Notices
ECU Flash

3D SD table - load or VE?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MAF IAT wgdc correction works really good. It adds flexibility to the boost control system for cars driving in different climate conditions. But when you switch to SD, this function becomes worthless, as there is no outside air temperature input anymore. Is there any way it can be implemented in SD rom? May be using a secondary air temp sensor?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 02:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
wideband o2 closed loop control? Could it be integrated ?

Also the ability to use baro as a spare input? Or is it being used this time around ?

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Jun 11, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
ok guys, I said I'm looking for SD-specific features.

Originally Posted by Biggy VIII
MAF IAT wgdc correction works really good. It adds flexibility to the boost control system for cars driving in different climate conditions. But when you switch to SD, this function becomes worthless, as there is no outside air temperature input anymore. Is there any way it can be implemented in SD rom? May be using a secondary air temp sensor?
Not SD specific. However, when I eventually release the new SD code to the public, it will be integrated into a tephra v7, so IAT-compensated WGDC will be an option.

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
wideband o2 closed loop control? Could it be integrated ?

Also the ability to use baro as a spare input? Or is it being used this time around ?
Also not SD specific, but again, wideband O2 closed loop will simply be an additional patch that can be applied. Note that this will only be closed loop cruise and not full time closed loop which is not worth implementing. The baro ADC will be used for baro compensation by default, but I do already have an option to not use baro, so the baro input would be available for other things in that case.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For some reason the on SD I have to greatly adjust the Coolant temp adder/maf comp vs coolant temp to get it to run normal from dead cold to warm and I still every now and then get a weird 10.0 to 18.0 blip that pulls the car back. Im on 2150s with switchable maps on a omni 4 bar. I locked idle in OL and I idle between 14 and 17 depending on weather but I am ok with it. I have been running the SD daily for a couple months now and love it.

I do wish we are able to have more accurate injector scaling. I think alot of the issues would be sorted out if we could get a more true % of injector change especially when going dual map. Seems like we have to cheat the tables quite a bit to get what we want which is not a big deal, but tuning ECMlink cars where you can dial it in so precise and have everything line up like it should is more assuring to some.

Example is I have my 2150s dialed in at 1392 with .5 dead time at 14v. VE at idle is like 45 and targeting 16 in the Fuel table. After idle my FTs are with 2% and my VE is higher than normal in boost.(somewhere around 130-120) but hits my target AFR on the money.I feel like I am teetering between 2 spots lol.

Thanks for all you guys do though. Its quite amazing how well this car runs on this ecu.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Ah I didn't disconnect the wbo2 from sd in concept. Cool can't wait to see the new rom in action.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Jun 11, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It seems the most valuable feature is a straight forward way to build the SD mapping, then be able to test and validate with maybe a 'tune' feature. Maybe it's a slick excel sheet or whatever, but when you read all the problems people have it just sounds like garbage in - garbage out.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Nimpoc
It seems the most valuable feature is a straight forward way to build the SD mapping, then be able to test and validate with maybe a 'tune' feature. Maybe it's a slick excel sheet or whatever, but when you read all the problems people have it just sounds like garbage in - garbage out.
i will have a feature where people can build an sd map while running maf. as it sounds, logs of rpm, map, and maf master load will be used to build an sd table. i believe that the pivot chart feature in excel can collapse the log data into an sd table. i'll see if i can include a template excel file.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Out of curiousity mrfred, is this something you're planning on scripting within the next 6 months or even sooner? I mean you pretty much have a great idea of what you want, and what we all would like to see when it comes to tuning SD. Been watching this thread for a little while now.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 06:11 PM
EvoM Guru

My plan was to finish SD and then do flex fuel, but for the sake of getting something out the door I've decided to start off with SD only. Much of it is already done, so should be no more than three months.

Last edited by mrfred; Jul 19, 2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jwhalen07

I do wish we are able to have more accurate injector scaling. I think alot of the issues would be sorted out if we could get a more true % of injector change especially when going dual map. Seems like we have to cheat the tables quite a bit to get what we want which is not a big deal, but tuning ECMlink cars where you can dial it in so precise and have everything line up like it should is more assuring to some.

Example is I have my 2150s dialed in at 1392 with .5 dead time at 14v. VE at idle is like 45 and targeting 16 in the Fuel table. After idle my FTs are with 2% and my VE is higher than normal in boost.(somewhere around 130-120) but hits my target AFR on the money.I feel like I am teetering between 2 spots lol.

Thanks for all you guys do though. Its quite amazing how well this car runs on this ecu.
I'm not sure which rom you are on, but the 9653 flex fuel implementation by AST Includes much more precise injector scaling ( increments of 1cc).
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
There is actually a thread on here that suggests a different scaling based on disassembly of the ROM code.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...g-formula.html

FWIW, using the scaling of 887cc with the 31050/x formula, my original ID1000s were spot on. Sounds wrong as they claimed they were 1000cc injectors and the flow sheet that came with them said 1000cc. A while after this though, ID came out and said "well they are 1000cc injectors with this other test fluid... With gasoline they are 885s."

They now sell those injectors as 850s and have a new ID1000...

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Jul 21, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 06:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
There is actually a thread on here that suggests a different scaling based on disassembly of the ROM code.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...g-formula.html

FWIW, using the scaling of 887cc with the 31050/x formula, my original ID1000s were spot on. Sounds wrong as they claimed they were 1000cc injectors and the flow sheet that came with them said 1000cc. A while after this though, ID came out and said "well they are 1000cc injectors with this other test fluid... With gasoline they are 885s."

They now sell those injectors as 850s and have a new ID1000...
Very good read. I think what jot said in his last post there was spot on. However it would be more ideal if scaling wasn't used to find fuel trims etc and problems were adjusted at the source. Then tuning would be much easier and fuel mapping would be less arbitrary for most. This is 90% technique in tuning a lot of us have been taught to make the car run without making the ends meet quite as nice. I believe the factory fuel mapping is directly correlated to target afr.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
My plan was to finish SD and then do flex fuel, but for the sake of getting something out the door I've decided to start off with SD only. Much of it is already done, so should be no more than three months.
Three month bump... Any progress?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 01:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Nimpoc
Three month bump... Any progress?
Unfortunately, all my Evo time over the last few months has been spent doing fuel injector testing and troubleshooting a bad camshaft position sensor. Almost done with fuel injector testing, so starting to think about finishing off the SD ROM.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 05:09 PM
EvoM Guru

How do you account for the maf being removed once you have tuned a 've table from that maf? If there are truly 've gains then the table would be inaccurate once removed. Could a simple 1d table that accurately represents a factor of restriction be used? Or is that overstating the problem, and could be as simple as adjusting the 've table?

I always enjoy rereading this thread for the knowledge present

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Oct 8, 2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 3D SD table - load or VE?