Notices

RAX Fast Logging

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Do you mean over 5V? For RAX Fast Logging, MAF-Volts is an 8-bit value. If the source data is 9-bit, it'll lose the top bit.

I didn't think that was possible. If I had, I would have halved the MAF-Volts resolution in order to fit 9-bit source data into the 8-bit space available.

Rich
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen any problems with MAF data.. it's always between 1 - 5 volts in my logs
Old Jan 5, 2013, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
If you want B, C and D to update every cycle, don't put them in any "sampgroup" at all.

I'd suggest:

RAX_A_Dat ... Use sampgroup=1
RAX_D_Dat ... Use sampgroup=2
RAX_E_Dat ... Use sampgroup=2
RAX_F_Dat ... Use sampgroup=1
RAX_G_Dat ... Use sampgroup=1

...and the rest with no sampgroup.

See how that runs. It will mirror my "Priority" setup in EvoScan.

Rich
13 lines per second using that. Just noticed at the very bottom of the logcfg.out it shows how fast it'll be:

5 obd requests per cycle (worst case), taking 75000us per cycle (55000us is fastest possible)
logging interval will be 75000us
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by richardjh
No, not sure what you mean by "missing".

Rich
I use a spread sheet that uses a rounding function to take the voltage values logged by evoscan, and converts them to there nearest 2 decimal place value (in a different column) , while preserving the original logged value (in the original data column). All rounded values are displayed, even values that are not adjustable in ECU Flash. My spread sheet keeps track of data sample count per voltage value. I have noticed that when I use fast logging, every other voltage area is giving me a sample count of 0, meaning no data is logged that rounds to those values. This is odd because normally evoscan loggs maf voltage values out many decimal places. It is almost like there is a filter. If fast logging does the rounding function in the ECU, then this would explain it. It isn't really an issue, it just made me wonder if it was intentional or not.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kozmic27
I use a spread sheet that uses a rounding function to take the voltage values logged by evoscan, and converts them to there nearest 2 decimal place value (in a different column) , while preserving the original logged value (in the original data column). All rounded values are displayed, even values that are not adjustable in ECU Flash. My spread sheet keeps track of data sample count per voltage value. I have noticed that when I use fast logging, every other voltage area is giving me a sample count of 0, meaning no data is logged that rounds to those values. This is odd because normally evoscan loggs maf voltage values out many decimal places. It is almost like there is a filter. If fast logging does the rounding function in the ECU, then this would explain it. It isn't really an issue, it just made me wonder if it was intentional or not.
I think I understand what you're saying ... you have a list of possible MAF values out to two decimal places (1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 ... etc) and next to each possible value is a number of times that value was logged?

You're saying you get hits on 1.00, but not 1.01, and then more hits on 1.02, and none on 1.03?

According to the RAX Patch instructions the resolution on MAF is 0.0196V, so if we try increments of that value and round them we get:

0.0196 = 0.02
0.0392 = 0.04
0.0588 = 0.06
0.0784 = 0.08
0.0980 = 0.10

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

MAF Volts in regular logging is a 16-bit value multiplied by 0.004883.

MAF Volts in RAX is an 8-bit value multiplied by 0.01952.

The "regular" MAF Volts value is divided by four before being placed in the RAX "packaged" data.

Rich
Old Feb 7, 2013, 04:23 PM

Please ignore -
Attached Files

Last edited by ivan308; Feb 7, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old May 23, 2013, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my over due program. I saw it the other day and remembered some people may be wanting this. Life has been crazy and my apologies for the wait. I made it open source and hosted it on GitHub. Feel free to use it under the terms of the GPL. I also will review any pull requests or documentation submissions on GitHub. Cheers.

Just install python2.x (whatever the latest windows binary is).
Then put this in a folder on the root of your tactrix. Double click the LogFixer.py file and it should launch in a cmd.exe window and convert any log files it finds.

If you have trouble let me know, but please read the documentation first. Since it's open source, someone else (with more time than I) can build binaries for you guys to use. For now you gotta install python to run it.

https://github.com/acidtonic/LogFixer
Old May 24, 2013, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Rich
Old May 24, 2013, 01:53 PM

so does this just add the extra columns ? i can get it to open with evo scan but i cant display any meaningful data

Originally Posted by acidtonic
Here's my over due program. I saw it the other day and remembered some people may be wanting this. Life has been crazy and my apologies for the wait. I made it open source and hosted it on GitHub. Feel free to use it under the terms of the GPL. I also will review any pull requests or documentation submissions on GitHub. Cheers.

Just install python2.x (whatever the latest windows binary is).
Then put this in a folder on the root of your tactrix. Double click the LogFixer.py file and it should launch in a cmd.exe window and convert any log files it finds.

If you have trouble let me know, but please read the documentation first. Since it's open source, someone else (with more time than I) can build binaries for you guys to use. For now you gotta install python to run it.

https://github.com/acidtonic/LogFixer

Last edited by Drkramm; May 24, 2013 at 01:56 PM.