Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:27 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
koolzero, are the other values displaying from your 2011 EvoX on the EvoDroid7?

you are most likely running mode23, if not, you probably should be. also check that the knock sum address in EvoScan.. and then check the datasetting xml file on your Evodroid7. you just need to enter the memory address correct for your vehicle. each EvoX model has different mode23 addresses.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM
Silver Sponsor

Pin_5 Wideband
(Rx Receive) External Serial Input for External Wideband (i.e. serial cable wire from LC1, AEM or ZT2)
Yeah that is correct, the hardware side I have implemented AEM support, I just have to add the software side support now. I have pulled my AEM out of the cupboard last weekend and started work on the AEM support this week. I thought only Zeitronix had oil and boost inputs, I Will check the AEM spec and bring them through also if they are on the Serial input.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by koolzero
Any why I also I can't seem to get boost or oil pressure gauges to appear on screen, should AEM boost and AEM oil gauges show up? Do I need to download a different template?
koolzero,

You need to modify or create a new template to show your analog inputs. You also need to change a configuration file in your evodroid. There is some information in this topic.

Originally Posted by evoscan
Yeah that is correct, the hardware side I have implemented AEM support, I just have to add the software side support now. I have pulled my AEM out of the cupboard last weekend and started work on the AEM support this week. I thought only Zeitronix had oil and boost inputs, I Will check the AEM spec and bring them through also if they are on the Serial input.
Hamish,

It seems that the Aem boost and oil pressure gauges only have Analog Output:

0-5V analog output included for use with data loggers and virtually any engine management system
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...display-gauges

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=pro...display-gauges
Old Aug 13, 2014, 05:18 PM
Silver Sponsor

ok thats fine, you can wire those 0-5V analog wires directly into the op3.0DA and I'll bring the values through to the EvoDroid7 gauge template for you.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:41 PM
Silver Sponsor

thanks, as amazing as it sounds - its true AEM support is already in the works.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by psfp
Does anyone else is having problems with numeric gauges and negative values with decimal places?
The minus sign is appearing in both main value and decimal value:

@psfp do you have another photo of what it looks like now, with the new version I sent you?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Hamish since I have the earlier version and I got this mainly for gps will you be able to work something out with the faster/newer version to assure gps works like a real gps unit should?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:37 PM
Silver Sponsor

most SoC have the same gps chipset, it comes down to the quality of the GPS aerial really, some are better than others, as far as I can tell the GPS aerial on the new EvoDroid7 is much better during my around town testing, and lock-ons are even possible from indoors, but the Air is clear in New Zealand and we have hundreds of satellites in the Pacific, other areas could be different. What do you guys with the new Dual Core EvoDroid7 think of the GPS lockons now? working ok, great, or acceptable?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
most SoC have the same gps chipset, it comes down to the quality of the GPS aerial really, some are better than others, as far as I can tell the GPS aerial on the new EvoDroid7 is much better during my around town testing, and lock-ons are even possible from indoors, but the Air is clear in New Zealand and we have hundreds of satellites in the Pacific, other areas could be different. What do you guys with the new Dual Core EvoDroid7 think of the GPS lockons now? working ok, great, or acceptable?
This has nothing to with your question, but when is the apk update going to finish sir, and will it have AEM support?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Think you can offer me a break since this will be the 3rd one i'll be buying off you?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to buy it.
Just waiting to get a reply from Evoscan to my ticket to confirm I can use it as I need to.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

So if I'm wanting to monitor AFR readings with AEM gauges my only option at this point would be to use a laptop with evo scan and I guess also a tactrix cable?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 03:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
@psfp do you have another photo of what it looks like now, with the new version I sent you?
Yes, but with a black background this time:

Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:00 PM

Few questions hammish..

Where do i get the gauge designer?

Ive been reading through this thread and lots of talk about updates. Where do i check for updates?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

That aem wideband patch must be working pretty well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review