Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came across this thread from galantvr4.org and I must say damn this engine/ car is gorgeous...

Spyros, are you going with a water2air setup? Looking from the pictures and from reading the thread that would seem to be the best way to get the most HP from this extreme engine build
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Spyros,

Are you sure you are not using F1 parts? i have seen F1 pistons and they looks alomost identical to the ones you have pictured! on a serious note, do you think you will see any problemswith the piston rocking in the bore? i hear this can cause scuffing of the bore.

Also what is the advantage of berilium over Ally?

Regards,

Chris.
I try to answer some old post that u ask me.

The pictures of the pistons that i post its not berilium-alloy its (superalloy). The material that use of berilium version pistons are "aluminum-beryllium alloy", beryllium containing alloys its a mixture, comparatively small additions of pure metallic beryllium ranging from .50 percent up to 2.75 percent significantly enhance the performance properties and characteristics of both copper and nickel materials. Beryllium copper alloys are materials with exceptional strength, thermal conductivity and outstanding wear resistance. Beryllium copper is also a harden-able copper alloy, i.e. mechanical properties can be varied based on the solution annealing and aging processes utilized.
The company still unoficial can constract also berilium-alloys, remember that beryllium dust particles arguably constitute a health hazard, has led to an effective ban on its use, imposed by the FIA and all kind or organizations.
F1 stop use berilum- pistons from 1998 by Mclaren. Its very heavy material thats why they used only small persentage of it. They also cant work so many rpms that modern f1 engine work with so heavy pistons.

They start make them from 80s for F1 turbo and start from Bmw that runing 75psi boost at qualification rounds.

From 2001 they use alternatives materials from berilium. they use Metal Matrix Composite (MMC) materials, aluminum and ceramic alloy offers a weight-saving with excellent thermal characteristics. Its lighter than old berilium and have specific modulus of elasticity in excess of 40 Gpa/ (gm/cc) that almost aproaches berilium characteristics.

Last edited by Extreme Tuners; Jul 15, 2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Metal matrix composites (MMc) rods fail to stress-strain tests. the rod bolt material was incopatible with mmc. They are looking something new to use. 6 months delay.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Flyin EVO 2
The power level is awesome, but everybody needs to realize there measuring flywheel horsepower not awhp.
I have only tuned on a few dynapacks, but every one has shown "flywheel" numbers even though they read and output power at the wheels. Also, the only correction that I know of in a dynapack is the gear ratio correction input. Takes into account the gear-torque multiplication - usually just input your final drive ratio, assuming you're in a 1:1 gear.

Marshall
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:30 AM
Former Sponsor

We are only care about power at the engine. We improve engines not drivetrain systems.
But some customers asks wheel hp.
Dynapack can show both. All the design of all the parts are rated to engine HP. Turbo compressor maps, fuel flow, airflow, cfms are all to engine power calculated.
We make an engine setup not drag set up. The same engine with 1000hp crank to a front wheel drive is 870whp to a 4wd evo is 810whp. Although this, as we have dyno more than 1000 cars we know exactly the losses from engine to hub to the most known cars.
We print out both lately as the whp is in "fasion" so as the customer compare it to another dyno.

The dynoplots of the new projects will be at crank and whp too so as anyone compare it.

spyros
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

thank you for being so detailed and technical in your responses spyros, I love reading this thread and drooling over the one off parts you've created.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Amazing, the more I see and read I am just more speachless.

Bravo... I am in awe of the work you all are doing.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow! amazing stuff,!! thanks for sharing, you know its good when all the big boys in US aftermarket production are in awe too.....
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Dude you just dookied on every performance shop in the usa! Great stuff! Other shops stop hatin! He's on another level, they do f1 cars for god sake!!!!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 06:29 PM

nice setups for the mile not for the 1/4 mile . sheppard and brent rau did best times with more modest engines like 1100-1300whp with more controlable torque curves . couse the thing that really maters is the time wether in the mile or the 1/4mile tracks not dyno numbers.
but what these greek guy is talking about is about highest hp in a 4g63 engine not times so good for him!! really love the pictures
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Here are some pics of the procedure of making a billet 4g63 engine.

We have also billet cylinder head coming soon.

I will make new topic for the 2000hp project having more detailed pics of the engine and the other special parts, not messing this here. There are also in production the new bar/plate made forged pistons for this project.

Spyros
Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I can only see one pic. Is it just me?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PAdutch
I can only see one pic. Is it just me?
Yes, I see all of them.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long does the block spend on the cnc machine from start to finish?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bostonhatcher
How long does the block spend on the cnc machine from start to finish?
2 stages, 2 weeks

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)