Notices
ECU Flash

Start-up Fuel and ISCV Tables

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
He's running 8859, that's what he pm'd me about and mentioned earlier.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you sure you copy/pasted the 8859 code ad not the 9417 code?

I will need someone else to load the 8859 code to confirm its correct or if I have the wrong addresses posted.

-Jamie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may be a dumb question but if I add the code will it show these tables for alt map and main map? I'm running E85 on my alt map and need the maps for that.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
Former Sponsor

These settings are global, meaning they affect the main maps as well as the alt maps, unless specified to only affect one.

I wish we could make separate tables for alt maps with a few of these tables, it would make things much easier.

-Jamie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Which rom ID are you running?

-Jamie
always felt there was a few things buggy about this rom! seems im finally fixing its major issues with your help!

ps - i have a few laptops, i can try redoing the tables on another laptop but im absolutely sure i used your 8859 table info.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
Are you sure you copy/pasted the 8859 code ad not the 9417 code?

I will need someone else to load the 8859 code to confirm its correct or if I have the wrong addresses posted.

-Jamie
you were right man, i messed up. tried it on another laptop and it worked perfectly fine. went back and noticed i copied the 9417 code somehow.. been stressing this ish too much and messing up now lol sorry for the confusion!

I had PM'd you, i would like your services to help me clean up some roms i have..
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone found a way to adjust the Post-Cranking IPW adder "decay" time? This would really help with lean hot starts on SD ROMs, as a mask for a heatsoaked IAT. It seems to decay out too quickly for what I need it to do.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Not yet. Where do you have your IAT located now? I have had ZERO heat soak issues but we install ours just after the FMIC outlet.

-Jamie
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

It's located at the edge of the engine bay where the FMIC outlet piping enters the engine bay. I thought this would reduce heatsoak but I still see 120-130F IATs before starting if the car's been sitting hot for 15-30 minutes. Once air starts flowing and IATs come down, it's fine. It's also fine if I lock IAT at 75F as a test.

BTW, awesome writeup/diagrams! I sort of figured this stuff out by trial and error after a while but it's very helpful to have a visual diagram of it, which I had this months ago!

Beau
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Most of the stuff was already found except for the 'Post Cranking ISCV Adder' which I came a cross accidentally while looking for something else. That to me, was the biggest find since its VERY helpful. As far as I know, that table hadn't been found before or at least labeled with what it did. Same with the Post-cranking IPW Adder. It was found but no one had the correct labeling or had figured out the correct scaling. Now we have a good base to build from.

I would like to track down the decay timers too.

-Jamie
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:36 AM
Former Sponsor

I have also noticed that the datalogged 'Target Idle' is higher than the 'desired idle' table in ECUflash for the first 15 or so seconds after startup sometimes, then decays back down to the 'desired idle' parameter. I would liketo find that table as well. It's probably an RPM adder.

-Jamie
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 99EclipseGSX
...I still see 120-130F IATs before starting if the car's been sitting hot for 15-30 minutes. Once air starts flowing and IATs come down, it's fine. It's also fine if I lock IAT at 75F as a test.
I asked for an update to the ROM to fix this issue years ago in some other thread. Something like and offset for a period of time at startup to the IAT.

You can do a couple of things pretty easily as a band-aid fix:

1. Cap your IAT table, similar to how you said you locked your 75F.

The reasoning for this is because your probably only seeing those higher temperatures because of heat soak while the car has been sitting. If you do happen to see those high temperatures during a run, you'll simply be adding a little more fuel and running richer, which is a little bit of a safety measure anyway.

2. Use the fuel temp as the IAT input. You won't be getting accurate intake temps, but you can tune around it based on your IAT profile and rise through a run. You can tune everything back to how you have it now (AFRs, timing, etc) and not have the heatsoak issue.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
jamie, i don't have my evo laptop handy. are there any tables here?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrfred
jamie, i don't have my evo laptop handy. are there any tables here?
Yeah, in the first two posts. Some are already known tables that I just put together as a group and relabeled, though the 'post-cranking ISCV adder' was one that I had never seen posted before, at least not defined. I basically just showed the major settings I found to be the most useful for dialing-in start-ups.

-Jamie
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I asked for an update to the ROM to fix this issue years ago in some other thread. Something like and offset for a period of time at startup to the IAT.

You can do a couple of things pretty easily as a band-aid fix:

1. Cap your IAT table, similar to how you said you locked your 75F.

The reasoning for this is because your probably only seeing those higher temperatures because of heat soak while the car has been sitting. If you do happen to see those high temperatures during a run, you'll simply be adding a little more fuel and running richer, which is a little bit of a safety measure anyway.

2. Use the fuel temp as the IAT input. You won't be getting accurate intake temps, but you can tune around it based on your IAT profile and rise through a run. You can tune everything back to how you have it now (AFRs, timing, etc) and not have the heatsoak issue.
I know there are ways around it but in this particular case, I'm playing with this ROM on my daily driver which has an upgraded side-mount IC, so I definitely see high IATs during long pulls. I need the IAT to be reading correctly at all times as it's also largely used for boost control and timing trims. An adjustable post-cranking enrichment decay time (similar to "start extra" in AEM EMS) would fix this, or as you requested in your other thread, some type of mask for IAT for a certain time after startup.

Honestly, I'd most like the ROM to be updated to be more like a true SD system where IAT is a very small factor into the temperature part of the airflow calculation at low airflows (idle). The coolant temp sensor should be used during these conditions anyway. This is why this isn't a problem on most true SD VE based systems.

Beau

Quick Reply: Start-up Fuel and ISCV Tables