

Enkei NTO3+M 18x9.5 +27
Extended open lugs
15mm spacers (front)
Falken Azenis 245/40/18
Stock Brembo calipers (powder coated-TCC)
Hawk HPS+ pads
Skunk2 Pro C+ coilovers 12k/10k
Hotchkis Sway bar

Exterior

APR CF Rear diffuser
APR CF GT3 mirrors
Evo8 custom chopped front bumper
Ebay special CF lip
Rexpeed front bumper ducts
CF radiator shroud
CF exhaust heat shield
Fenders rolled

Interior

STRI DSD SLMII gauges – 60mm Amber
Radio relocation kit
Rexpeed CF dash trim overlay
Zeitronix WB/Boost/EGT gauge
Evo MR CF emergency brake handle
Fortune Auto “Titan” shift stick – aka Billy Club
CF Armrest
EVO9 SE rear seats
Touge Factory floor mats

Huge “Thank You’s” go out to:
Justin & Babi @ Force-Fed Performance (FTMFW)
Jap (Jason) @ Epic Motorsports
Mike @ ETS (Awesome Turbo kit/customer service/friend)
Terry @ Fortune Auto (love my shifter & your coilovers.. hope we talk soon)
Matt @ Spoolinup (fantastic COP and harness)
And most importantly BOSS LADY @ My house.. lol
And all of you who came by and helped drink all my Yuengling. Hahaha.
Attached Thumbnails My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-p6021799.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-p6021804.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-p6031809.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-img_0024.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-p5251667.jpg  

Last edited by EvoLutionized8; Nov 14, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Added a few more pics...
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0kit/004-3.jpg
Attached Thumbnails My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-p5261682.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-img_0042.jpg   My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.-img_0231.jpg  

Last edited by EvoLutionized8; Nov 14, 2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added pics
Old Nov 14, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/IMG_0222.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56AEnJSEpoI
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/IMG_0228.jpg

Justin did a decent pass today at Fayetteville Motor Speedway. 11.29 @ 125.4mph

Last edited by EvoLutionized8; Nov 14, 2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

First off, Congrats Mike! I know you've put a lot of time and money into this car to get it where you want, and no one deserves it more than you. This build thread could could go on for days and still not hold a candle to the car in real life.

This is easily the baddest, well rounded EVO I have ever seen. I cant wait to see more from Force-Fed, and more of this streetsweeper!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks bro. You have done so much for all of us as well. Appreciate all your help. Can't wait to hit the races is this thang.

Last edited by EvoLutionized8; Nov 14, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
Thanks bro. You have done so much for all of us as well. Appreciate all your help. Can't wait to hit the races is this thang.
I do what I can bro! I cant wait to hit VIR with you guys. I may not be on your bumper but I'm gonna be out there
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Merged to thread on same car.

Last edited by Smike; Nov 14, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Appreciate it SuperMod.
And here's the dyno graph
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ojmill/033.jpg
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
verynice run Mike. 11.29 is not bad at all for someone that barely sees the 1/4 mile..lol
btw did u hit the rev limiter in 3rd? and just an fyi, u cannt run race gas on those bluemax. I got the same ones and found that out from FIC.
Cheers!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

no race gas Ali, E85 from here on out.. and it wasn't me, that was Justin. I don't drag. lol.. I would suck. and 4th was giving some problems.. but was very happy regardless of everything. The car feels very strong.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
ya i know, but just wanted to give u a heads up and heck i would still brag about that 11.2 ..lol

Quick Reply: My 2.0L 5857 Build, Finally.