Notices
ECU Flash

WGDC 100% under LOAD vs TPS WGDC %

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WGDC 100% under LOAD vs TPS WGDC %

About setting up boost to get the fastest spool possible, I really want to use the "WGDC 100% under load" table but it's really annoying for drivability and throttle modulation. The car boost way too much at part throttle when using this table. If you always used WGDC 100% under 200load i.e. , try zeroing it you will understand what is good part throttle drivability.

The issue is that using this table prevents the TPS WGDC% correction to work as intended. The best of both world would be if the TPS WGDC% would be the master table applied after ALL other corrections. I would pay some disassembly geek if he can do a ROM mod like this.

It would be 40xtimes better for tuning and performance if going WOT and at 100% WGDC in every possible situtation, but only when your TPS WGDC table value is allowing it.

Last edited by domyz; Aug 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Domyz I see what you are saying, but I just set my WGDC 100% below load lower than others and then the base WGDC tables take over, might be worth a shot for you?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jedibow
Domyz I see what you are saying, but I just set my WGDC 100% below load lower than others and then the base WGDC tables take over, might be worth a shot for you?
I don't think you get it sorry: I already set this table at zero, for the exact reason I explained in the opening post
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by domyz
I don't think you get it sorry: I already set this table at zero, for the exact reason I explained in the opening post
Have you tuned the WGDC upward correction limit vs. TPS table?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I leave it at zero like almost everyone to avoid overshoot when spooling
Old Aug 18, 2014, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by domyz
I leave it at zero like almost everyone to avoid overshoot when spooling
I don't have an overshoot issue with mine? But I have the WGDC tables set lower than most people so that I cannot overshoot... I have my max WGDC adder table set to progressively increase after 60% throttle percentage, as well as my throttle cable correctly adjusted (mechanically) and I have no issues what so ever with my throttle or boost response? However like all things automotive it is set to where I like it so, to you I may have issues LOL

George
Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Im assuming the way it works is:

WGDC under load -> TPS WGDC -> WGDC Map

Whereas it doesnt matter what your WGDC map or TPS WGDC is set to, it will run 100% WGDC until over the load threshold defined in the WGDC under load table. Then applies the TPS % to the WGDC map. Although Id think that most of the time if you've surpassed the WGDC under load table, youre already at 100% tps so that table becomes useless.

You want:
TPS WGDC -> WGDC under load -> WGDC map

Whereas the TPS WGDC table will always have an affect on the other maps.

Ive battled this as well, seeking smooth part throttle for autocross. Ive got my 100% WGDC under load table at 100 (basically zeroed out). And a soft TPS % table where it doesnt use 100% of the WGDC table until around 80% TPS. And 0% TPS = 0% WGDC.

Ive also got my upwards correction zeroed out to alleviate overshoot. The only way to full utilize that table is with a desired PSI table that matches what your turbo is capable of. Mine is set to my peak boost value from 4k rpm all the way down.

If this was an easy fix, Im definitely interested too.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Yes this will help for sure, but even with a desired PSI table set at what the turbo is capable, you are still not at 100%WGDC on transitions. So between spring opening pressure (about 12psi) and full boost, there is exhaust loss in the wastegate (not a lot but still some power loss)