Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
Those copper-beryllium valve seats look pretty.
I was thinking the same thing!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absoultely BEAUTIFUL parts going in that build WOW!

Sorry if i missed it (didn't read all the pages) or if it's not to be shared but those pistons look MEAN! CR?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wooww !!!!! lots to read . love that purple on black combo.. but damn mking that much power . thats like weighing 1000 lbs of muscle and working in an office sitting down all day and not lifting a thing. wouldnt know where to use all that.......great job keep us posted
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread for so long.

Once oddity I noticed...Mivec valve cover but where is the Mivec mechanism? Is this an VIII motor I presume? Maybe I'm missing something here.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

We use 13:1cr gasketless, to a destroked 85mm x 85mm stroke combo.
2.07 ratio capable of 12.500rpms.
Yes it's Evo ix engine, we get rid the mivec. And we use drysump for these kind of rpms with custom design crank.

More details about pistons tomorow.

Spyros
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

you guys live up to your name. It's all extreme here, beryllium?? titanium? ballin.

are you going to use exedy quadruple diamond clutch?

7" intercooler?

why don't you aim for top speed? 270mph

excited for finished product
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Greek power!! From one greek to another, keep up the good work Spyros!!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

We use custom 4 and 5 disk 4.5" plate systems for 140 and 178kgrm of torque. I will post pics tomorow.

Water cooler setup for gasoline fuels, and we remove it when we use methanol and nitromethane.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Extreme Tuners
We use 13:1cr gasketless, to a destroked 85mm x 85mm stroke combo.
2.07 ratio capable of 12.500rpms.
Yes it's Evo ix engine, we get rid the mivec. And we use drysump for these kind of rpms with custom design crank.

More details about pistons tomorow.

Spyros
Obviously I am not too versed on the purpose of this but could you explain why you removed the Mivec? I know the differences in the engine themselves between VIII and IX's but why run a Mivec motor with no Mivec? I assume with the cam profiles you run make this difficult but just curious on your thoughts.

Seems to me you guys are employing some high ends components and engineering over there. Very impressive to be raising the bar like such. Definately look forward to seeing your results.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

HOLY ****!!

I demand a video of at least a burnout, cause I know it will do it well.

That is all.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:31 AM
Former Sponsor

First of all sorry if I cant reply to all my pms.

DBsears,

We have made some test as matter the Mivec valve motion and non mivec. Mivec have nothing to gain towards to a good design profile to the specific engine setup only.

Mivec helps better always comparing to a same design - capability cam, but not to a custom one. The problem with the custom profile is the idle only and the extra stress of the valvetrain. Better everywhere even spools better than a good tune mild profile. We ve made some test to a complete stock evo ix with mivec and then we remove the mivec and place some custom cams to see the difference. We design the profile for the stock flow 4g63 and below are the dynoplots.
At the test was a complete stock evo ix the only that had was exhaust system, rod bolts, and walbro 255 and Haltech E11v2. The tune done by me with stock fuel and AFR exactly the same. The test took place to our dynapack dyno.

The dynoplot is with stock mivec tuned. the power is at wheels. and was 30psi all the tests.

Then we place the custom cams. same 30psi boost stock fuel as always.
the turbo was finished from 24psi but we want to show at 30psi same boost.

here are the 2 dynoplots with boost pressures vs power. the bold one are the custom cams.
the boost pressure comes 200rpm sooner and was less from 3500rpms to the 5500rpms.

and here are the torque at the crank vs power at the wheels.
Higher torque from even 2750rpms to the end and 45hp at the wheels at same boost just swaping the cams. Notice that with the custom cams we had 422awhp from the 24psi. Nothing except torque gains to 30psi.

AFR vs Power

These cams outspool anything exists mivec or no mivec.
Its our first stage cams that will be sold in public from our new website in 2 weeks.
There are versions in cast, and billet.

The second stage will be the last hydraulic and we have done test and tests to the simulation and to dyno vs the most known profiles on the market. Will be also sell to the public. like first.
keep posted to our new website to see the test.

There are 2 more stages that require special cylinder head preparation and will not be sold to public. But 1rst profile outspool all the known hydraulic cam combinations and second although hydraulic outspool mechanical profiles by far.
Recomended our valve train kit and better hydraulic lifters from second stage. 1st stage requires only spring kit and tested to 900awhp.

3rd and 4rth profile for 4g63 can be done only from billet and titanium and requires berilium seats and titanium valves. No mivec mechanism can handle these kind of valve motion even mivec billet cams can.

All custom profiles can be done for charge of R&D and master cnc program will send to the customer only. Noone can buy these profiles.

We have also in stock WRC profiles, Group A and N.

Below are some titanium version.
Stock 4g63 cast cam weight 1.377grms and the titanium version weight 234grms and can handle 4 times G acceleration than cast and 2.5 times more than billets.

A form with requirements and exact engine specifications will be sent to customers to fill for eatch custom profile. The are 3 charges then. R&d charge, Master profiles cnc program and then the cost of the cams depents the material and the surfase finish.

Enjoy.

Spyros

Last edited by Extreme Tuners; Jun 18, 2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Here is the second custom stage billet cams + Valvetrain.

Stock engine, stock intake manifold, stock throtle, stock exhaust manifold, custom turbo by us, using stock ix turbo comp and turbine housing. perrin IC and greedy exhaust.

Spyros
Old Jun 18, 2010, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

have you got any more info on the Cosworth engines? They look to be making MASSIVE power! how do you like the engines? in the UK the best you can get is about 900bhp at teh moment.....
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes, we have finish 2 projects now that will be dynowed next week the first. Its a cosworth both.
Last project with this engine was 1360hp as i remember. I will tell next week for the new one.

U can see the first page of the topic for this engine.

See some pics for the 2 projetcs but please stay only for the 4g63 engine in this forum. thanks

Thanks

Spyros

Last edited by Extreme Tuners; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
what material are those cams made out of?

Quick Reply: Highest HP 4g63 engine (from 2007)