Notices
ECU Flash

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you need any help from me then let me know...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airtrek

hi greg how you hope all is good
i down loaded the file you sent pasted it over the file in ecuflash rommetadate mitsubishi airtrek over write the origenal file started ecuflash done a read of the airtrek and can not view the file at all and the file size is still 256 kb
do you think it could be corrupted file and could you send it to sampsonfred1@gmail.com
also when the file is loaded to ecuflah i take it i can do everything from there and dont need any other softwear as on the forum the guy siad he maid hes own read file any help would be great thanks and sorry to be a pain thanks

also any help on other read write softwear would help too thanks
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fred sampson
hi greg how you hope all is good
i down loaded the file you sent pasted it over the file in ecuflash rommetadate mitsubishi airtrek over write the origenal file started ecuflash done a read of the airtrek and can not view the file at all and the file size is still 256 kb
do you think it could be corrupted file and could you send it to sampsonfred1@gmail.com
also when the file is loaded to ecuflah i take it i can do everything from there and dont need any other softwear as on the forum the guy siad he maid hes own read file any help would be great thanks and sorry to be a pain thanks

also any help on other read write softwear would help too thanks
Hi, sounds like you need the read file. Let me email that to you with some instructions. Greg's metadata file will work fine if you read it the correct way.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:21 AM

Hi All You AirTrek Guys,

I'm Jason from Malaysia. Got a 2005 JDM Airtrek Turbo. I've seen GregM and Fred from the old AirTrekker forum (now defunct).

I just started trying to reflash my car's ECU. Got myself a Openport 1.3U cable off Limitless Designs (the makers of EVOScan) in NZ. The funny thing is that I can read my ECU's data perfectly, but I can't seem to flash back into my car's ECU.

I started trying to flash my ecu using ECUFlash 1.43. No luck. I downgraded to 1.42, and still no luck. I got GregM's .xml file copied into the Rommetadata folder. So, I can read all my ECU's data perfectly, with all the bells and whistles.

What has happened is that everytime I try to "Write to ECU" or "Test Write to ECU" or "Compare to ECU", I get the error message window. The ECUFlash logs say that there is "Preamble 1 Error".

Anybody encounter this problem before? Please help. Thanks.
My e-mail is obejason@yahoo.com
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the reflash connector isn't plugged in. There is a white plug beside the other one, think it has 2 wires, you connect the reflash wire to one of those. I can't remember which one, will take a look at mine later today and confirm which wire it is.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 08:39 PM

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply. Haven't spoken to you since the Airtrekker forum was shut down. Its a great pity that that bunch did not renew the website / domain, even after some of us gave him some small donations to the Airtrekker club.

Thanks also for your created xml defination. I managed to download it from the Airtrekker forum a while back (before the website went down). I have been using your defination for some time now, but so far, I can only read the data from my ECU. All the parameters appear perfectly. High-Octane Fuel N,1,2, High-Octane Fuel 3,4,5, Low-Octane Ignition N,1,2, Low Octane Ignition 3,4,5, etc. It's all there. Thanks a bunch. I figure that you had spend a whole ****load of time just to create that defination. Great work.

I actually bought the Evoscan 1.3U cable off Limitless Designs (NZ). I spliced the green wire below my steering column with a "spade connector" for easy connection to the 1.3U's "single wire connector socket". Without connecting this wire to the 1.3U's wire, we cannot even read from the ECU via ECUFlash. Correct?

Anyway, last night, I tried to flash using another laptop running Win XP, and still no luck. Same results. Able to read perfectly, unable to write, test write and compare.

BTW, my car's ECU has been flashed before here in Malaysia. Any possibility that there is some sort of "lock" placed inside my ECU's programming by the previous tuner? I have tried running ActiveMatrix's ECU Unlocker (kept running together with ECUFlash), but there is no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks.

My email is obejason@yahoo.com
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

The green wire doesn't need to be connected to read, only reflash. I'd check the connection, as it sounds like the reflash wire isn't connected properly.

If the ecu was locked, as long as ecu unlocker is running prior to opening ecuflash, it should work, although I've only used ecu unlocker once when i had a flash fail half way through.

I have a better definition file since those days, have abit more stuff, but thats available on donation only. As you said, there was alot of time and money as well to get the definition file where it is today. The one you have only cost time.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:08 PM

Hey Greg,

Ok. No problem for donations from me. Would you mind telling me how? Also, I would also like to "buy" your newest defination for the AirTrek.

Thanks. Please email me. obejason@yahoo.com
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Email sent.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:32 AM

One other thing you can check is open Greg's XML and check the section :-

<flashmethod>mitsukernel</flashmethod>

I had to modify the flash method to the following to get the reflashing to work with ECUFLASH to:- <flashmethod>mitsukernelocp</flashmethod>

Cheers,
Russell
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:21 AM
Evolving Member

it seems like the flash wire connection. If you try it without the wire connected, do you get the same error?

I am using the Openport 2 and that works fine although i initially had problems due to a poor connection.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like I need to make a change to my xml, I must have screwed that up over the years.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:21 PM

Found on a few airtreks i've reflashed that the AFRs are overly rich.

I really need to look into getting some of the tephra stuff ported over to the airtrek/gta roms
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:55 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry, I have not been checking into this forum since last week.

Thanks Greg for your updated .xml. I haven't had time to try it our yet though. Got caught up with work, and not enough personal time to scoot over to the workshop to try it out in my Trek.

Thanks Russellc2 for your suggestion. I already had Mitsukernelocp running and also Mitsukernel running. With Mitsukernel, I can't even read from ECU. When set with Mitsukernelocp, read from ECU is fine, but still cannot write or compare or test-write to ECU.

Hey Scientist, nice to see you here too. Haven't seen you since Airtrekker forum went down. Great to see you here too.

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:12 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone who is encountering problems with reflashing AirTrek Turbo ECUs with ECUFlash. I had the opportunity to reflash successfully two different Airtrek Turbos today.

First AirTrek Turbo was a 2002/2003 JDM. To successfully read and write from ECU, please use the EVO 7-8 method. Also, before reading, please check that the .xml has been set with Flashmethod "mitsukernel" and the Memory Model is "SH7052". Also, do get a decent .xml from GregM, and you'll get to adjust a whole load of functions of your ECU.

Second AirTrek Turbo was a 2004/2005 JDM. To successfully read and write from ECU, please use the EVO 9 / Eclipse AT method. As usual, you would need to ensure that .xml has been set with Flashmethod "mitsukernelocp" and the Memory Model is "SH7055". Again, a good definition is available from GregM.

If anyone has more to add, please feel free to add-on to this knowledge base. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo