Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

More CBRD BBK XL tweaking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ON E85 anything over the regular BBK or HTA green will need a double pumper or a 044 Bosch inline with Walbro
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McLaren F1 2003
not like its a slouch or anything
Not a slouch at all, so far the highest stock 2.0 motor regular BBK Full on our Mustang dyno has been 445whp, with single walbro.

- Bryan
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Not a slouch at all, so far the highest stock 2.0 motor regular BBK Full on our Mustang dyno has been 445whp, with single walbro.

- Bryan
Was that on 93 octane? Can you give me a mod list or the thread its in?

If its not 93 can you tell me what highest bbkfull on 93 you have had

Cheers
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GHOSTN

Cheers
Pretty sure the other car Bryan's referring to (445whp) was also on E85. We only get crappy 91 out here.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

well shoot, looks like im sticking with the regular sized BBK full

not like its a slouch or anything
I want a bigger turbo so bad, but my BBK full is more then enough right now. I'm in the same boat. lol

I'm curious what a BBK will do with more headwork/bigger intake manifold/throttle body.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Cheers
i think chad has seen around 400 on his dyno on 93
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:06 AM
Account Disabled

Cheers
E85

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l-evo-8-a.html

- bryan
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Meanie
ON E85 anything over the regular BBK or HTA green will need a double pumper or a 044 Bosch inline with Walbro
This is very insightful advice and something that typically goes overlooked by many going through an engine build and making an informed decision about which turbo to go with. I have a plethora of E85 stations around me (Arizona) and I've always known about the double pumper. This is/was my first time reading about a 044 Bosch inline being used with a standard Walbro. This would be a nice topic (thread) as I'm sure that you'll have those that favor or do not favor one over the other. Can you provide anymore details about the 044 Bosch (price, overall functionality, location to be bought, etc.)? This is interesting to me as I'm looking at a 2.3L build and this information will be useful in determining which turbo I go with. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

i think chad has seen around 400 on his dyno on 93
look at post #1.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...ts-thread.html
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:56 PM
Account Disabled

This car just did a road trip to Lake Tahoe and back and reported 18mpg.

Not bad for a Evo running E85, 1550cc injectors, Double Pumper and 2.3L putting out 500whp.

- Bryan
Old Jan 14, 2010, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
This is very insightful advice and something that typically goes overlooked by many going through an engine build and making an informed decision about which turbo to go with. I have a plethora of E85 stations around me (Arizona) and I've always known about the double pumper. This is/was my first time reading about a 044 Bosch inline being used with a standard Walbro. This would be a nice topic (thread) as I'm sure that you'll have those that favor or do not favor one over the other. Can you provide anymore details about the 044 Bosch (price, overall functionality, location to be bought, etc.)? This is interesting to me as I'm looking at a 2.3L build and this information will be useful in determining which turbo I go with. Thanks.

I agree. I have been looking into turbo upgrades and I was kinda stuck. I wanted more power but it seemed like going double pumper was more expensive and setup may have been an issue (I know there are kits coming out aiming to simplify actual use like the BlackOPS) and more importanly the only way to go if you wanted to run E85 and get anything over 450.

I came across a couple of threads where people were running that Bosch setup as an alternative esp. for people like me that want around 500hp but aren't going 2.3/2.4 and staying stock block. It appears the biggest problem is noise (if mounted in the engine bay which is pretty common).

Here are some of the threads I've read about it on. I haven't done it myself yet (no need,......yet) but I believe its 200-250ish price wise (Half the cost of going double pumper).

Here is a thread on how to do it: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...sch-044-a.html

Success stories: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ine-pumps.html

One person having issues (Trying to run a hobbs switch) with varying opinions from people smarter then me: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-problems.html

Also hit evom member named fre. He has it and he currently has over 500 to the ground I believe and is looking to go bigger. TedB also seems to be a big proponent for the setup as well and he is super smart about this stuff. Def. a good person to get info from.

When I do my setup I will post how tos with pictures (lacking so far) and results.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Jan 14, 2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:00 AM

bosch 044
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mayberry
I want a bigger turbo so bad, but my BBK full is more then enough right now. I'm in the same boat. lol

I'm curious what a BBK will do with more headwork/bigger intake manifold/throttle body.
the highest hp we've seen from BBK's (on pump) is with headwork..

im doing a build now, as follows:

BBK full ported, ported exhaust manifold, o2 housing, fmic, ic piping, perrin intake, exedy twin, 1000cc injectors, Headgames head (ferrea parts), GSC S2 cams, etc...

I expect this car to lay it down pretty good, we typically see 20-40 whp from GOOD head work and cams... add an intake manifold and tbody to the mix, and youre really cooking

cb

the highest BBK on our dyno on pump was 427whp, BBK-B test bed on pump was 439whp same car hotter weather less boost, and calebs evo ix with BBK-B stock cams, stock uicp, perrin intake, turboback, fmic and tune made 397whp on pump
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:06 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
the highest BBK on our dyno on pump was 427whp, BBK-B test bed on pump was 439whp same car hotter weather less boost, and calebs evo ix with BBK-B stock cams, stock uicp, perrin intake, turboback, fmic and tune made 397whp on pump
Holy eff! Where are these dyno plots? Sounds awesome.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
the highest hp we've seen from BBK's (on pump) is with headwork..

im doing a build now, as follows:

BBK full ported, ported exhaust manifold, o2 housing, fmic, ic piping, perrin intake, exedy twin, 1000cc injectors, Headgames head (ferrea parts), GSC S2 cams, etc...

I expect this car to lay it down pretty good, we typically see 20-40 whp from GOOD head work and cams... add an intake manifold and tbody to the mix, and youre really cooking

cb

Whats the spool differences between the two? Is the lag between gears noticable?

Quick Reply: More CBRD BBK XL tweaking