Notices
ECU Flash

MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo

Hi everyone,

I'm new to ecuflash and have been having a go at tuning my vehicle. Mainly at the moment I am trying to eliminate knock as its knock happy in the high revs. I have swapped an evo 8 maf in about 5 months ago now, and it has been running fine. Having a quick look at my maf size, scaling and smoothing it looks like someone has gone in there and messed with it. The scale down the side is not linear at all, and I was wondering if I should just have a go at changing all the values to make the thing at least electronically correct. I believe the fuel trims are about 12.5% out at the moment but heres the photos anyway, and I'll see what you guys think. Cheers guys
Attached Thumbnails MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-car-maf-evo-8.jpg   MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-car-maf-current.png   MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-wp_000591.jpg  
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
wrong address or scaling in the def file dont change the values , correct the def .then look at them again

Last edited by todd6027; Apr 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:08 PM

Looks like im probably going to flash a completely different definition file onto my ecu in order to get decent tables and values that aren't all messed up. I will let you know how it goes
Old Apr 15, 2014, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on modding the airtek, I'd love to have one of these! Good luck man.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 02:20 AM

Cheers. I love my airtrek its so nice to drive! I have flashed a different definition ecu on and it runs really nice up to 4000rpm. After that no power, runs really slow. Ecu is limiting load to 160% and wont allow me to go any higher. Also boost is coming on really slowly as well. My boost gauge is a little broken at the moment but I still can't run much boost. Injectors are running way out the whack at the moment as well, logs have said injector duty cycle is over 100% which is not like my other map. I will go back to the other tune for now but I am trying to sort it out. At least knock is low. Does anybody have any ideas?
Old May 9, 2014, 11:49 AM
VVV

The 160 boost limit is in the rom image, you just need to edit the number.
Are you driving a stock airtrek?
If you've swapped your MAF sensor to an EVO one, you need to edit the ROM with new values regarding MAF size, scaling, air temp and baro pressure compensations, otherwise your engine will run haywire.
Which ROM version are you using?
Old May 9, 2014, 11:50 AM
VVV

P.S. Just flash in the 89900010, it has a very good definition at the moment.
Old May 10, 2014, 01:21 PM

Hey cheers for the help. I have already sought help from another Airtreker and he gave me the 0010 definition. It is very defined and a good way to tune on ECUFlash. He already had an evo maf installed on his car so it was really easy once I flashed on the new tune and set up the injectors. I kept his fuel maps that he had and just removed knock with ignition timing. Now I get about 20% better fuel economy, around 500km to a tank on the open road, and the car has much more power. I accidentally removed my boost pill, and that is why I couldn't get boost over 13psi and 160% load. With a boost pill back in now with the solenoid controlling boost and a boost offset of 40% I easily hit 16psi and get to about 90% injector duty cycle, so for now I am happy with it. It is getting an evo 8 5 speed manual gearbox this week, and is also getting evo 8 brembo's too. It should be fun!!! Shes been driving great
Old May 11, 2014, 04:40 AM
VVV

EVO brakes won't fit bolt-on. Better go for BMW e38 brembos.
Old May 12, 2014, 02:43 PM

The front will fit. Getting the Evo knuckle on the front wheels. Rears we are still working out. Just getting fronts at the moment until we can work something out. Do E38 just bolt up to the back too?
Old May 13, 2014, 05:57 AM
VVV

Ah, well, evo knuckles does not mean you install evo brembos bolt-on :-) I have E38 brembos installed at front via adapters. No knuckle change and the disc (from Hyundai SantaFe 2) is WAY cheaper and, at the same time, better IMHO.
For rear, there's no bolt-on solution. I have Nissan Skyline R33 rear brakes with GTO/GT3000 rear rotors installed on my Airtrek. Requires some welding, but is, in general, very simple.
Looks like this
Old May 13, 2014, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off topic a little, but I'd love to see a pic of your Airtrek! A video would be over the top awesome lol. The similar looking outlander over here is an insult to the airtrek.
Old May 13, 2014, 06:20 PM

Hey guys. Manual conversion is going well. The guy who is doing it will be sending me some pics tonight so I will upload a few of those! And I will make a video when the car is manual converted and brakes done. Can't wait to pick it up!!! 16 days left. Still going ahead with Evo front brembos at the moment and will sort out rears at a later date still, maybe have to make a custom mount or something like that.

I will put up a video of it as well just for you when I get it back!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 01:27 AM

Hey guys.

Most of the project is done. Just got some bills to pay now. I have front brembos, an evo 8 gearbox and now can put down 250whp at 16psi on the stock injectors here are some photos of the car now. Me and my dad are building an insert that will house some switches and things for various things on the car for where the old auto gearbox stick use to come out. Also my mods in just over a year of my engine bay. Quite a big difference!!!
Attached Thumbnails MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-wp_000619.jpg   MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-wp_000623.jpg   MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-wp_000624.jpg   MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo-one-year.jpg  
Old Jun 29, 2014, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you take pics of the dash with the white gauge faces for us? Just wondering if those might be swappable to the Evo 8 or 9 cluster? Know anyone who has done that? do you know any source for those faces?

THX

PS im in the US

Quick Reply: MAF scaling evo 8 maf swap into airtrek turbo