ECU Flash

Ugly rough fuel map

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugly rough fuel map

Hi guys,

I want some feedback on my fuel map. It's not done but I don't like the shape it's taking. There are areas where the values in the cells a far apart from each other in order to get the same or close actual AFR from wideband.... it seems it wants to be rough.

What is the best workflow for tuning on the street? Do you guys use map tracer in evoscan to make tuning changes or do you look at the raw csv log and make changes based on looking at that in ecuflash?

Old Apr 17, 2014, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I look at the raw log and I believe more tuners do as well.

Did you make any changes to your MAF scaling? If it was scaling weirdly it could explain the weird shape your map needs to have a smooth AFR.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
I look at the raw log and I believe more tuners do as well.

Did you make any changes to your MAF scaling? If it was scaling weirdly it could explain the weird shape your map needs to have a smooth AFR.
I'm pretty sure my MAF scaling is stock. I know I tried scaling it years ago but im pretty sure i gave up and put it back to stock. Should I try to scale it again?

I just got my 2.3L running a few days ago so I'm working on the tune now using my old 2.0L tune as a base. I've pulled timing almost everywhere, and lowered boost. It's 10:1 on CA 91 octane + meth.

Is it normal for a fuel map to look rough like mine or am I doing something wrong?

Why do you and other tuners prefer to look at the raw log? Isn't it more difficult/time consuming or does map tracer not yield good results?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
As said use the raw log , rather than making one particular cell really rich to acquire the relevant afr keep it smooth with the adjacent cells and bring those up or down a little rather than one up or down a lot
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by todd6027
As said use the raw log , rather than making one particular cell really rich to acquire the relevant afr keep it smooth with the adjacent cells and bring those up or down a little rather than one up or down a lot
OK makes sense, thanks. I have tried tuning all different ways, but haven't settled in to a way that I comfortable with. Just trying to figure out how the pro's do it

So is it ok to leave my MAF scaling stock even with a 3" hardpipe intake, 2.3L, etc. ??
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboTylerIX
OK makes sense, thanks. I have tried tuning all different ways, but haven't settled in to a way that I comfortable with. Just trying to figure out how the pro's do it

So is it ok to leave my MAF scaling stock even with a 3" hardpipe intake, 2.3L, etc. ??
I rarely touch the maf scaling other than to correct low fuel trim , im using the stock maf scaling on 2.3 mivec , s2 cams hardpipes etc