Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Remote ACD resivoir relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
info and pics
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveK
If done without lots of meandering line, you can keep the line length the same. The factory line goes acros the front of the engine bay, back along the passenger side frame rail, then underneath the firewall, does a 180 in the tunnel and connects up to the fitting ~a foot from the TC.

In my case, the routing is much shorter, but the hydraulic line we used is a bit bigger in diameter than the factory piping, so fluid volume is probably the same.

Dave
the acd hard line you speak of do they sell that hole line as a part ? mine is bent and id rather just replace it.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump for Dave.K to show us how it was done
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Got some good questions in a PM, so will answer here for the benefit of everyone else. Hope that's OK.

1. Did you end up using this line at all? If so, how did you use it or modify it for use?
We re-used the ends of the lines and brazed new fittings onto them for running the replacement hydraulic line.

2.If not, what did you end up using for the lines? Length, Diameter, fittings?
I don't have any info on the specs on the hydraulic line I used, as a shop went out and got the line made for me. Its an exteremely heavy duty hydraulic line, probably intended for heavy equipment.

3. Where exactly did you mount your ACD?
The shop fabbed up a bracket and welded it onto the front edge of where the back seat goes. Wouldn't work in a street car.

4. What post-work did you do? Did you drain all the ACD Reservoir fluid? Did you have to bleed the accumulator at all?
The system will drain out when you remove the hydraulic lines, so no way around that. Once its all hooked up, there's a procedure to follow for bleeding the system. The pump can move alot of fluid, so it doesn't take long.

I will try to snap a few pictures this week and get them posted.

Dave

Last edited by DaveK; Jan 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent to hear about some updates. I'm knee deep into a few other projects and have half my car apart and this project has been in the back of my mind to do while everything is off. I'm assuming you've driven since the relocation... Have you noticed anything different/funky about how the ACD works/reacts since adding the extra hose?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
Have you noticed anything different/funky about how the ACD works/reacts since adding the extra hose?
Nothing different, other than when I crashed, I didn't break the ACD pump.

In my case, I think the new ACD line is shorter than the stock one. I also use a MoTeC MDC, not the stock Mitsu ACD ECU.

Dave
Old Jan 6, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for replying so quickly Dave, appreciate it. Sounds like this is a bit of work, but not the hardest thing to do
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing different, other than when I crashed, I didn't break the ACD pump.

In my case, I think the new ACD line is shorter than the stock one. I also use a MoTeC MDC, not the stock Mitsu ACD ECU.

Dave
Good stuff! I not too worried about using the Mitsu ACD programming with the extra hose, but if your not seeing any changes before/after the relocation regardless of the software used it sounds like a sucess to me. Thanks for the quick replys too... Keep up the good work.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
Good stuff! I not too worried about using the Mitsu ACD programming with the extra hose, but if your not seeing any changes before/after the relocation regardless of the software used it sounds like a sucess to me. Thanks for the quick replys too... Keep up the good work.
Funny thing is, with my aftermarket system, I get flashing lights on the ACD, but when I plug in the OEM computer, the flashing lights dissappear. I'm guessing my car may be different enough from the Australian versions that it might explain the flashing lights. FWIW, the car seems to work with fine with the flashing lights...but I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.

Dave
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

My apologies for taking so long to get pics. Don't mind all the dirt...its a rally car.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Remote ACD resivoir relocation kit-diff-pump.jpg   Remote ACD resivoir relocation kit-diff-pump-2.jpg  
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

My apologies for taking so long to get pics. Don't mind all the dirt...its a rally car.

Dave
Right on Dave! How much wiring did you have to mess with/extend for moving the ACD assembly there? I am thinking of moving it in to the trunk and am very interested in more details
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by willitas34
Right on Dave! How much wiring did you have to mess with/extend for moving the ACD assembly there? I am thinking of moving it in to the trunk and am very interested in more details
I think its only 4-6 wires. I had a spare hacked up 2005 wiring harness, so I robbed the ACD related wires from it, de-pinned at the ACD computer, and dropped the extra wires right in. They turned out to be about the right length to reach the back seat with no splicing needed.

Dave
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like I found my new project.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:53 AM

In hopes of seeing other examples of such a conversion, I'm bringing this back from the dead, as I too would love to have lower IAT's and keep the pricey pump protected from bad drivers/debris/trees/animals with antlers.

Cheers
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Inphluence is doing alot of quality work to his car which includes ACD relocation. Link below.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...os-photos.html

Quick Reply: Remote ACD resivoir relocation kit