Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

New fp HTA GREEN 517awhp/491ftlbs E85!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking New fp HTA GREEN 517awhp/491ftlbs E85!

So I've been rocking the FP White for a while now, the spool and transient were supurb compared to my stock turbo, but I decided I wanted to go a bit bigger... I had been reading up on the BBK turbos here lately and how people were saying they're a good mid-sized bolt on turbo, I wanted to see what the FP camp had for a mid sized with good spoolup, so I gave Robert a call and he told me about the new HTA Green that he's been working on... I knew that I wanted BOTH pump gas AND e85 performance to be great, and he said this one is perfect for what I wanted... I had the car at Switzer Performance in Ohio already getting a broken valve spring replaced, (mild port work done while he was at it) and ready for my bigger injectors and E85/pump gas switchable tune. FP sent the new HTA right to Switzer's for me.

I was nervous at first, being this is a new design, but after the first round of tuning on pump gas, I was shocked!

2005 Evo8 Mods:

FP HTA Green with 80mm antisurge
Pro-Efi ecu
Switzer headwork stock size valves
Comp Cams 280+
AEM cam gears
Megan 3" TBE with muffler and resonator
Ebay Tubular o2
Buschur Race FMIC and lower pipe
Switzer UICP and Tial "Q" bov
3" intake pipe and dry flow filter
Buschur ported IM
Buschur Double Pumper
Precision 1200 injectors
Switzer COP ingnition

This dyno shows 93oct pump gas only, 25psi. the blue was my old setup with the White, the red is my new setup with the mods listed... now keep in mind, my car has NEVER had super fast spoolup since the first time on the dyno, even on the stock 8 turbo. I think it might be the comp 280's but never had it dyno'd before those. All these runs are in 3rd gear. The cam gears can be adjusted for quicker spool, but they're set for most all around power instead, even at this setting, the HTA catches and passes the torque of the White at 4000rpm... I gained almost 100 HP at 7500 on pump! The final numbers were 431awhp and 369ftlbs

Honestly, I was so stoked about the pump gas numbers and wanted to drive the car, I had a hard time waiting for the E85 to be done haha... and then there was the issues... lol, the spark was blowing out at 28-30psi, and I just wouldn't be able to get the power out of it without an upgrade, so Switzer's made me a C.O.P. setup so I could turn the boost up.... at 35 PSI, its maxing out the injectors, and...........

517awhp and 491 ft lbs!!!! Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY happy with this kind of performance on BOTH 93 AND e85! The drivability is great, no surging on the highway at all... and as you can tell from the power curve, it's just nuts on the street

I picked the car up the weekend of the Buschur Sport Compact Nationals and since I was in the neighborhood, and can't resist a race, I decided to make some passes on E85... I only got a few in, and I've never driven anything with this kind of torque, but I did manage to click off an 11.2 with the tires spinning and the car shifting left out of the groove... the back end of the track is crazy... my best trap of the day was 129mph, and on one pass that i missed second, i ended up gaining over 36mph between the 1/8th and the 1/4!!! My car is full weight minus the spare and the rear wiper also.

I'd like to thank Forced Performance for designing this new beast of a turbo, and Tym Switzer for the excellent customer service and tuning, and taking the time once again to explain everything about the car, the parts and the tune

Unfortunetly, after I drove the s*** out of it on E85, my #3 stock connecting rod let go, knocking a hole in the block. I knew we were pushing it on the stock bottom end for racing and daily street thrashing, but I took the gamble anyways. I'm in the process of getting a new shortblock put together now, can't wait to get it back together with the build bottom end, balance shafts out and I'm also looking at a new lighter clutch, going to try to trap over 130 next time!

Last edited by Liqquid; Jun 17, 2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats some nice powa!
sorry to hear about the bottom end, but im sure it'll be built to hold up to those numbers.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about the window...but nonetheless great power! Hurry and get her fixed so you can enjoy it.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

wow you made more on your pump gas tune than i did with my red.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm, i thought they gave up on trying to make and HTA green for the evo!! so how much does it cost? i know i've actually been contemplating the fp white but i'm digging the results here, hope you have this beast running here shortley again.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evozmarine
Hmm, i thought they gave up on trying to make and HTA green for the evo!! so how much does it cost? i know i've actually been contemplating the fp white but i'm digging the results here, hope you have this beast running here shortley again.
Same price as the original Green, it was 1695.00,
You're not kidding on getting her back together lol, I'm like a fiend waiting for my next turn to hit the HTA pipe

Last edited by Liqquid; Jun 17, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you've got a FP Red with the 80mm cover? Or what?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

i didnt know there was an fp green on hta
Old Jun 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Toxin
So you've got a FP Red with the 80mm cover? Or what?
It's got the antisurge cover, but a smaller wheel than the Red model for quicker spool and HTA for more power than the original Green

Last edited by Liqquid; Jun 17, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about the shortblock. Great power though nice seeing the car run in person! It does haul.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

So this is a new designed HTA green, not the previous one that was scrapped?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Sorry to hear about the shortblock. Great power though nice seeing the car run in person! It does haul.
Thanks man! Can't wait for our rematch, maybe at the shootout I won't have my car gangster slammed so I can have a normal alignment and get some better times

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
So this is a new designed HTA green, not the previous one that was scrapped?
Exactly!

Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

very nice! it must have been a beast. good luck with the new motor
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

is this turbo for sale on the fp website?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fqjdmct9a
is this turbo for sale on the fp website?
I just checked and its not up there yet... I ended up finding out about it by calling them, he had been working on the design for quite a while and just finished it.

Quick Reply: New fp HTA GREEN 517awhp/491ftlbs E85!