Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Old School FP Green Mellon Tuned 93 octane 426/406

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old School FP Green Mellon Tuned 93 octane 426/406

So i have been having Chris tune my car since 08 as i have changed parts etc. I know he is very busy now so figured i would post this up

dip up top is not a big deal for me because i spend 99% of the time under 6500k (a lot of commuting and dont drag etc and i am old ) but like most you out there (hp addicts ,lol) i am looking at more aggressive cams and a non stock wga to see what i can do up top hp and torque wise, stay tuned.. i am very please with the result considering the pretty mild cams i have and minimal mods
EDIT 6/8/2010Here is the DLL version

Last edited by zeus1; Jun 9, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Put an 18psi WG actuator in the car. It will completely become a new beast. I had to re-rune when I added mine. You will see that boost will come on sooner and hold more toward red line. As you will see, my mods are similar to yours. My power levels are close to yours as well.

What cone filter are you using? I ask because I found that some filters flow better than others.

Paul
Old May 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

buschur cone filter. it is looking a little tired but it is a dry filter so not sure of the best way to clean it. i am looking at the upgraded wga and cams then will re-tune i do not think a ported exhaust mani will give me much. are you making similar power on the vdr?
Old May 12, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
buschur cone filter. it is looking a little tired but it is a dry filter so not sure of the best way to clean it. i am looking at the upgraded wga and cams then will re-tune i do not think a ported exhaust mani will give me much. are you making similar power on the vdr?
A little more on vdr actually. I think my revolver cams are making the difference as we have nearly everything else identical.

The Buschur cone is nice. I've seen small K&N filters cause issues up top with not flowing enough.

You will think you have a whole new car by upgrading the WGA. I couldn't believe the difference when I did mine. I boost 27-28 ish psi at peak and it only tapers to 25 by redline. This is a vast improvement over the stocker.

Porting the exhaust mani will help, albeit it slight. You may as well port match the head too while you are at it. It takes no time at all to do the port match on the head. Since you will be porting away, port the turbo too, if it isn't already done so. Every little bit helps.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

wow, great numbers, that is good enough to make most of us happy
Old May 12, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info. yeah the hks cams are not the most aggressive out there. i see about 21ps at redline. i will probably leave the exhaust manifold as if as it does not seem to make that much of a difference. i am curious on your vdr with the similar dynojet settings. you can me if you do not want to post up. its cool to see a car with nearly identical mods because there are so many choices

Last edited by zeus1; May 12, 2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

I normally don't do this, but here is my pulls...

Old May 12, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

very nice indeed! What are the comparisons between the base and comparison? also what was the outside temp if you recall?
Old May 12, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Base was 25-26psi on stock WGA. Comparison was 27-28psi peak on the 18psi WGA.

I won't be pushing it any more than this as I am still on the stock bottom end. Oh and for the record my Green is the old school one too.

I, like you, am an "old guy" by import standards. I don't think there is much more of a need for more as I don't use most of it anyhow. The car is great for AutoX though let me tell you. The power is so responsive.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

wow those are some good numbers for the figures you entered in the vdr and yes "old guy' here too by import standards.

Last edited by zeus1; May 12, 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I plan on keeping the Evo and making it the "toy". My next vehicle will be some kind of double cab truck. I too have a little one and teen agers that I have to transport around.

So as you can see, there is still plenty in your car. The WGA will certainly give you some great bang for the buck. I recommend turning the boost down when you first install it. The added pressure it has will cause you to over boost pretty easily. I speak from experience. I put mine on and didn't turn the boost down. The car hit 33psi....WTF....scared the hell out of me. Luckily it held together.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

wow.. nice yeah i wil take your advice on turning the boost down for sure. i will need to get mellon involved again to re-tune
Old May 12, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zeus1
wow those are some good numbers for the figures you entered in the vdr and yes "old guy' here too by import standards.
Just another great tune from Chris. He is really extracting great power from the Old Green on pump gas. Do you have any E-85 stations out your way?
Old May 12, 2010, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i wish there was e85 because i would be all over it
Old May 12, 2010, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
old school green still alive and kicking....good numbers, love your chart at 4k

Quick Reply: Old School FP Green Mellon Tuned 93 octane 426/406